Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Pennsylvania High School Stabbing

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/justic...ng/index.html?

Seems like this world is just getting out of control. Four have been flown to hospitals, hopefully everyone is okay. Had it been a gun they'd likely be dead.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    You turned it into a gun control thread right off the bat, hopefully the students recover though.

A terrible incident, but at least nobody has died yet.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    That's awful : ( It's wicked crazy how many things like this you hear about, whether it's with a knife or with a gun. I wonder what it is that drives people to do things like this. Like, I can understand if really bad things happen in your life or whatever, and you are brought to wanting to kill yourself... as awful as suicide is, it's understandable. But like, school stabbings or shootings are... I just can't fathom it. Just can't understand the mindset you would have to be in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

Seems like this world is just getting out of control. Four have been flown to hospitals, hopefully everyone is okay. Had it been a gun they'd likely be dead.
    Really dude? Couldn't resist not making this about gun control eh? Horrible crimes like this will happen regardless. When there's a will, there's a way.

OT: Either this kid is just bat shit crazy, or he went on a rampage because he gets picked on in one way or another. This is why you don't fuck with people.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    This will properly get me banned but America is a fucked up society. Theres something wrong if school slaugthers nearly is a weekly event.

Yea another case of mental illness or bullying being the root of it I would bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Yea another case of mental illness or bullying being the root of it I would bet.
    Probably, yes. That's usually the case with these sorts of things.

Deleted
    I just don't get how bullying can lead to this. I can understand it getting you down to the point where you want to kill yourself, but... making you want to kill other people? It's like, you're doing a worse version of what's been done to you, you know? Revenge is one thing but...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I just don't get how bullying can lead to this. I can understand it getting you down to the point where you want to kill yourself, but... making you want to kill other people? It's like, you're doing a worse version of what's been done to you, you know? Revenge is one thing but...
    Well its not killing other people in general it is killing your tormentors. Speaking broadly though, doubt these 20 students were all major bullies. Maybe some were and maybe some tried to stop it and got in the way. Who knows.
    Hope they recover quickly.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Often bullying has been related to school violence incidents columbine being one notable one. While bullying is not the entire reasonings it seems to be present at some level in these incidents at least as a contributing factor.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...nd-eric-harris
    Last edited by Zigzagzoom; 2014-04-09 at 01:37 PM.

Sure, I mean, what else could it be? No one in their right mind goes on a killing spree. It's scary how it's hard to see the signs before it's too late.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Often bullying has been related to school violence incidents columbine being one notable one.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...nd-eric-harris
    I thought that was because they played too much DOOM

Yeah, this is terrible they have stooped to a new low by using knives, if it would have been a gun at least the shots fired would give a warning to others. Only thing I can see to do is ban all knives, even the little plastic ones, and maybe sporks those can be deadly too.

I thought that was because they played too much DOOM

I believe the conclusion was ed Harris had mental illness but had some bullying probably stemming from his antisocial behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    Yeah, this is terrible they have stooped to a new low by using knives, if it would have been a gun at least the shots fired would give a warning to others. Only thing I can see to do is ban all knives, even the little plastic ones, and maybe sporks those can be deadly too.
    Ban pointy things.

Ban pointy things.
    No one has died yet, whereas there more than likely would already have been a fatality if firearms had been involved. If anything, this is a clear example of just how much firearms escalate situations, as opposed to other choices of weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hope the victims survive
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    No one has died yet, whereas there more than likely would already have been a fatality if firearms had been involved. If anything, this is a clear example of just how much firearms escalate situations, as opposed to other choices of weapon.
    Hmmm, I agree. We should all give up our guns in trade for katanas. So we can have sweet sword battles instead of gun battles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Hmmm, I agree. We should all give up our guns in trade for katanas. So we can have sweet sword battles instead of gun battles.
    I heard a story once about a guy who went on a killing spree in Japan with a katana, and the police being the sick nerd ballers that they are, ran to a nearby antique sword shop, raided it for swords of their own, and fought him with them. Apparently someone lost a thumb.

Nice try gun grabber.

This just proves that knives should be banned.
    Why do you need a knife? You can cut with a spoon, you just have to put some effort into it.

Knives are horrible, ban knives.