10+ Year Old Account

Close own threads

Hi there, i was thinking it would be usefull to have the option to close a thread that you created for example: I created a thread of a topic that was already started but i didn't know that, so now i want to close it to make sure the discuccion don't get divided into 2 different threads... (I know i could ask a moderator to close the thread for me but it would be faster and easier for the user and that way the user wouldn't have to wait until a moderator is free to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should be able to do this. And rename your own threads too.

This suggestion would have a chilling effect on thoughtful discussion, as someone who started a thread could just close it as soon as someone else disagrees with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    This suggestion would have a chilling effect on thoughtful discussion, as someone who started a thread could just close it as soon as someone else disagrees with him.
    In that case that's their problem, is pretty common here to see a post of a person asking a question and having the question answered in the first page (and the OP already says thanks) but the thread continous normally people answering the same thing over and over again.

Note: Most people who want to have a debate or want to hear what other people think won't close their thread because of 1 person, they will most likely ignore that person and just hear what they want to hear (the possitive comments)

Yea Neos pretty much said why we don't allow users to just close their own threads. There's just too much room for an OP to abuse that if the discussion doesn't go how they want it to.