Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

3 WoD articles last week and not one interviewer had the stones to ask about flying

I do not care if you are for or against flying. Right now it is one of the most discussed topics of WOW. Three pretty big articles were granted about WoD and not one person asked about flying or even hinted about it.

i am particularly stunned by Wow Insider. Someone should tell them to grow a pair and ask the questions their community wants to hear.

Say what you will, at least MMO-Champion broaches topics or uploads questionable screen shots that are not supposed to be visible yet.

these other sites, pitiful I tell you, just plain pitiful.

What's there to ask really?

You're making the mistake of thinking that everyone cares about what you care about.

Frankly, I could not possibly care less about whether we can fly in WoD, when it'll be available, etc. I don't think it takes "stones" to ask that question. I wouldn't have waste d their time with that question either. There's much bigger things to talk about. Get over it please.

Edit: Also, just because the community cares about it, that doesn't mean it's a good question to ask. And you don't have the info to say "the majority" of the community thinks anything. Based on what I've seen, there's a vocal minority who inexplicably cares deeply about this (despite giving no rational reasons why). I don't think interviewers should bend to those vocal minority, or even if it WERE a majority. That's not the point of an interview.

It isn't one of the most discussed topics. Most people don't care. You are the only one who keeps making these topics on MMO and pushing the issue. Just as many, if not more, people are happy for flying to not be happening until 6.1 or later. A sizeable proportion of the playerbase (and Blizzard devs too, I suspect) would be happy if flying went away altogether. Your opinion is just that - an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Exactly this^. It's been discussed to the point there's really nothing left to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    You're making the mistake of thinking that everyone cares about what you care about.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the WoW community described perfectly.

What's the point in asking something you already know the final answer to? They've said we're not getting flying a thousand times already, it's there to stay.

I was under the impression that they have already stated that 6.0 will have no flying, and that they would probably allow flying once a new "daily" area is added in a content patch. What the heck is there to ask about that?

ummm.... what does wait and see mean? How do you plan on getting feedback? How does the addition or the removal of flying impact develop decisions that are already being processed? Will WoD include any additional forms of travel that are currently not in the game, such as portals? Will more classes other than the mage be given the ability to travel instantly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I do not care if you are for or against flying. Right now it is one of the most discussed topics of WOW. Three pretty big articles were granted about WoD and not one person asked about flying or even hinted about it.
    Did you ever thought if no one asked is because it's not one of the most discussed topics right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said that there would be not flying at least for the first patch, and depending what happens they will remove it for even more time....

There's nothing to say, we will have to wait until WoD comes out and the next patch get announced to ask what they decided

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, the WoW community described perfectly.
    I judge what is cared about by posts that go hundreds of pages on non blizzard sites when the same topic is instantly deleted on blizzards sites.

I don't care about flying too; rather i want to ride again. But that doesn't mean that i don't want to fly later in the game. Yes, i was also not fond completely of no-flying and even returned my pre-order because of it; but this was not about flying itself. I wasn't fond of it; until Blizzard said that in WoD you can use ALL mounts as ground mounts (sadly before i returned my pre-order). With this i don't care about the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen,Humanity described perfectly.
    Fixed

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They already said that there would be not flying at least for the first patch, and depending what happens they will remove it for even more time....

There's nothing to say, we will have to wait until WoD comes out and the next patch get announced to ask what they decided
    I will not return if flying is permanently removed. I would like to know whether to buy the game prior to patch 6.1.

They'll get feedback about this issue the same way they get feedback about every issue every beta.

They're building the world with non-flight in mind, just like Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder. Just imagine the whole continent being like those zones. No-one is flying and the world is built around that fact. It works.

Why do you need to travel instantly just because you can't fly?

It's been discussed at nauseum. Blizz is obviously standing their ground. Continue to go in circles if you wish.

I judge what is cared about by posts that go hundreds of pages on non blizzard sites when the same topic is instantly deleted on blizzards sites.
    Yes it gets deleted because there were already existing threads. Only because everybody think he needs to reopen a new thread about it doesn't make it better. When there is already a existing thread, use it.

10+ Year Old Account

i am particularly stunned by Wow Insider. Someone should tell them to grow a pair and ask the questions their community wants to hear.

Say what you will, at least MMO-Champion broaches topics or uploads questionable screen shots that are not supposed to be visible yet.

these other sites, pitiful I tell you, just plain pitiful.
    The topic has been discussed to death, and we already know Blizz's response to it, do you really need to hear "No flying in 6.0, but player feedback will be taken into account for future patches" said over an interview, when this has been their stance on it for quite some time now. No real need to waste limited time during an interview for a question that we already know the answer to imo.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

ummm.... what does wait and see mean? How do you plan on getting feedback? How does the addition or the removal of flying impact develop decisions that are already being processed? Will WoD include any additional forms of travel that are currently not in the game, such as portals? Will more classes other than the mage be given the ability to travel instantly?
    1. It means that you have to wait.
    2. Beta, and whenever they are ready to reveal more on the matter, and honestly, they have revealed enough to give a clear picture of their intentions.
    3. Shouldn't that be obvious? Think of Timeless Isle, and any other non-flying zone. They made those work, they can make this work. Hell, you had to get to L90 in MoP before you could fly there, and they made that work as well.
    4. Portals have been in the game since the beginning of time. Other than that, flight paths will probably answer your question.
    5. Why would they?