Deleted

Self learned glyphs

So we know that all classes will automaticly learn some Glyphs in Warlords of Draenor. I both think that it's good and bad. It's like when the spells turned auto tought. We lost the feeling of having to go to the trainer every other level to train our new skills or higher rank of skills for that matter. I basically think that it will take away some of the Inscriptors work and make that proffesion less usable. Will inscriptors be more rare?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healzor View Post
    So we know that all classes will automaticly learn some Glyphs in Warlords of Draenor. I both think that it's good and bad. It's like when the spells turned auto tought. We lost the feeling of having to go to the trainer every other level to train our new skills or higher rank of skills for that matter. I basically think that it will take away some of the Inscriptors work and make that proffesion less usable. Will inscriptors be more rare?
    The amount of glyphs we can already make is staggering. Just as long as the glyphs they learn aren't the most optimal for the base dps spec, we will always be profitable. They just make it so new characters will at least have something, which I am fine with. Ever made a new character on a new server just to find out glyphs are going for 200+ gold each? It makes it really hard to get into your character if you can't even get base glyphs for your main spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly use my inscriptions as it is. There's like two profitable things they can create and the mats often sell just as well as the actual item.

Honestly, I've been over and over this debate in D&D. There's really no good solution. "stop and go back to town to learn auto attack II" feels like a waste of time.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

They're adding enough new glyphs to more than make up for the ones lost so i don't see it affecting the profession at all. And it's also only five glyphs per spec/class so it won't have as large of an impact as the auto training of spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    The amount of glyphs we can already make is staggering. Just as long as the glyphs they learn aren't the most optimal for the base dps spec, we will always be profitable. They just make it so new characters will at least have something, which I am fine with. Ever made a new character on a new server just to find out glyphs are going for 200+ gold each? It makes it really hard to get into your character if you can't even get base glyphs for your main spec.
    I know that there is a huge amount of Glyphs, but as the patch notes stated it will be a few important Glyphs, and we all know that there are a ton of completely useless Glyphs. I am just a bit concerned about the proffesion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that there is a huge amount of Glyphs, but as the patch notes stated it will be a few important Glyphs, and we all know that there are a ton of completely useless Glyphs. I am just a bit concerned about the proffesion.
    Well, think about this. New expansion will also add new glyphs. Currently we get a new glyph slot for each 25 levels, maybe a 4th major and minor glyph slot at 100? Seriously, not worried at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike the idea of automatically learning glyphs. There is literally no immersion in this game anymore. A glyph...is a glyph...it's like a magical piece of paper that you NEED to modify a spell...how do you automatically learn that? You just pull it out of your ass?

Learning new combat spells on the fly at least makes some sense because the more you fight, and gain exp, the better you become at fighting and you just kind of figure stuff out, but glyphs? No.

I think, at some point, your class trainer should send them to you in the mail. Like "hey kid! Try some glyphs! You might like it!" That would at least make some sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I really dislike the idea of automatically learning glyphs. There is literally no immersion in this game anymore. A glyph...is a glyph...it's like a magical piece of paper that you NEED to modify a spell...how do you automatically learn that? You just pull it out of your ass?

Learning new combat spells on the fly at least makes some sense because the more you fight, and gain exp, the better you become at fighting and you just kind of figure stuff out, but glyphs? No.

I think, at some point, your class trainer should send them to you in the mail. Like "hey kid! Try some glyphs! You might like it!" That would at least make some sense.
    I somewhat agree with that idea, I don't really like the fact that we just learn them. It also somehow removes the idea of Inscription if all the important Glyphs are just automatically tought. Atleast they could make it so that the Glyphs were uncraftable so it wouldn't interfere too much with Inscription.