Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No more alpha updates I guess,

So it was going pretty steady at first but nothing new since the screenshots were taken down.

I guess that was the end of us hearing anything about this alpha.

You know the alpha servers haven't really started yet, right? That's why they ordered all the stuff taken down.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I think Blizzard believes zones are too much spoilers and should be seen by the players themselves for more wow feeling Or at least until beta starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

We'll hear once the invites go out. Likely next week at this point.

Only reason they were taken down is they were against ToS. Not to mention, people still are posting spoilers and screenshots who have the illegal sandbox. Blizz can make MMO-C stop posting pictures, not much for individuals though.

Too late, I've seen it all!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    So it was going pretty steady at first but nothing new since the screenshots were taken down.

I guess that was the end of us hearing anything about this alpha.
    Nothing new? Several updates have been posted, including a link that lets us tinker around with early (and often buggy) versions of the new models.

Ever heard of patience?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think Blizzard believes zones are too much spoilers and should be seen by the players themselves for more wow feeling Or at least until beta starts.
    Nah, its just the ToS issue. You can basically get all the necessary spoilers through datamined conversations and spells, etc. Blizz doesn't mind MMO-C posting that stuff, if they really wanted to stop lore spoilers they wouldn't allow it.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is seen cannot be unseen!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    it think there is a very high chance blizz will drop a WOD info bomb on pax east this weekend
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2014-04-09 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    there were several screenshots where it was stuff obviously copy pasted from outlands, even entire plateus and mountians.

Placeholders, reference, or otherwise it comes off as breaking the "Ground up" promise. that is why

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    there were several screenshots where it was stuff obviously copy pasted from outlands, even entire plateus and mountians.

Placeholders, reference, or otherwise it comes off as breaking the "Ground up" promise. that is why
    Its because they were using those as reference points to build with as what artists regularly do.. But its posts like yours which is probably why Blizz wanted them removed, so people do not to jump to dev-bashing conclusions on something that is still in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Its because they were using those as reference points to build with as what artists regularly do.. But its posts like yours which is probably why Blizz wanted them removed, so people do not to jump to dev-bashing conclusions on something that is still in alpha.
    We explained this to Roahn but apparently he doesn't understand the concept of "Alpha is Alpha".

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    We explained this to Roahn but apparently he doesn't understand the concept of "Alpha is Alpha".

Oh well.
    It'd be like calling a painter lazy because they used the actual Eiffel Tower as a reference for their scenic painting of the Eiffel Tower.

Yea I was in BC alpha and hellfire was nothing like even the beta version outside of the color pallate...so I dont blame blizz for not wanting the screenshots since in this case alpha actually is alpha and the zones will be completely different in beta much less release.

Each day that passes without alpha servers going up and invites going out, the more transparent it becomes that the alpha announcement was just a marketing ploy to distract from ESO's launch.

"Warlords of Draenor™ Alpha Testing Begins" on April 3? Not so much...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Each day that passes without alpha servers going up and invites going out, the more transparent it becomes that the alpha announcement was just a marketing ploy to distract from ESO's launch.

Counter TESO launch by how?!
    How does that affect people playing TESO in the slightest? I didn't buy TESO, but if I did, all this WoD alpha stuff would have zero impact on it.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

15+ Year Old Account

Er, you do realize that regular players like (presumably) us are rarely if ever invited to the alpha? Usually it's employees, friends of employees, and very occasionally high-profile players. Beta is where the majority of invites will be sent out, and even then they tend to go to famous WoW names, theorycrafters, addon writers, bleeding edge raid guilds, and the like. You know, people who've proven they can actually help with testing and squashing bugs and tuning.

Sig by Isilrien

Blizzard is going to pax east... can't you just *&^&* wait a couple days? jesus they just showed 33 pages of awesome.

Or, ya know, they had issues launching it. Like Simca has said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Blizzard is going to pax east... can't you just *&^&* wait a couple days? jesus they just showed 33 pages of awesome.
    Nope, the only way to view life is within extremes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Well "33 pages of awesome" is quite exaggerated. They gave us some info, some useful, some pointless and old. Some good news, some bad news. But it was nowhere near 33 pages of awesome.