Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    He orders good Pizza though... just saying... oh wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to be jealous about. He's decent. But thats all. There are thousands that are on his level regarding Skill. He's not some special Snowflake. He Streams, he makes YouTube Videos. And he's what.. 30/40? Acting like some ADHS Kid? If Mew gets jealous at that guy for all that crap? Ho.. don't even ask me what went wrong.
    He's good at marketing himself. Respect for that. That has little to do with game skill. In fact, it would probably be impossible to be a full-time vlogger and one of the best players in the game. All that time spent selling yourself would detract from the single-minded obsessiveness you need to be at the very top.

Swifty does tend to whore himself out to his sponsors IMHO, but deserves credit for building his channel and some entertaining videos.

It's just because Swifty did a lot of "omg big crit" videos where he had things set up (willing target, all possible debuffs on the target, all possible buffs/procs/cooldowns for him, everything perfectly lined up, etc) to make the biggest crits possible.

As for his skill in PvP, I can't comment much. He could probably kick my ass. Course, I'm not great at PvP myself, so that's not saying much. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Well, more importantly, he's linking to a video from four years ago and saying "nobody does this anymore"...well, it is from four years ago.

I've never really understood the hate Swifty gets, he's someone who has managed to make a living off WoW (at least I think so). Anyone who can make an entire career off streaming and making Youtube videos deserves respect in my eyes because it takes balls. If people don't like his videos, they shouldn't watch, simple as that.
    Jealously... "Man Swifty is terrible, I'm better than him... people should pay me money."

I don't mind Swifty... he made my hands glow at 60.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Because he's a dude who is famous for posting shit about wow on the internet, and nobody gives a crap about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    swifty is well aware he's not top tier.

but swifty is good for wow.

are you?

Deleted
    Let's derail this thread on a similiar topic.

Why is Pewdiepie so famous? He's shit at every game he plays.

Deleted
    wow what a useful thread

Ofc Swifty isn't good, he plays a warrior after all. ^^

But really, they probably call it a swifty macro because Swifty have done alot of videos of huge crits from lining up buffs/debuffs like berserker in WSG etc to just simple macros that pops all CDs. Altough I've never heard anyone calling it a Swifty macro, just Burst macro or one-shot macro.

As for his popularity I'd say it is because he seems like a nice person and are mildly humorous. His skill doesn't matter.
    You should stop being jealous OP and be more chill like Swifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Jealously... "Man Swifty is terrible, I'm better than him... people should pay me money."
    I'm not sure jealousy is the right word, but I think it's close. I don't know many grown men who are jealous of Justin Bieber or Kim Kardassian (sp?), yet they hate him. It's more of a "that person doesn't deserve to be famous".

Now obvious Swifty isn't close to those too, but I think "why is this guy famous" is the main thing. I guess that is a form of jealousy, but I always associate jealousy with envy. Although, maybe that's just semantics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    When someone blows cool downs like that, I call it depending on the situation:

Situation One: Someone blows cooldowns, and you can get away from it by just running away, or leaping - I call this "Someone's going Swifty over here" - and just run away/leap away etc.
    Situation Two: Someone blows cooldowns, and you have to eat them - I call this "Someone's going HAM", or "Someone's Veev'ing over here, need help!" - and hopefully get help from someone on my team.

Either way, Swifty has been around awhile, and has a lot of respect just for being a nice guy.

OP Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alith/advanced

Highest rating in RBG's: 1600
    No Arena Achievements.
    RBG CR: 1481
    2's CR: 901
    3's CR: 1032
    5's N/A

Swifty Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wifty/advanced

Highest RBG Rating: 2400
    Arena Achievements: 2400 3's, 2200 5's, 2200 2's, Rival, Duelist, Challenger
    RBG CR: 384
    2's CR: 1166
    3's CR: N/A
    5's CR: 931

Swifty is in no way a gladiator or Rank 1 and is a pretty basic player but, are you really in a position to be throwing stones? You're really not so great yourself and on paper he blows you out of the water with his numerous 2k+ achievements.

#ether

Deleted
    so swifty is kind of awesome?
    (the never-agree-with-op saga continues)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadc3ll View Post
    OP Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alith/advanced

Highest rating in RBG's: 1600
    No Arena Achievements.
    RBG CR: 1481
    2's CR: 901
    3's CR: 1032
    5's N/A

Swifty Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wifty/advanced

Highest RBG Rating: 2400
    Arena Achievements: 2400 3's, 2200 5's, 2200 2's, Rival, Duelist, Challenger
    RBG CR: 384
    2's CR: 1166
    3's CR: N/A
    5's CR: 931

Swifty is in no way a gladiator or Rank 1 and is a pretty basic player but, are you really in a position to be throwing stones? You're really not so great yourself and on paper he blows you out of the water with his numerous 2k+ achievements.

#ether
    streamer's ratings dont mean anything.. literally -200% value.

that said.. this post should still close the thread, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hate is strong with this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8