10+ Year Old Account

Security Detail Officer for Chris Christie Robs Store, Gets Off Scot Free, BS

I think this is a travesty of justice and something needs to be done about it. A NJ State trooper assigned to the Governors detail (basically a state version of the Secret Service) Steals merchandise from Cabellas (A store in Pa) and gets off the hook with only paying a small fine, restitution, and must take an ARD course. After that it will be expunged from his record and he will also suffer no repercussions as a trooper. This scumbag doesnt deserve to wear a badge and continue to work as a police officer now that he is a criminal. Also I think ARD should be eliminated as a program because people need to be held accountable for their actions, not given a one time free pass, but that is for another thread.

As per the article:

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    A New Jersey state trooper shoplifted gun accessories and attempted to get out of his arrest by telling a Pennsylvania police officer that he would lose his job as a member of Gov. Chris Christie's security detail if charges were filed, a police chief told The Associated Press today.

Trooper William Carvounis, 35, of North Brunswick, was at a Cabela's sporting goods store on Jan. 8 when he put several items in his cargo pants pockets — including some handgun grips, a pistol magazine and a hat — and put a $29.99 binocular strap in a box for a product worth $19.99, according to a criminal complaint filed by Tilden Officer Dennis Schwoyer.

While Carvounis paid for some items at checkout, he allegedly did not pay for the concealed items, which were worth $267.38.

Tilden Township Chief William McEllroy confirmed the arrest first reported by NewJersey.Watchdog.org, a news website run an investigative reporter.

The trooper, who makes, $95,198 a year — plus another $16,000 for meals, uniform cleaning and other allowances, was seen stealing on surveillance cameras in the Hamburg, Pa. store, the report said.
    Id love to know why this hasnt become national news, especially since the media is slanted left and Christie who many think will be a presidential contender (I hope not) is letting this guy continue to protect him

Full article here. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...port_says.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone with an exemplary role should be punished harder than someone without one. An officer of the law breaking the law is just not done in my book. Same thing with a schoolbus driver who gets caught driving drunk, or a teacher abusing a minor. Those people need to be made an example of. In this particular case, his integrity is severely compromised, so a suspention without pay on top of the fine would be in order. Perhaps a reassignment to a lesser position as well. Not sure about firing, although i could understand if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    I think everyone with an exemplary role should be punished harder than someone without one. An officer of the law breaking the law is just not done in my book. Same thing with a schoolbus driver who gets caught driving drunk, or a teacher abusing a minor. Those people need to be made an example of. In this particular case, his integrity is severely compromised, so a suspention without pay on top of the fine would be in order. Perhaps a reassignment to a lesser position as well. Not sure about firing, although i could understand if they did.
    I agree, they should be held to a higher standard than a regular citizen

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently its not important enough for the MMO-C crowd either

Yep. He'd be in all kinds of shit right now if not for who he is. Complete bullshit, but this kind of thing happens a lot.