Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Memories.. that was the old good time and i missed so much, now the game is a mess with all this kids (on brain and not on age) spoil the game and acting like they are gods but they dont have a clue, whatever they do they cant have that we got in the past, nice raids, raids who end even at 3am because we was at end boss and we wanted so much to do that no matter if we all have to wake up in 4 hours to go to work or some to school.

Tbh this is Blizzard fault, they changes so many times things in wow in order to keep more social players online and they make more hardcore players to stop wow after they get fed up, im playing since vanila and lately i catch my self to start thinking of other games and the possibility to stop playing if things get worst in game, and i mean things blizz do against raids and playability, they creat LFR (disaster) they create FLEX (menance) and now they will do Mythic, to separate the "good" from "bad" guilds.. lol spare me..
    good and bad guilds become because you have allowed to players to become bad players by offer them options out of a core raid, if we want to have a casual game there is Aion. Terra or Aurora which are free and we dont have to pay 12.99 per month.
    Old way are in sometimes better than the new way, and i mean when players the only way to get a gear was only through guild raids and not all that we have now.

TBH, wiping never bothered me, during classic, did my casual guild have complete fail players, yes, did everyone eventually learn the fights, yes, i'd prefer to have sound, cheery raiders, than arrogant moany elitists any day. albeit, from my knowledge classic was quite laid back, where as during tbc, wiping for a month on one boss was rather tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm not sure where my line is, but I know I'd rather raid with a 14/14h group of jerks than a group of people I enjoy raiding with who're still in normals. Currently I'm in an 11/14h guild with nice people, so luckily I don't have to make the choice.
    I'm the opposite. Ask me this 2 years ago and I'd agree, but I stopped caring about progression I guess.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

When I raided with a guild of nice people, I didn't have to deal with people screeching about who was doing something wrong. And in the end we did fine.

One of my first experiences with an elitist dick was this guy who was probably the best tank on that realm (at least I had a LOT of people say as much), and he would spend the whole raid sending me requests for pics of my tits.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    When I left "my" guild at first it seemed like the greatest thing in the world. I still talked to most on Realid, jumped on my alts still on that realm and helped when possible, and did Heriocs with my new guild. I normally tanked or healed, I was the best in the guild at which ever I was doing, normally one of the top dps if I swapped to feral for some odd reason or an old raid run, but nobody was complete dead weight just some had slower learning curves and then we had 2 or 3 who never did stupid stuff but definitely did not put up numbers like they needed to at times.
    Over time one of the top dps left due to slowing progression, and long story short all the people I spent 1 of the 2 most enjoyable periods of WoW (to me personally) with eventually quit. Personally, if I did it again, I would have never left and would have enjoyed the time with my friends more, I am sure most still would have quit eventually, but Real ID and the occasional help in a raid is nowhere near the same as sitting in Vent/Skype and bs'ing for hours on end.
    Hope it works out for you though OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    being elitist means you think any one who isn't as good as you is inferior. it's an inherently negative descriptor.
    The problem is that the term elitist has become misused. People just use it when they can't come up with a decent argument in a discussion about playing the game properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'd rather play with nice people or friends.

I've been in groups with the "Wait....did you just accidentally step one inch the wrong direction? OMG YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DIE SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY IN A FIRE" people, and I don't enjoy that.
    That is not the intent of the thread tbh.

I think everyone would play with people that are nice. The thing is: If you want to raid heroic stuff - you'll find a group of people that do so, meanwhile are nice.

Those things are not mutually exclusive and very ignorant (not talking to you specifically) to think so.

The heroic 25 man I was GM of for 7 years, had a very fun atmosphere. We did not yell at eachother (nor do I know any SUCCESFULL and LONGSTANDING guild that does) or point the blame at someone. Sure we did sometimes jokingly say stuff to our tank who once died during an Undying (it was an offday, I know Immortal is for 25 man) run - that if he died again: Oh look Blade "the dying" did it again! And then everyone laughed including him.

You cannot run a succesful heroic guild or imo ANY guild that curses and yells at their members. It will probably dissolve within months if you have this situation. So all these accusations of "heroic raiders are elitists" and stuff is total bullshit.

But I won't refute that there are players outthere that are in heroic guilds that use that "status" to bash on other players. Just as that there are players that feel that they do not want to enchant/gem/farm for proper gear to actually be of value in LFX. I dislike either type.

Its never about Elitist or Casuals its about Priorities for me and Friendship, the guild I am currently with, though I am not currently raiding, clears shit and is 13/14HM and fits in with me great, although you would probably call me plenty of names if you saw how I acted ingame, its just who I fit in with, which is whats important, who you get along with most, not how they clear shit.

Sometimes you have to do a little shopping before you find that one guild that is both skilled and friendly. My guild and I have been raiding 10 mans (normal and heroic) since 3.0 when I originally joined them, and those guys and girls have more or less been the foundation for my WoW career. To the outside observer, we might seem to bicker and fight, but a lot of the time it's inside jokes and innocent, playful banter. ("Oh, we wiped again? It's because Adam won't replace his shield." This is in reference to the fact that for five consecutive tiers I've had the shittiest luck with shield drops. I definitely went in to ToT using the crafted blue and didn't replace it until we started running it on heroic.)

We're out there. You just have to find us.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

It really depends on why you play the game. But there are nice and rude people in both elitist and non-elitist groups.

For me personally, I play WoW to kill bosses and progress through the game; not make friends. That's what real life is for. I'd be willing to put up with a few rude players if I felt I was getting something out of it - like progression raiding.

With that said though, I have very rarely encountered overly-rude people in the guilds I've raided with, and none of those people ever held any position of power or decision-making within the guild. It was usually just a normal raider, not an officer or GM.

