Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

why do people call a burst macro a swifty macro

tbh i was using burst macros in classic wow before all this one shot swifty crap came in i guess its the times we live in cos all the kids copy a swifty macro and thus the swifty one shot macro is born. i lol at people who call it a one shot macr owhen the only class wh ocould possible 1 shot you in there burst is maybe a lock or shaman and im talking pvp geared in pvp not full decked out in warforged SoO heroic gear.

even though this video is 4 years old it still shows how bad he is

and he actually says if you have 2 buttons on the side of your mouse you have to be a clicker and he uses circle strafing which nobody even uses in pvp anymore and kids look up to him i dnt understand why people think this guy is good.

Deleted
    Ehh you're about 6 years too late to post this.

At this point, I think people do it just to see if people (like the OP) get angry about the name.

Deleted
    yeah but swifty isnt even good he fucking keyboard turns in the video

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    Everyone I know uses it with thick sarcasm.

I've also heard "poppin coolies" which just sounds more fun to do.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Swiftys audience isn't gladiators, nor is he, it's a general PvP audience and younger players, I thought that was obvious.

He was never amazing, I never thought he touted himself as it either, for some reason people seem to believe everyone who streams has to be some sort of god, he got popular more because of information and decent videos when most of the WoW population had no idea what they were doing, and he gave them info that let them play better, and thus he got a following, and still has one, albeit for different reasons.

I don't really like him anymore his content has gone WAY downhill, he's good for newer players though.

As to calling it a Swifty Macro, why do people call Vacuum Cleaners Hoovers? Or to search, Google it? Or use Escalator? Or Sellotape? or Chapstick? or Coke? and so on and so on, it's just become a generic term.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-04-08 at 06:48 PM.

Because, whilst everyone uses macros to "Swifty" anyway, he does it and has a lot of viewers and at some point has shown said macros to people who normally wouldn't know. I think it's mostly the streamers who use the term "Popping my Swifty!" as a take-piss or general term because it's easy to use. Anyone else doing it seriously because they think he made it and is actually good is probably just ignorant or an idiot.

Swifty is an entertainer, not a Gladiator.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-04-08 at 06:52 PM.

Confirmed jealous warrior.

Do you know what makes Swifty "good"? Threads like this, because it gives him the publicity.

Someone is butthurt over keyboard turner doing better in wow pvp (LOL - wow pvp...).
    Hes more famous for his streams and what he does than how good he is. There is tons of people who are better than him, but not in what he does.

Personally I dont care about Swifty or other e-fame people.

Its exactly as Treelife said - hes an entertainer not a uber gladiator. You dont need to be the best of the best to make cool shows that people want to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Swiftys audience isn't gladiators, nor is he, it's a general PvP audience and younger players, I thought that was obvious.

Besides a the pvp part, this statement somehow reminds me of modern gangster rap lol

Deleted
    and he actually says if you have 2 buttons on the side of your mouse you have to be a clicker and he uses circle strafing which nobody even uses in pvp anymore and kids look up to him i dnt understand why people think this guy is good.
    He says this to promote Razer. Literally right after saying "you need more than 2" he says "I think the Razer Naga is the best mouse for this".

I have a mouse with 2 buttons on the side, and a clickable scroll-wheel. I haven't clicked in about 6 years.

swifty is the face of the one shot macro, it's not really hard to figure out

also op seems a little upset because swifty made a basic tutorial to teach new players basic things and promote his sponsors

Deleted
    He orders good Pizza though... just saying... oh wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Confirmed jealous warrior.
    Nothing to be jealous about. He's decent. But thats all. There are thousands that are on his level regarding Skill. He's not some special Snowflake. He Streams, he makes YouTube Videos. And he's what.. 30/40? Acting like some ADHS Kid? If Mew gets jealous at that guy for all that crap? Ho.. don't even ask me what went wrong.

Because people, and people will always do things that make your brainmeat hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he came up with a burst macro begin cataclysm. Thats also back when "swifty" macros became because of multiple DPS CDs being implemented. Therefore they call it "swifty" macro.

Deleted
    Clealry mad OP because he isn't famous like Swifty.

Swifty is an entertainer, not an shitstick uber gladiator being all serious and shit, so there's that

Deleted
    he uses circle strafing which nobody even uses in pvp anymore
    What are people using then, may I ask?

I'm in no way any good, but I tend to use this combination, or with Q/E. If you would be using solely double mouseclick down, you wouldn't be able to face a different direction as you're running. Or is it just the fact that you don't complete the whole 360 degrees? If thats the case I would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    What are people using then, may I ask?

I'm in no way any good, but I tend to use this combination, or with Q/E. If you would be using solely double mouseclick down, you wouldn't be able to face a different direction as you're running. Or is it just the fact that you don't complete the whole 360 degrees? If thats the case I would understand.
    Well, more importantly, he's linking to a video from four years ago and saying "nobody does this anymore"...well, it is from four years ago.

I've never really understood the hate Swifty gets, he's someone who has managed to make a living off WoW (at least I think so). Anyone who can make an entire career off streaming and making Youtube videos deserves respect in my eyes because it takes balls. If people don't like his videos, they shouldn't watch, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post

He was never amazing, I never thought he touted himself as it either, for some reason people seem to believe everyone who streams has to be some sort of god, he got popular more because of information and decent videos when most of the WoW population had no idea what they were doing, and he gave them info that let them play better, and thus he got a following, and still has one, albeit for different reasons.

I don't really like him anymore his content has gone WAY downhill, he's good for newer players though.

As to calling it a Swifty Macro, why do people call Vacuum Cleaners Hoovers? Or to search, Google it? Or use Escalator? Or Sellotape? or Chapstick? or Coke? and so on and so on, it's just become a generic term.

This post should have ended this thread of silliness.