Deleted

Monk tank? Keg smash?

So im a new BM monk, and i've only tanked normaly yet so far.. BUT heres the problem.. I feel like im doing something wrong, healers is quite annoyed by the dmg i take, and i can't seem to find the reason why im taking this much dmg.
    I really wanna improve but im like this close to give up... I LOVE monk tanking..
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../inmy/advanced ( EXPERTISE WILL BE FIXED SOON)
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x6wYR4pvMHyTZC3c

Deleted
    Not a super good monk but I had similar problem with damage, make sure to always have stagger up and use elusive brew on cd pretty much. Use expel harm and guard after taking damage with a lot of vengeance. You will probably get better responese than this from someone that really know the BrM

Use Elusive Brew more (it's not a cooldown, you should be using it virtually every time you are tanking a boss and you have stacks available) and keep your Shuffle up, it routinely falls off in your logs. Those two things will go an extremely long way to taking less damage.

First and foremost, Shuffle can not fall off. Ever. If you have to decide between purifying red Stagger or keeping shuffle up, you keep shuffle up. It's not optional.

The stacking debuff on Malkorok makes you take increased damage. You can't be soaking puddles if you have 12-15 stacks of the debuff. You died to a 1-shot from soaking a puddle on the kill attempt.

Are you solo soaking the Blood Rage? It looks like you used Zen Med and then when it faded, you had no other defensive CDs to chain. You need at least Fort Brew and a bunch of banked Chi to purify every hit, but stacking Dampen Harm on top of that is recommended.

Besides the expertise issue, your gear looks fine. Lots of monks actually run more crit and less mastery. But if you're feeling squishy, running more mastery isn't gonna hurt anything. If anything, running 1000 more haste might help you feel like you have more chi to play with, keeping Shuffle up and having tons left over for Purifying. Haste can be thought of as a "comfort" stat as a Brewmaster. You "need" very little, but it's much nicer to play when you have more.

Another tip: if you're going to be solo soaking the Blood Rage, don't pop Xuen on the pull: pop it for the Blood Rage. Xuen's damage scales off of attack power, and your vengeance is gonna be capped there.
    Last edited by Enpoli; 2014-04-08 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Hey ! get a look at: http://sunniersartofwar.com/

That's how I learn myself, there is a ton of stuff and you should probably find a lot of useful information to solve your problem. If I can give you a personal piece of advice, there is 2 major things to do as a BrM monk: be as reactive as possible (guard, expel harm, elusive brew...) to deal with high incoming damage, and try to keep shuffle up at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Enpoli View Post
    Another tip: if you're going to be solo soaking the Blood Rage, don't pop Xuen on the pull: pop it for the Blood Rage. Xuen's damage scales off of attack power, and your vengeance is gonna be capped there.
    I'm pretty sure if you cast it on the pull (or prepull), you'll have it back right at the end of the bloodrage, which is the perfect time to use it again because it's the higher peak of vengeance of the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-04-08 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you guys! :-)

Re: Xuen You'll get it back about 10 seconds after the blood rage.. which is when he's going to start hitting you again and your vengeance is gonna plummet. Trust me, 1 Xuen during Bloodrage is worth 2 with mediocre vengeance.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Re: Xuen You'll get it back about 10 seconds after the blood rage.. which is when he's going to start hitting you again and your vengeance is gonna plummet. Trust me, 1 Xuen during Bloodrage is worth 2 with mediocre vengeance.
    He updates his damage dynamically so if you wait till blood rage you're only gaining a few seconds of more vengeance. You'll get more DPS out of him using him at the start, assuming you're tanking, then again as soon as he's off CD when you're tanking again after Blood Rage. An extra 45s of Xuen at the start then again right after Blood Rage is 1.5min of Xuen and at worst 75% the vengeance you'd have during the 20s of Blood Rage and the 25s of 75% vengeance after Blood Rage.

If you use Xuen to pull Malk you'll get a big boost of vengeance then taunt right away so that Xuen doesn't die. This gives you time to Chi Brew > BoK to get shuffle going without any threat of dying at the start as well.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Read this, by the way:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cs-of-survival

Lots of good stuff, even for people who've tanked a while.

This is false. Unless you are killing Malk so fast that you can't get full up time on the 2nd cast casting him twice during phase 1 is going to mop the floor with once during the blood rage.

Been Brew Master since release, I was the third lvl cap monk on my server (blackrock) The most important thing I have to say is get Weakauras2 and find a good shuffle code so you see how much you actually keep shuffle up. I personally have helped other brewmasters in our guild who thought they where keeping it up constantly. Another important thing you can do is get rid of Breath of Fire off your bar til you can learn to keep shuffle up 100% BoF is honestly only there for more dmg and its threat isnt all that high compared to your other aoe threat abilities.