I think the whole "good players are elitists" is just another bad stereotype that the less-experienced crowd likes to throw around. Similar to the whole "players in world-top guilds all live in their mom's basement". It's just a sad attempt to discredit a better player's abilities by saying he/she has nothing else going for them, or that they're a bad person.

If I were being honest, the most rude players I have ever encountered in the game were the ones who had nothing to lose. No guild, no reputation, no credibility. Most of the raiders I've known over the years would not be as willing to put themselves out there. But, that is not to say that it doesn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two great guilds I've raided in were kinda what you're describing. Most of the players wouldn't even talk to outsiders most of the time, yet our raids and those 6 hour Vent sessions after every raid were the nicest times I've had in WoW so far. Though I'm similar in that regard - I choose to distance myself from people I haven't known for a while. I find that since I haven't been raiding it's much harder to establish a relationship with other players so instead I just stick to people I've known for some time. That may seem elitist, but it really isn't.

Deleted
    There is absolutely no reason to play with bads, so every alternative is the way to go.

Deleted
    The insinuation being that players who are good at the game can't be nice people. Lol.

I always wonder if people who claim their "elite" guild is full of douchebags are actually the problem, rather than the guild.

Personally I've never had trouble with any guild I've been in, even relatively successful ones. I've never had a RL or GM that screamed at people (pro-tip, not a formula for success in most cases since you're trying to retain your good players, not push them into a better guild) during my stint in a top 100 guild. I have been in plenty of pugs on my server with less successful guild's groups and listened to their RL scream at everyone on what is supposed to be a "fun" "offnight" type raid. Doesn't bear thinking about what their main raids are like.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-04-09 at 08:56 AM.

Full clear, hands down, i'm in it for the loot.. Raids aren't fun when you're on you 200th wipe on immersius even if they are nice people

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I've been in groups with the "Wait....did you just accidentally step one inch the wrong direction? OMG YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DIE SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY IN A FIRE" people, and I don't enjoy that.
    I think the real problem is people still think all raid leaders act like the Onyxia wipe guy.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

they really say "hope your you and family die" or are you exaggerating just a bit.
    Anyway, while raiding with "bad" but nice group can be okay sometimes, it quikly become old to wipe all night when you know you can clean in 2 hours (and have done it with another group).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The insinuation being that players who are good at the game can't be nice people. Lol.
    It is more difficult for those who are aiming for heroic clears and especially progression racing to also be nice people simply because to do those things you've got to vet people more heavily. Almost no one thinks well of the message "you aren't good enough." There are better and worse ways to deliver that message but it's always going to sting a bit - and nice people are more reluctant to deliver it compared to shitheads.

There is also a tendency to prioritise performance over personality in hardcore - i.e. if johnny awesome is also an utter monster who insults everyone it's more likely an extremely competitive group wil let his behaviour slide (even if the eventual plan is to replace him the desire to keep raiding will take priority).
    I always wonder if people who claim their "elite" guild is full of douchebags are actually the problem, rather than the guild.

Personally I've never had trouble with any guild I've been in, even relatively successful ones. I've never had a RL or GM that screamed at people (pro-tip, not a formula for success in most cases since you're trying to retain your good players, not push them into a better guild) during my stint in a top 100 guild. I have been in plenty of pugs on my server with less successful guild's groups and listened to their RL scream at everyone on what is supposed to be a "fun" "offnight" type raid. Doesn't bear thinking about what their main raids are like.
    Good and great players don't get hassle from elitists, that's the point of eltiist behaviour. Think of elitism like a machine that slaps you in the face if you are under 6 feet tall but you'd never know existed if you were taller than that. Tall people don't notice but everyone else is sick of it.

I have only been in one guild since I started raiding seriusly in wotlk, so I wouldnt know how other guilds operate. So how is a elitist or friedly guild compared to my guild that is strick, but still friendly to a degree unless you fuck up?
    I have been thinking about switching over to another guild, since most people are tired off SoO and are taking a break before WoD comes out, while I stared again a few months ago. I feel my current guild got potensial as we got to ragnaros HC (never downed him) and we got to ultraxion HC in DS before I quit.

1. Answer to your question depends on what you want, what you really enjoy in raiding.
    I went through 5 guilds during last 5 days and in 3 cases it was because I preferred guild with "more skilled people".
    My first guild is really friendly oriented, I still attend half-year camps with them but apart from alt raid I wouldn't like to raid with them anymore. They prefer fun to raid results.
    The second guild was a social one and preferred people above skill. When we were progressing Spine HC and there was a lock in the raid I would bash my head against the wall cause I know we will keep wiping all the night because locks were below tank in DPS to Tendon. Worse - there was no sign of improvement in them while I changed spec and learned new rotation just for this single encounter.
    The third guild was quite OK, but people were not committed enough. How can you raid with someone who has tactics written on the guild page and the don't even bother to read it before raid? The guild leadership was good but the guild mindset was not to take it too seriously. I'm still their friend.
    Fourth guild disbanded, apart from that I liked it very much, it was balanced. The current guild I'm in has 14/14 HC, has skilled and friendly ppl (unfortunately some slackers too), but I'm happy with progress/effort/socialization ratio.

2. Term "elitist" is misused and abused the same way as "freedom". If I don't stand in fire and expect everyone not to stand in fire am I elitist? If I check logs after most of the raids and enjoy to have DPS ranks, am I elitist?

3. So generally I would always try to change the guild if people had different interest in raiding than me. Otherwise it wouldn't work well. That said I would never ever enroll to a guild where the raid mood would be bad, ppl would act like a-holes and wouldn't respect each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you didn't describe the second group well, they sound nice and skilled, is that right? In that case I don't see why you wouldn't go with them.