Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    BWAHAHAHAHA! So glad I use an arcane build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuanti View Post
    Frozen orb is still viable and still the most used build
    To be fair, its too early after patch to look at most used build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I tried out a heap of other builds last night, went back to frozen orb :/ Most of my gear is +electrocute or +arcane orb. Would like to try RoF with piercing but I lack the offhand to do it Currently using electrocute with the sparks on crit glyph. My weapon causes stuff hit by lightning to turn into electric pulses. So much lightning damage and aoe damage. I only really use Frorb for the slows or on big clusters of mobs for a quick clear.
    Don't bother with RoF, spent 3 hours in t2 Rifts tonight(using the pierce offhand), its solid single target dmg but found myself overwhelmed with adds even with blizzard to help aoe, much better to run with gimped orb till u can get gear for fire and explosive blast spam:P especially since that can crit for 100m with some fancy wand lol

I still use Frozen Orb with the occasional Archon.
    Triple buff from Familiar, Magic Weapon and crit bonus from that armor thing I can't remember the name of, is still working pretty damn well for me.

If I get the full Tal'Rasha set however, I may change things a bit around.
    Sitting at 1m damage and 5.4m Toughness with the Passive that increases everything after you stand still for 1.5 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

i play frozen orb cus its fun, i tried arcane/fire/lightning builds and i came back to frozen orb.

played it in diablo 2 and will continue playing it in diablo 3.

to all the ppl that complain how op it was, the only thing op was the chill effect and explosion radius, they didnt need to nerf it by 20% ontop of that.

yes the skill does roughly 20% less damage now go check it urself.

i find it funny that ppl complain about frozen orb but find things like mirrorball and other broken things completly fine >_>
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i play frozen orb cus its fun, i tried arcane/fire/lightning builds and i came back to frozen orb.

played it in diablo 2 and will continue playing it in diablo 3.

to all the ppl that complain how op it was, the only thing op was the chill effect and explosion radius, they didnt need to nerf it by 20% ontop of that.

yes the skill does roughly 20% less damage now go check it urself.

i find it funny that ppl complain about frozen orb but find things like mirrorball and other broken things completly fine >_>
    1: I notice no difference in damage.

2: Mirrorball WAS nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap guyz, check out this wand I found last night:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...7/hero/9920082

I dont have to go frost anymore!!!!!!
    This new spec is so much more powerful than frost. Im able to solo T3 no problem, Im dropping mobs quickly. 860k sheet dps with magic wep.

spent the past few days building a pair of arcane bracers, boots with arcane torrent bonus, and got the piercing OH/a pair of boots with ray of frost too. Can now effectively switch 2-3 pieces of gear and be optimised for any of the 3 playstyles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    So instead of overpowered, orb is now "balanced" and suddenly it's no more fun to play?
    It was never "overpowered" to begin with.

Several times in their game history have they said something was originally a bug but it worked out better for the community as a whole than to "fix" the bug. Don't fix something thats not broke.

While it disappoints me that it got scaled back, I agree that it was overpowered. I tried switching from FO to other things pre-nerf (or bug-fix, who cares) and nothing else really compared to the power and mobility it provided. If an ability is strong enough that it encourages a large part of the community to use it over anything else, it's overpowered essentially. There should be a decent distribution of skills used and clearly Blizzard wasn't seeing that on their end.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    While it disappoints me that it got scaled back, I agree that it was overpowered. I tried switching from FO to other things pre-nerf (or bug-fix, who cares) and nothing else really compared to the power and mobility it provided. If an ability is strong enough that it encourages a large part of the community to use it over anything else, it's overpowered essentially. There should be a decent distribution of skills used and clearly Blizzard wasn't seeing that on their end.
    I just don't feel like anything else is as effective (obviously). I've tried a meteor build and a disintegrate build and the meteor build, but none of them hit nearly as hard as orb did
    Last edited by Captainn; 2014-04-11 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Don't bother with RoF, spent 3 hours in t2 Rifts tonight(using the pierce offhand), its solid single target dmg but found myself overwhelmed with adds even with blizzard to help aoe, much better to run with gimped orb till u can get gear for fire and explosive blast spam:P especially since that can crit for 100m with some fancy wand lol
    ray of frost is insane with both shard of hate and offhand obv.....like disintegrate on crack non stop frozen skulls shooting out from SoH proc

15+ Year Old Account
    No difference for me as well
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    I just bough D3 RoS two weeks ago, and started to play it. Coincidentally I chose an electrocute / frozen orb wizard to start with. In fact I had more fun than I expected, T2 was just fine for the gear I found in the last days (900k buffed dps).

I have the impression that the difference after the nerf / fix is very significant. After all it's FOUR nerfs for my build, four nerfs at once!

For now I lost the motivation, wasn't really motivated to begin with, but this killed it :-)

I got bored of a frost/frozen orb build before this fix anyway. So I've been looking at other builds. I've been trying to make a lightening stun build with the wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    Do you remember where you got that legendary? I would love that. lol
    its an off hand got it from blood shards after like 8 tries.