1. #1

    Rune of power bug

    Hey im playing a frost mage, but not doing that great damage s thought i'd go arcane because dmg, but it seems that my rune of power doesnt work properly. I will stand in my rune of power before the boss starts and pop all my cd's, but as soon as the boss is pulled my RoP buff disappeares, so i have to move out of the ring and recast it somewhere else.
    Anyone else has this problem?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojitoz View Post
    Hey im playing a frost mage, but not doing that great damage s thought i'd go arcane because dmg, but it seems that my rune of power doesnt work properly. I will stand in my rune of power before the boss starts and pop all my cd's, but as soon as the boss is pulled my RoP buff disappeares, so i have to move out of the ring and recast it somewhere else.
    Anyone else has this problem?
    If you have a RoP placed while changing talents or glyphs you wont get the effect and you have to cast a new one.

    14/14HC 10M | 13/14HC 25M

  3. #3
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    Can you say exactly on what boss that happened and why did you pop all cds before pull? Rune of Power sometimes doesn't get cast if part of it isn't placeable due to obstacles, but I've never ever seen it disappear for any reason.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Can you say exactly on what boss that happened and why did you pop all cds before pull? Rune of Power sometimes doesn't get cast if part of it isn't placeable due to obstacles, but I've never ever seen it disappear for any reason.
    Every boss, even on dummies, and by before th pull i mean like on 2 on the pull timer

  5. #5
    This has happened to me multiple times. From my experience, it occurs when you have a RoP down, stand in it, change a talent/glyph, then enter combat w/out moving out of the initial buff "zone". I used to panic and just spam RoP in the same spot and never get the buff. The only post-pull fix is to get out of the initial RoP buff zone, then place new RoP.

  6. #6
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    Again, I have never ever encountered this bug. Losing the rune because you change a talent or glyph is not a bug, it's normal. But a rune not being cast at all is a first to me (except, as I said, when the terrain disallows it, but that's very rare).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and, can you please exactly tell me what you do when pulling a boss, 5 seconds before and after the pull.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojitoz View Post
    Every boss, even on dummies, and by before th pull i mean like on 2 on the pull timer
    After 100+ pulls on H Siegecrafter in the last 3 weeks I have never seen this happen. Not once.

    What are you doing besides pre-potting, setting RoP and using Mirror Image in the last 5 seconds before the pull?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojitoz View Post
    Hey im playing a frost mage, but not doing that great damage s thought i'd go arcane because dmg
    This is a common misconception that Arcane will magically do more damage than your Frost spec just because it's Arcane. For experienced players it might but for those who just switched and aren't familiar with it they will have to work at it.
    Last edited by Mastamage; 2014-04-09 at 06:55 PM.

  8. #8
    Had it too on shamans. We pulled and I played my opener when I noticed I was OOM and checking my regeneration rate it was apparent, that I was not getting the buff, so I recasted it under me several times without any change. Only when I casted it elsewhere and moved in it worked.

    I changed my bomb during the pull sequence when RoP was already out - glad I now know, that there is a bug attached to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •