Deleted

can u help me inmprove my elemental dps? :)

Hello

I am looking for someone with heroic SoO experience 400k dps + who can give me a hand with an advices of how to increase my dmg on a single target. Currently i am more or less capped at 300 k(on avarage) and no matter what i do i cant seem to break this point :\. I was wondering if there is any ele shammy out there who is willing to give me a hand with increasing that number to 400k+. I would need to have a chat with that person ingame since i am pretty sure that communication here is not going to suffice . I am willing to offer anything i can offer for the person in return although that is quiet limited number of things i am still willing to repay his/her kindness ^_^

here is a link to our latest logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=7967&e=15215
    And Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Frikaa/simple
    And ofc feel free to click on my char and expect gear enchants etc.
    this is my battle tag:Frika#2315
    ty for your time!

Deleted
    Just simmed you with Average skill and 450 seconds time length (0% variance) for a single target fight.

Result:
    min = 298969 dps
    avg = 345964 dps
    max = 413776 dps

So with 300k dps you're at the theoretical minimum - still, whether one can reach the simulated result is questionable.

Can't help you though since I am not the Super-Player you're searching for.

Deleted
    ty for taking your time to do so however... currently on a training dummy with only my buffs i cant pull more than 310 k dps for a 5 min fight which means that either i am missing something huge in my dps rotation or the number 400 k is just not achievable. I was already contacted to someone in game for which i am greatful and hopefully we will manage to see where the problem is today however after i went with him through my rotation/skills/tallents/gemming etc it seems that there isn`t much that i am not doing right :\ which is kind of a let down... I guess what i am trying to ask is how are there shamans who put out 500k+ dps on world of logs? i mean i just cant see it happening atm i am 1/3 of my way to bis gear atm (Warforged heroic) which means that more or less i should be able to do 400 k on a single target orrr maybe not ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    ty for taking your time to do so however... currently on a training dummy with only my buffs i cant pull more than 310 k dps for a 5 min fight which means that either i am missing something huge in my dps rotation or the number 400 k is just not achievable. I was already contacted to someone in game for which i am greatful and hopefully we will manage to see where the problem is today however after i went with him through my rotation/skills/tallents/gemming etc it seems that there isn`t much that i am not doing right :\ which is kind of a let down... I guess what i am trying to ask is how are there shamans who put out 500k+ dps on world of logs? i mean i just cant see it happening atm i am 1/3 of my way to bis gear atm (Warforged heroic) which means that more or less i should be able to do 400 k on a single target orrr maybe not ?
    First:
    310k on a training dummy without additional buffs sounds perfectly fine. For the future: Please, do not try to proove anything via training dummies.

Second:
    I do not know from where you have this number of 500k+?

First of all, you linked Klaxxi fights on WoL. WoL does not seem to know Klaxxi hc and therefore tracks it as normal mode.
    However, Klaxxi is NOT a single target fight. Just look at the logs and you can see the reason for the rankings: Chainlightning.

The only pure Single-Target fight close to a patchwerk boss is Malkorok. And there you have many many KR, TW an CN people with rankings. However, as far as I know, these guys are able to obtain higher numbers of ilevel and therefore of course are able to do more dmg.
    Thus, the first EU rankings start at rank 21 with ~460k dps. Can't find any "cheats" like tricks of the trade in the first log.
    Usually those ranking fights are very short, about 3 and a half minute, which would result for your simulated dps in 303 - 485k with an average of 375k in my simulation environment. However, afaik, the sim does not take into account multiple stormlashs in 25m environment.

So yeah - does not seem to be soooo far fetched to reach 450k+ in EU with a shaman on single target, but definitely requires perfect execution and luck.

Oh yeah, for pure single target, sims say that haste is stronger than mastery afaik - but I guess you know this, in case you would like to purely focus on single target dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    However, Klaxxi is NOT a single target fight.
    wat.

/10chars

Hello

I am looking for someone with heroic SoO experience 400k dps +
    <snip>
    Hi Frika,

Okay so, firstly that's a horrible log to judge off. You need a decent kill in order to assess your performance.

I took the liberty of going through your logs and came up with a malkorok kill and had a quick look.

Your opener: (click here) is completely incorrect.

The correct opener is as follows (keeping in mind location of stormlash + a healing cooldown can be implemented or changed depending on the fight requirements):

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    3 seconds pre-pull use fire elemental totem
    about 2 seconds use your potion & cast lighting bolt (adjust for haste/latency)
    1 second Lust

Flame Shock
    Lava Burst
    Storm Lash
    Unleashed Elements
    Lava Surged Lava Burst (if available)
    Ascendance
    Spam Lava Burst
    You NEED to practice this opener. Sit at a training dummy, forget your dps meters for a moment and get this rotation down pat. It needs to be natural for you to press these buttons in time.

