Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Waller and jailer on ranged classes. Fast on melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since my CC reduction is over 70% right now, none of the CC abilities bother me all that much.

I both love and hate wormhole because it has both helped and hindered me. Hindered in that I'd do a judgment only to drop my beam a mile away because I got hit by a long wormhole.

Other times I've been wormholed out of a bad situation that I feared was going to kill me.

As a crusader anything that flies and more or less tries to maintain distance from me and other elite/champions annoys the crap out of me because gathering them all up for burst is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Frozen and fast are the two most annoying affixes regardless of class I am playing. Waller is only marginally annoying and it depends a lot on where I encounter a waller creature.

Arcane is my favorite. It's a great active mechanic with a logical gameplay basis. Where as like all the other affixes in D3 are pretty terrible from a design POV. The enemies one fights in D3, with the exception of bosses, are profoundly uninteresting or poorly designed. The affixes are not helpful to that end.
    It's almost like the Diablo series is some kind of hack-and-slash lite-roguelike or something!

For me as a wizard it would be waller/fast/frozen and missilie dampening

As a lightning hammer crusader, missile dampening is my favorite, stack like 50 hammers chaining the lightning and use provoke = dead mob.

The one i hate the most that i experienced, corrupted angels with health link + increased health + shielding + arcane

Waller can suck my dick.. I play wizard and I can't DPS them through the walls :?
    Nightmarish is my second pick because it's annoying..
    Rest - I can deal with..

Though a certain combos can be annoying/deadly - extra health, fast, fire chains, vortex ones for example >.<'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Waller and Frozen.

Cant DPS through walls and frozen is just annoying.... it also does a fuckton of damage just by standing on the soon-to-be-frozen areas on T6 :P

15+ Year Old Account
    On lower torments 1-3 I would say Shielding. Its so annoying having that 1 mob not dieing due to shielding when I pop Judgement and unleash hell.

On higher Torm 4-6 Waller with a damage affix(so they make a triangle and you have to stand in stuff), Frozen and Arcane.

Had the worst pack earlier. Extra health, Shielding, waller and some other stuff on Ghosts. They kept running away, walling off my attacks and shielding when I finally could damage them :/

Hate: Fire Chains, Frozen Pulse, Waller
    Love: Missile Dampening, Wormhole, Any of the Poison or Fire affixes other than Chains.

Oh god fire chains fucks my day up when I taunt things on my Crusader. Frozen Pulse has a mind of its own and will follow me. Less of an issue now with Ice Climbers. I've had wallers actually trap me in a triangular section of wall for well over a minute. Like, the 3 walls somehow managed to form a triangle that I cannot get out of.

Missile Dampening was hilarious when I used Blessed Hammer: Thunderstruck. 20 hammers, each arcing lightning to me, all right next to each other. I just need to keep the large electric beam on the monster and I win. I don't use those anymore, but I have no projectiles anymore. Wormhole helps me more than it hurts me and its just hilarious to use anyway. All of the Desecrator/Molten/Plagued/Poison Enchanted all do such little damage to me on T1/2 I just stand in it. They're not especially hard to avoid, just such pitiful damage.

How did I forget frozen...not so much for the stun/freeze but the fact it now damages you before it explodes. I don't recall it doing that in the early days of D3 (but that was almost 2 years ago now).

I like health link and hate extra health and fire chains ,extra health just means it will take longer to kill and fire chains hurts as hell.

Fire Chain.
    FIRE CHAIN. SCREW FIRE CHAIN. Especially on the mobs with free range motion of the terrain. 2nd least favorite would be extra health.

Favorite would be Life Link, I love running into mobs with life link on my barb to go ham on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Barbarian I have to say: FUCK FIRE CHAINS.

And Arcane.

Favourite is probably Molten since I like seeing people blown up after a fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The enemies one fights in D3, with the exception of bosses, are profoundly uninteresting or poorly designed. The affixes are not helpful to that end.
    I agree, I find all of the affixes are just there to annoy you/needlessly extend the fight or even worse turn it into an exercise in running out of endless aoe pools

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Favourite - Arcane. (only because my Necklace makes Arcane sentries Heal me :3)
    This. Before the necklace however I'd definitely have said arcane was my least favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Honorable mention: the rift boss that summons tornadoes, bug swarms and snakes. Of course I get him on maps with little to no room. Makes me dread popping rift guardian on pandeminium fortress board, lol.

Waller usually really pisses me off, its like half the rare packs I meet have that + lasers or. Some others are annoying but waller just feels so random at times and can really screw you over. Some of my favorites are probably plagued or molten, as ranged it's pretty easy to dodge (although plagued is more annoying these days), I can understand why melee would hate it though. My absolute favorite is wormhole though, I only played at t2 but it doesn't appear to really do damage? You can actually use it to reposition yourself if you keep an eye on where they spawn. Aside from that, they often double cast it on my doge so it's becomes a non issue. Another fun one is health link, it really doesn't do too much to bo fair.

Arcane Wizard:

Least favorite: Vortex, plagued, poison, arcane, Frozen pulse (Where the hell am I supposed to stand???)

Most favorite: Wormhole (Wheeeeeee!), Waller, Jailer, illusionist

Before you yell at me for being crazy, I play an arcane wizard with teleport, mirror image, illusionist passive and arcane torrent. Arcane Torrent goes OVER waller, so with teleport it just helps me turn waller into my advantage. And I have all the CC breakage from mirror image and illusionist, so jailer and frozen don't bother me.

I dislike plagued, poison, and arcane because I don't have anywhere to stand after awhile, and I dislike frozen pulse because sometimes I can't see where the hell the thing is.

I love Arcane on my WD, but mostly because I have the amulet that makes it heal you instead of damage you. Fire chains are tricky, and extra health can get tedious.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue as an arcane wiz (disintegrate/hydra) is Jailer on higher torment difficulties. Not because of the effect (boots negate it) but because of the instant-damage that's being applied which cannot be avoided.
    If the minions has the affix too you're screwed - combined with Horde for extra effect.

Healthlink being the best one as it really doesn't do anything that can hurt.
    Waller isn't an issue - hydra and archon can be cast over it so it becomes an advantage instead as the mobs can often wall themselves in.
    Last edited by Wengel; 2014-04-15 at 01:26 PM.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?