High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Stay Assassination or go Subtlety?

Hello there, I am having a few spec issues with my alt rogue and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I didn't see a simple Q/A thread, so I'm making a new post.

Firstly here's my rogue's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illah/advanced

Now, my main spec on my rogue has been Assassination since I came back about 3-4 months ago. I have dabbled in combat, but didn't like it. I hadn't really tried Sub cause I heard you need high end weapons to make it work compared to Assassination. I just had a WF dagger drop off 3rd boss, so I have a few questions.

1. Would it be worth switching to sub in my current gear?

2. How hard is sub to learn compared to say how it was back in dragon soul (Used to raid as sub back then).

3. If I do swap to sub, can I run it with a mastery heavy build that I have for my Assa spec currently? Or should I swap to haste build for sub and use Assa with that gear. (Please don't tell me to go combat, hate that spec)

4. Any general tips and tricks for sub that isn't expressly mentioned in guides and stuff,

Thank you for taking your time to read this and the help.
    Cheers.

Deleted
    By the sounds of it, you don't feel perfectly comfortable playing sub, so I would advise against it inside a raid environment if you want to see your results improve in the short-term. If you can't stand combat stick with Assa for now and practice sub on the side until you're really happy with it, then think about raiding with it tbh. Having to worry about your rotation is one thing, but positional's will additionally hurt your dps if you're not experienced enough just yet. Can't really give much other advice, except practice practice practice.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the positional requirement is the only thing I hate about Sub, if not for that I don't mind the rotation,

I have bounced between all 3 specs recently. Personally if you are not comfortable with Subtlety rotation then i would play Assassination. As others have said the positional requirements for sub are the only drawback. Otherwise it is solid and IMO a lot of fun. Play what you perform better with. Sub preferes Haste > Mastery. I would not advise going for a masetery heavy build. For now i would practice the sub rotation. When you are comfortable with it then chnage to a Haste > mastery > Crit build and give it a whirl. Sub has very poor aoe compared to the other 2 specs. Something to keep in mind.

If you could play Sub in DS you can do it now. It's only gotten easier and is much better single target damage compared to Mut.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone for the help.
    I have swapped to sub as main spec and am loving it after setting up the appropriate weakauras.

Cheers folks,

Deleted
    Are you playing sub on all fights?

Deleted
    I swapped from assasination to sub, never looked back