Standard Rotation: (click here for source)

During the fight you were constantly letting your flame shock fall off, followed by casting multiple LvB, other times however you refreshed your flame shock multiple times before casting a single LvB.

E.g:
    [20:16:32.798] Frikaa's Flame Shock fades from Malkorok
    [20:16:37.991] Frikaa begins to cast Lava Burst
    [20:16:39.564] Frikaa casts Lava Burst on Malkorok
    [20:16:39.914] Malkorok afflicted by Flame Shock from Frikaa

[20:17:23.442] Malkorok's Flame Shock is refreshed by Frikaa
    [20:17:34.166] Malkorok's Ancient Miasma breaks Soryshe's Levitate
    [20:17:46.721] Malkorok's Flame Shock is refreshed by Frikaa

And then I looked for this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...sh+Elements%22

You didn't cast a single Unleash Elements the entire fight?

I will probably just stop here and request you check the following: Endus' how to Shaman

Best of luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel View Post
    wat.

/10chars
    Why so confused?

You have three targets to spam the shit out of chain lightning. That's how you rank on Klaxxi.

Of course, this is completely contrary to the goal of killing them one by one, but who cares when you are only aiming for a rank and/or fun?

I just explained how people can reach 500k+ on Klaxxi and not how to properly execute the fight.

Oh, and nice in-depth analysis, fearom.

Deleted
    thanks for all the replies!

Ok so lets start with paragons i am focusing on this boss because this boss is where we currently are and where performance matters atm. Needless to say my logs on malkoro were made in a condition far from ammm shall we say good.My talents were wrong and i couldnt care much about my dps for the last kill since i went 40 h without sleep but i still had to stay for the raid. Needless to say i barely stood awake with that being said i tried haste and my dps drops like a stone with perfect rotation and execution (if we exclude the cloak procs which hit 2 dummies). #

I also did a testing with haste on paragons the results were lower dps still with 10-15 k on avarage (without beeing turned into scropion) so that pritty much is that i cant find any support or evidence for haste > mastery at this point.

Right now i am just beginning to think that overall 300-310 k isnt really that bad for a single target fights and i still cant see how i can reach 400k+ the only really possitive upgrade which i lack is the warforged heroic weapon but even with that i cant see doing 90k+ dmg. Someone said it is luck yes it could be and if that is the case than thats kind of sad considering but it is what it is.

For last i just want to ask how is paragons not a single target fight? Forget about CL i am talking about pure single target dps here which is most of the logs etc. If u ignore the fact that u have more than 1 mob i cant really see a reason why the fight is not single target since u nuke 1 target all the time if nothing else u have multiple targets for flame shock which increases your dps a little bit or am i wrong about that ?

ty for all the responses and help

Switch to Enhancement. That is what I did when I got sick of subpar DPS for my gear as ELE, and never regret looking back.

For last i just want to ask how is paragons not a single target fight? Forget about CL i am talking about pure single target dps here which is most of the logs etc. If u ignore the fact that u have more than 1 mob i cant really see a reason why the fight is not single target since u nuke 1 target all the time if nothing else u have multiple targets for flame shock which increases your dps a little bit or am i wrong about that ?
    The guy in question was talking about ranking and not progression. You wouldn't use Chain Lighting on that boss at all (unless you wanna play it off as using it to benefit your Ancestral Guidance - aka be a scumbag). Multi-dotting Flame Shock is a good idea, but since you seem (no offence) to not have the single target rotation down properly, I'd concentrate more on that.

Fearom's post contained pretty much all that needed to be said about your logs though.

Gluck!

Deleted
    Thx, Anzen, for your further clarification.

Just to avoid any misunderstanding:

I only pointed out chain lightning at Klaxxi because that's the spell you have to use to get ranked and obtain those insance 400k+ numbers.
    Of course, single target damage is highly relevant during progression. Nevertheless, it is a fight with at least three attackable targets for a long portion of the fight.

Just to give some "evidence" (still Kaxxi "nhc" rankings since WoL tracks Klaxxi hc also as nhc - so no idea which ranking might be from a heroic kill, all mixed up!):

Elemental shaman rankings 25N for EU & US:

rank 1: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...101#Warthunder
    620715 dps
    Top spells:
    1. Chain lightning, 2. Chain lightning overload, 3. Cleave trinket (hilarious!!!)

rank 5: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...Ducksauc%C3%A9
    517399 dps
    1. Chain lightning, 2. Chain lightning overload

rank 10: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...76&e=435#Sozin
    479129 dps

rank 15: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...1&e=7949#Nawne

rank 20: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...BC%D1%81%D0%B8

The list continues, just have a look yourself.

