Suggestions for engaging Android strategy and simulation games?

I am an MMO freak but on my Android tablet I like to play strategy and sim type games. It is hard to find a good one - any suggestions? My only requirement is that they are not a cash sink - I do not mind paying once to unlock everything (even $10), but I hate the games where you have to buy thing constantly or the game crawls (e.g. DragonVale).

I like turn based, simple but skillful strtagy games and any kind of sim where you build and run a town/city with resource management. For example, I love:

Triple Town:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fox.tripletown

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mash

Deleted
    Don't bother with those "f2p" games ... you'll hit a paywall sooner or later (or you are going to wait for hours and days to accomplish anything).... they're all cash-sinks.

There are some games on the playstore in the strategy/4x genre ... problem is using a touchscreen to direct units and select tiny stuff etc. etc.

Catan is a port of a board game, games are rather short (15-30 minutes) and the game isn't very complex overall (and honestly better played as the boardgame with friends)

Autumn Dynasty is nice, but only on a tablet... it's a RTS with a somewhat odd control mechanism

Starcommand - just watch the video, I like it