10+ Year Old Account

Two State Solution goes "Poof"

From a Foreign Relations hearing yesterday, the 2 state solution is done.
    http://www.foreign.senate.gov/hearin...-budget-4-8-14

Kerry's own words:
    In exchange for the deal being kept of the release of prisoners and not going to the U.N. Unfortunately, the prisoners weren’t released on the Saturday they were supposed to be released. And so day went by, day two went by day three went by and then in the afternoon when they were about to maybe get there, 700 settlement units were announced in Jerusalem. And poof! That was sort of the moment.
    Ben Cardin, Democrat of Maryland, countered by blaming the Palestinians for unilateral actions in seeking recognition before international bodies and refusing to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

The State Department has already sought to cover for Kerry, saying he meant that both sides are to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    From a Foreign Relations hearing yesterday, the 2 state solution is done.
    http://www.foreign.senate.gov/hearin...-budget-4-8-14

Kerry's own words:

Ben Cardin, Democrat of Maryland, countered by blaming the Palestinians for unilateral actions in seeking recognition before international bodies and refusing to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

The State Department has already sought to cover for Kerry, saying he meant that both sides are to blame.
    I wonder if the Secretary of State is going to get called on the carpet the same way NJ Governor Christie was?

Christie made clear “that he misspoke when he referred to the ‘occupied territories.’ And he conveyed that he is an unwavering friend and committed supporter of Israel, and was sorry for any confusion that came across as a result of the misstatement.”
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I wonder if the Secretary of State is going to get called on the carpet the same way NJ Governor Christie was?
    Of course not, his politics face the right direction.

Looks like we dropped the ball again.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Looks like we dropped the ball again.
    It sort of looks like he catches that ball. While looking directly into the sun too. Most impressive.

Okay to clarify this...

1, Israel and Palestine agree as a part of the negotiations being kept in the "family", Israel would release a bunch of terrorists ("Freedom Fighters" depending on your point of view).

2, Israel goes back on it's given word and refuses to release the prisoners. Putting the Palestinian Authority in a political tight spot with the Palestinian people. The PA finds itself forced to make some sort of retaliatory statement. So they do possibly the most harmless thing one could think of, they go to the UN and sign a bunch of Human Rights and Cooperation treaties (Oh the Horror!)

3, Israel goes ballistic and escalates things to the maximum taking another chunk of land of the Palestinians. (With the OBVIOUS intention to provoke unrest so they can shift blame on the "terrorists".)

But yes, yes both sides are to blame for the failure of the negotiations. When is the US going to stop acting like Israels little Bitch and give Israel the Apartheid South Africa treatment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    But yes, yes both sides are to blame for the failure of the negotiations. When is the US going to stop acting like Israels little Bitch and give Israel the Apartheid South Africa treatment?
    As soon as Jews stop being rich.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    As soon as Jews stop being rich.
    OMG man don`t go ther, but u are right, the way i see the US, they have alot of power and influence and still use the Holocaust victim card.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    OMG man don`t go ther, but u are right, the way i see the US, they have alot of power and influence and still use the Holocaust victim card.
    Oh you'll last long here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Oh you'll last long here.
    Why that is my world view on the US, if u whant to know how it is over her in chile, palestinians and jews work together (politics etc), they have very good relations, some month ago chilean palestin and jew politician traveled together to Israel to share ther experience.