Deleted

Having to play fury as arms is lower.

Im a Off tank in a 11/14 hc raiding guild and some fights like thok hc and well normal clearing Klaxxi and Garrosh normal being done by our main tank.

I am beign forced to play Fury what i realy dislike playing as I prefer Arms over that any day, But that said I have trouble getting high DPs on Thok Heroic

As fury only doing aroudn 168 k dps with 566 Ilvl

As with Arms it is the same but Arms being shittier on Single target then Fury

Anyone able to help me out as i well dont want to be forced to play a spec i can't play..

10+ Year Old Account
    Sit in zerker stance after a few screeches and literally spam your rotation and dump rage by spamming heroic strike from 5 screeches-30. The goal is to spend rage as quickly as possible while keeping the CS dump in order, and it can be hard to spend that much rage. Regardless, I recommend posting your logs in the analyze DPS thread above.

Wait, why would you play Fury rather than Arms? If you are better at Arms, and with your relatively low level of gear Arms is most likely gonna give you a higher output than Fury is. Also, unless you're playing at the highest level, why not just play the spec you like, rather than the spec that people on the internet says is better?
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    The difference between arms and fury is not big at all, you should play whatever you feel like. Especially since its your offspec.

If you are only doing 168 on thok in 566 you are just doing something wrong with your arms rotation. What are you using? Tell me how you are fighting him. I don't get stand-still fight numbers but I'm still 220 or so in similar ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Wait, why would you play Fury rather than Arms? If you are better at Arms, and with your relatively low level of gear Arms is most likely gonna give you a higher output than Fury is. Also, unless you're playing at the highest level, why not just play the spec you like, rather than the spec that people on the internet says is better?
    How is ilvl 566 low?

As for OP we need your armory and logs before we can really say more than some general stuff. At that ilvl you shouldn't have trouble sitting at 200k minimum for both specs outside of the kite phases for Thok. It's possibly that your Crit is just crap if you're using mostly Mastery/other gear for tanking and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    How is ilvl 566 low?

As for OP we need your armory and logs before we can really say more than some general stuff. At that ilvl you shouldn't have trouble sitting at 200k minimum for both specs outside of the kite phases for Thok. It's possibly that your Crit is just crap if you're using mostly Mastery/other gear for tanking and dps.
    relatively low. relatively being the key word there.

OP, if you can't play fury well or your gear can't support playing it well, you have a couple options i can think of: A: get better at/optimize your gear for fury, or B: explain to your guild leader that you are much better at arms and you do more dps as arms and tell him that's why you think you should be allowed to play arms instead.

If your guild leader won't budge on the issue and you really hate playing fury and don't want to learn it properly, maybe you should find another guild.

*edit* OP, i dunno if english is your first language but i had a hard time interpreting your meaning from what you wrote.
    Last edited by Eranthe; 2014-04-14 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    The difference between arms and fury is not big at all, you should play whatever you feel like. Especially since its your offspec.
    Wat? The difference between Arms and Fury on none pure AoE fights is in the realm of 50k+. On AoE fights yes Arms is great.

In full BiS and with perfect play, yes, Fury is higher then Arms on single target, but in lower gear and with non-perfect play Arms is a lot more forgiving and can easily outperform Fury.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah--what sarri said. Most people don't match their sims as fury, but it is very easy to match your sim as arms.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Yeah--what sarri said. Most people don't match their sims as fury, but it is very easy to match your sim as arms.
    Okay, I'll give it to you, that much is true. But by item lvl 566 Fury outperforms Arms by a good margin. But I'm also fairly sure that OP is geared suboptimally. As in he has lower crit rating then his item level would permit. I suspect he uses a lot of the haste+something plate that is abundant on the first bosses in SoO. Hard to say without Armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    In full BiS and with perfect play, yes, Fury is higher then Arms on single target, but in lower gear and with non-perfect play Arms is a lot more forgiving and can easily outperform Fury.
    Ilvl 566 is by no means low enough for arms to outperform fury. And in BiS gear they are literally lightyears apart on singletarget deeps. Basically a 50 - 80k dps gap between the two on singletarget.

Haste is better for Arms than Fury so if he:

1. Has heaps of Haste gear
    2. Crit around low-mid 30's
    3. Can't play Fury for shit

He's better going Arms.

Haste isn't completely terrible for arms at higher gear levels. I've found that haste > mastery up to about 5360 rating, then it falls off in value.

Play whatever spec you are more comfortable playing. If you don't have the muscle memory for fury but you do for arms, you will clearly play arms better and achieve higher numbers.

I thought arms was more fun until I fully mastered fury, and by that time I changed my opinion on fury being clearly more fun to raid on. Arms is actually really quite boring raiding with.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Fury is fantastic when you are critting with every BT and Stormbolting every CS window, not so much if you are not.

Deleted
    Fury also really starts to shine with the cool down reduction trinket and is overall more gear Dependant than Arms. Fury rotation is more complex than arms and takes awhile to master but you can play arms since its just an offspec if you feel you get better results doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Ilvl 566 is by no means low enough for arms to outperform fury. And in BiS gear they are literally lightyears apart on singletarget deeps. Basically a 50 - 80k dps gap between the two on singletarget.
    Funny you're saying that to the guy who wrecks people playing fury as arms.

For Thok, get permission to DPS as Prot. Just stand in front of the boss with the MT, intervene him on CD to keep decent Riposte Uptime, and you'll do more DPS than you're reporting as Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is fine. Go arms. At this point in progression DPS isn't the issue anyway.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued