Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I guess many people never raided as tanks here. The ability to pick up adds for your tank is amazing. MD as it is now can barely help out with this but many raid fights have adds spawning all over the place forcing the tank to run around picking them up and breaking his concentration between retaining aggro on the kited mobs, picking the new ones and using active mitigation while making it harder to position such adds so they can be neatly AoE'd. Can you imagine how Nefarian would be with this ability? Moreover it will allow completely new strategies revolving around kiting such trash with much greater ease since the kiter will no longer have to maintain aggro and can thus focus on snares and positioning. 1hr MD is OP as fuck and mythic raiding will have to be designed around it; heck any heroic encounter with adds spawning all over (and this is not at all a rare occurance) will love having a hunter.

I raided as a bear in ICC. Granted, swipe spam was OP, but I never felt the need for threat redirects except in cases where all the ranged hard-switched to something before it even reached me, and they only did that when they were making a mistake and not following the priority of what I was tanking (Dreamwalker comes to mind). And WotLK, while certainly not TBC, had much more threat issues than today.

Like I said earlier, MD on a 30s CD is more than enough to MD almost ANYTHING in SoO. I MD every wave of Galakras, I MD the bats on H-Thok, I can MD most of the wave in Garrosh p1 if my tanks needed it (they don't), I could MD all the bats on H-Tortos.

All this does is free them up to do an encounter design with *constantly spawning* adds, sort of like Spoils but out of the player's control. I certainly can't MD everything on Spoils right now but it's irrelevant because the tank has to be next to box anyways to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess many people never raided as tanks here. The ability to pick up adds for your tank is amazing. MD as it is now can barely help out with this but many raid fights have adds spawning all over the place forcing the tank to run around picking them up and breaking his concentration between retaining aggro on the kited mobs, picking the new ones and using active mitigation while making it harder to position such adds so they can be neatly AoE'd. Can you imagine how Nefarian would be with this ability? Moreover it will allow completely new strategies revolving around kiting such trash with much greater ease since the kiter will no longer have to maintain aggro and can thus focus on snares and positioning. 1hr MD is OP as fuck and mythic raiding will have to be designed around it; heck any heroic encounter with adds spawning all over (and this is not at all a rare occurance) will love having a hunter.
    Misdirection only helps if the target of MD is going the wrong way in the first place(like Bat spawns on Tortos 25HC, where you had a kiter tank). The threat MD provides is utterly helpless since it doesn't get any multipliers and if you are BM, you're even more helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    I think most Hunters would perfer to be on par with the other pure's dps levels or have some better utility to bring to a group - it's more about justifying a spot in the group and being sure you have enough to offer compared to some another class...
    We've 4 main hunters in our roster (14hc since Dec) and would always bring all of them for Garrosh, Blackfuse, Thok, Jugg... just to name a few fights where hunters shine/are OP/triviliaze mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Yeah too bad if the boss have aoe mechanics, fd is useless as f*ck.
    And you have to be lucky enough to have tanks that are comfortable with the size of their dicks. Otherwise they will blow every single cooldown they have in order to stay alive just long enough for the unavoidable damage to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    gluth zombies
    Touché. Completely forgot about that fight. Also forgot about the Razuvious pingpong kiting with 3 hunters. Boy that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Well I kitted HC magmaw larvs and HC council flower spawns back in cata, at it was the worst experience of my life.
    Luckely DK's were amazing at kiting them, so we just had him do it.

Yeah, we had our DK kite flowers on H-Conclave. HB was much more consistent than ice trap. I was forced to trap for Magmaw spawns, but we just cleaved them down off the adds which spawned in heroic, iirc. Been a long time.

The Patient
    Finally an idea I could live with:
    OK, so Celestalon is pained so hard in the nether regions he has to take away the only baseline offensive CD as a way to vent his personal grievance about archers having quite naturally more mobility than spellcasters.
    If Deterrence drops debuffs and doesn't stop autofire and casting, it's OK for me*.
    A soothing ointment for his hurting orifice would be much better really, but hell, change is change, right?

*) wake up from that wet no-flying dream and I might even consider buying the xpac