Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    lol what? when i was with my wife(got a kid now) we used around 50 euro so lets say 70 us dollar a week for eating and drinking. so yea 250/month is easly done for 1 adult.
    You know a rib eye steak costs about $12.00 at the store here? 2 of them makes it already $24.00 a few veggies on top a little this and that, and there you have a $40.00 dinner for 2 people. This is the costs for a dinner we prepare, not restaurant price..

Now we don't eat steaks every day, only twice a week I'd say. But, the fuck. I am working to live. I spend the money that I can spend.
    And $200.00 a week is not living in feudalism, trust me on that. It's just living healthy and well balanced. And THAT costs in the USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The poor should work harder and save themselves. Without a powerful military we ALL fall
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, it sucks but unfortunately we have too many people riding in the cart and not enough pulling it. We need to start lightening the load
    I agree we should really unload. If we'd get rid of the likes like you, the country would flourish and prosper like never before.... Regaining the #1 spot as top economy would be possible in less than 10 yrs. Guys like you are the roadblock hindering the progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyumetsu View Post
    Edit: Not to mention, raising taxes on the rich does not fix wealth distribution. Funneling money back to people through welfare does nothing to improve the economy or get them educated/ employed/ employable. It keeps them dependent on the rich and nothing more.
    I'd like to hear your proposal.
    I agree funneling money to people through welfare does not improve the economy. At best it keeps it from collapsing though.
    Making people employable requires education. Education however is a very expensive factor in the US.
    And with welfare being what it is, yes... It keeps the people in dependency of the rich, or better say dependent on welfare.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-04-09 at 10:05 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Those Ford carriers aren't going to pay for themselves.
    When I read "Ford Carrier" this is the first thing that springs to mind:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    When I read "Ford Carrier" this is the first thing that springs to mind:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/story...0001_large.jpg
    niiiiiiiiiice rides..
    I only had the little brother once for a couple years.... The German Ford Taunus 20m
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...20M_Lahti2.JPG
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."