Further:

Please please please please do not evaluate ANYTHING via target dummies or "today I tried it and it didn't work!".
    That is not how dps optimization works! Well, target dummy might be training for executing the rotation, but does not proove anything regarding possible dps.

Oh and yeah, here is a link to the haste > mastery for single target:
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...ll=1#post85431
    Fight Style
    Keep in mind that fight style plays a large role in which stat comes out on top. A haste build pulls ahead on pure single target and helter-skelter fights, balanced pulls ahead on hectic add cleave, and mastery pulls ahead on fights with constant cleave (3+ targets, consistently - the closest example this tier is Galakras, though there may be periods of downtime that impact this, as well as the final boss burn; Fallen Protectors is another example if your raid stacks the bosses to keep them fairly even). Again, this is in full BiS. For your own specific stats, sim yourself.
    (quoted from the so very charming Tickletotem on Totemspot)
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2014-04-10 at 05:51 PM.

I feel like balanced stats are really the way to go. From a progression stand point at least. If your guild hasn't got garrosh heroic down yet, go with a balanced spec to really assist on all the fights, or if you are stuck on one fight spec specifically for that boss.

Remember there is a difference between being good at getting logs, and being a good raider. (sometimes you can be both :P)

Personally, I like to look at IJ parses for single target, you can get a decent amount of cleave on the blobs on Malkorok. It does require the strat where the raid stays bunched up tho

EDIT: Just looked through logs, and you seem to be healing for IJ, which kinda sucks
    Last edited by Rabb; 2014-04-11 at 05:29 AM.

I thought I would just post this here. But I thought the correct opening was using UE first on the pull to proc the meta gem then FS, LvB into Ascendance. But seeing here to use FS first? then LvB, UE, Ascendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    I thought I would just post this here. But I thought the correct opening was using UE first on the pull to proc the meta gem then FS, LvB into Ascendance. But seeing here to use FS first? then LvB, UE, Ascendance?
    People seem to prefer different openers. I open how you just described, but I can't imagine there being much difference from just UE'ing a LvB instead of a FS and having the UE buff up longer during Ascendance. It's definitely something I'll look into, but this far into the expansion with all content on farm, I can't say I really care that much :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You wouldn't use Chain Lighting on that boss at all (unless you wanna play it off as using it to benefit your Ancestral Guidance - aka be a scumbag)
    Totally acceptable during Fiery Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Totally acceptable during Fiery Edge.
    You can also play off spamming Chain Lightning after a boss dies for "Fulmination stacks", but ultimately it's still scumbag-ish in my books.

That said, we raid 25 man and there's not really a Fiery Edge that's so severe we need to resort to spamming CL during Guidance for that slight bit of extra healing, I've also heard 10 man is a snooze-fest so I can't say I feel it's entirely necessary in either difficulty setting.

Of course you could always debate the benefits of it, I'd rather not be one of "them guys" who try to justify AoE'ing on Paragons (here's looking at you Boomkins & Warlocks!).

Also, raid comp greatly influences your dps numbers, several tricks,banners,stormlashes can get you a high rank easly. Also, if you have many very very good dps, then the fight length will be smaller and therefor your dps higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    You want to get as many LvB out as possible during the buff phase from UE, consider an extra 1 or 2 Lvb cast during your 10 second of Unleashed Fury buff due to the additional GCD you gain from not using flame shock.

Would you prefer a buffed 13 tick of flame shock (assuming sub 45% haste).
    or
    a 1.1x LvB + additional LvB during UE phase due to GCD usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You can also play off spamming Chain Lightning after a boss dies for "Fulmination stacks", but ultimately it's still scumbag-ish in my books.

That said, we raid 25 man and there's not really a Fiery Edge that's so severe we need to resort to spamming CL during Guidance for that slight bit of extra healing, I've also heard 10 man is a snooze-fest so I can't say I feel it's entirely necessary in either difficulty setting.

Of course you could always debate the benefits of it, I'd rather not be one of "them guys" who try to justify AoE'ing on Paragons (here's looking at you Boomkins & Warlocks!).
    I'm not really into cheesing ranks, I treat them as a bonus for doing well on a fight. If we kill a boss and I get a good rank on it then awesome, but if not then I don't really care - I'd rather earn them by doing the right thing than cheese them for epeen purposes. Regardless, I still use AG on Paragons 10H because Fiery Edge does start to hurt a bit when Iyyokuk is the third last to die. If I can make the healers' job easier by doing that, then why not?