32. This poll is closed
  • Good implemention

27 84.38%
  • Terrible idea

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Hunters ilvl needed for Ahoo'ru ?

Hello. So i've been doing Brawlers Guild, got stuck on Hexos for months but finally beat him then made it up to Ahoo'ru but i'm stuck again. I realize that i cannot beat him with my current gear; in a good run i can take out the 3 adds and have them charge the boss without getting hit, but when it comes to the final nuke in p2 i've got no shot. Getting in the interrupts isnt the biggest problem, it is the lack of time. I can get him down to 40% if i'm lucky, but then i'm slayed due to times up.

My current ilvl is 535, with weapons item lvl being 536 (Kor'kron Hand Cannon 2/2 upgraded with +160 agility gem and scope of doom) otherwise all gear is fully gemmed and enchanted. I'm currently BM with spectral pet and my talent setup is 3,3,3,2,2,3.

My question is, what is the average ilvl i need to have in order to defeat him? I've heard that about 550 is recommended but i doubt i can get that much (i don't raid, barely got time /possibility to get into flex) and what strategy do you hunters, that have beat this guy, recommend?

Different spec/rotation?

Help would be very much appreciated, also if you've beaten Ahooru (final boss of Brawlers Guild) please post your ilvl and spec at the time itt. No bs pls.

He came out in 5.3 so technically HM ToT gear at the most.

I didn't do it on a Hunter but he was a bitch on my Rogue IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

HM TOT EQ would be 540 gear iirc?

heroic ToT was 535. 543 upgraded, 541/549 thunderforged.

i'm guessing not many people have come this far; 90+ people browsing these forums and 1 reply. Well gg.

I completed brawlers guild back in July (character in sig) and I didn't even have full normal ToT set...was around 515 ilvl, took a few tries but it wasn't really hard.

That was as survival btw, bm spec I have is only to cap rare pets :P

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS should not be an issure with your current gear. I think you either spend way too long in the first phase, or you just don't have a good grip on how to dps well. I'll assume that you know how to dps, so how do you do the first phase? You should not single target each guardian and then switch to the next. Go to them as soon as they spawn. If guardian #1 is still alive when #2 can spawn, go get #2 anyway.

I did this during last tier with a mix of normal and heroic ToT gear, and I got it the first try in p2. Did it as BM with a core hound for blood lust. You should also use those brawlers pots, and get a buff group going if you still have problems. Also flask and food.

Tbh, this fight (well, all brawler fights) are about good execution and not high gear level. That's not to say that high gear level don't make it easy. Get full normal SoO 2/2 gear, and you can burst down P2 in 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    DPS should not be an issure with your current gear. I think you either spend way too long in the first phase, or you just don't have a good grip on how to dps well. I'll assume that you know how to dps, so how do you do the first phase? You should not single target each guardian and then switch to the next. Go to them as soon as they spawn. If guardian #1 is still alive when #2 can spawn, go get #2 anyway.

I did this during last tier with a mix of normal and heroic ToT gear, and I got it the first try in p2. Did it as BM with a core hound for blood lust. You should also use those brawlers pots, and get a buff group going if you still have problems. Also flask and food.

Tbh, this fight (well, all brawler fights) are about good execution and not high gear level. That's not to say that high gear level don't make it easy. Get full normal SoO 2/2 gear, and you can burst down P2 in 15 seconds.
    i normally try to pick up 2nd and 3rd one whilest 1st angel is still alive, dodging orbs can be tricky but getting angels to hit the boss, and not me, is worse. However, when i say i can get down to 40% in p2 thats on a really good try. Average try is really more like 70% in p2.

I did it back at ~537 - 540 ilvl without cloak. Try saving your major cooldowns for p2, and you'll get used to getting through p1 more quickly. A lot of p1 is based on getting lucky angel spawns. Just try to do it as quick as possible without hitting any extra orbs, and then blow your load on the boss.

Also back then I was BM, and was able to stack other pet buffs with core hound lust, which you can't do anymore. Maybe try to get some flex gear to make up for the difference

also lol at the poll. if you don't like it then dont do it. doesnt make it a terrible idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post

also lol at the poll. if you don't like it then dont do it. doesnt make it a terrible idea
    Sure it does. And nobody replying to the thread obviously means nobody else has made it as far.
    Look! Words!

I haven't done any pet battles, does that make pet battles a terrible idea?

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Maybe try to get some flex gear to make up for the difference

Thats what i'm doing atm, though with limited time to play it will take a while.

As for the poll, before you start crying, i voted 'good implementation' as i think its a great idea. I don't see why you would think i'm complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just go Surv spec, with a crit pet. It makes life much easier.

Also, are you flasking and gaining buffs from other players to obtain better stats?

Oh, and snag a Drums of War from the AH. 25% lust

It's do-able in the 510-520 range for sure. The fight is just as much about improving your execution in P1 as it is maximizing your DPS in P2.

It's possible to finish P1 in as little as 45 seconds w/o using cooldowns, if you're playing well and have a bit of luck on your side. Lucky angel spawns can greatly swing the P1 timer. More generally, you should aim to have him out of his shield in under a minute. Any longer than that and it gets really hard to meet the DPS requirement. Make sure you have ALL your cooldowns back up by the time you have 60s remaining, and you should pretty much crush him at that ilvl.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Quote Originally Posted by Jestah View Post
    I would just go Surv spec, with a crit pet. It makes life much easier.

Also, are you flasking and gaining buffs from other players to obtain better stats?

Oh, and snag a Drums of War from the AH. 25% lust
    Yeah i've been fully buffed + flask

Don't attack ahoo'ru at the start of the fight. Try to rush P1 to 30 secs (completelly doable) and you win the fight.
    Drums of kings and rage, buffs, flask, pot, it all helps.

I facerolled through brawlers guild on my hunter (hexos took 3-4 attempts) until I got to this boss. I had done brawlers guild the first week it was out while on my warlock (when everyone doing well there was in 496-ish gear), and when the end bosses were different ones (millhouse manastorm is the only one I remember, and then some really easy one with purple orb arcane things) ..... so I think it was starting with hexos that I hadn't done them before and had to figure them out.

All of them were pretty easy to figure out (fortunately I'd heard about hexos and had the opportunity to watch someone try it before me), except Ahoo'ru. I tried it a few times and then had to watch a video, would have NEVER figured out that you are supposed to go and actually touch the brighter sparkly things instead of avoid them, on my own.

After that it still took me 3-4 attempts ... and I facerolled through proving grounds, 9/9 gold cm's on first tries, have realm best titles for a lot of them now. Ahoo'ru is for sure a challenging boss! but you get a pretty nice mount after killing him so you have that to look forward to!

I would suggest to try and increase your ilvl a little, maybe get crafted 553 pants and belt if you don't have them already, or hopefully you'll get some ordos gear. Also definitely flask and food for it, have pots, and drums for hero when you have the burn phase at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I did it as Surv at approx 536 ilvl. Use Attack Speed pet, post pot with stampede, and MD to your pet on boss pull, then feign so you don't have to deal with Orbs in p2.
    That said, be sure to use Spirit Bond, and you will likely get more use out of AMoC than Lynx Rush.
    Drums didnt exist when I did it, but I did use the "Hyjal Buffs".
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Just run arround fast and gather the 3 angels at the same time, gives you so much more time to dps.
    When i first tried it i took 1 at a time and i ran out of time too.

Otherwise fight should be easy
    Good luck mate.

Deleted
    To make the first phase easy - position your pet next to Ahoo'ru and keep misdirecting