Thread: Transmog in WoD

Transmog in WoD

What are some things you want to see from transmog in WoD? I had a few ideas below - feel free to critique them or offer your own thoughts/speculation

There are a lot of models that either never got put in the game (those ulduar swords mantid before garalon are using) or models that have been removed (misplaced servo arm). I would love to see these items returned/added somehow and I think the timewalkers offer a great solution for acquiring these old models that might not fit with the current theme. This could be through a variety of currencies that are daily/weekly acquired; perhaps you put in your timewalker tabard and you then have a chance to find time shards or something from mobs your level.

As with most transmog enthusiasts I am pretty much out of space - a diablo 3 style transmog system where you learn an items model for transmog after acquiring it solves this problem and opens up the door to my next idea. Transmog achievements.

I know, I know, maybe you hate transmog - well thats fine because just like pet battle achievements theyre totally optional! Achievements could be along the lines of learn 100 pieces of transmog gear to unlock new item models (akin to challenge mode quality only a singular piece), learn 50 weapons for a weaponmaster title, complete three whole tier sets for a recolored version. The achievements can even be helpful to alts such as: killing garrosh grants the use of a gorehowl transmog to any alt that can use it.

So what are yours guys' thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Prefer to see something else? Go away Narbootz this is warcraft not some dress up game?

Deleted
    I think this is a good idea, as people aren't forced to have anything to do with it. Anything to do with mogging is good for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I love the idea. I'm not looking forward to trying to pack even more stuff into my bank/void storage when I resub to WoW.
    I like the idea of having achievements for it as well.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The transmog feature you're alluding to was in the french leak, but I guess they're going to focus on it later in the xpac since it's not high priority (but man do I need the space)

Deleted
    I like the ideas even if a bit high of a tech piece to use effectively. I'd personally love the ability to dye my armour different colours too like in other games. I would love to see an expansion on the void storage too due to the fact that was added mostly to help with transmogs that we got with it's release. That and bringing back some of the old gear pieces that were lost prior to the arrival of transmogrification such as Chan's imperial robes or the Scarlet set. Maybe through the black market or just through archaeology maybe you dig up a box of old gear or something like that as long as it's rare and BOP.