Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What does this have to do with it being release on PC though? >.>
    it was in addition to replying to:

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri
    Yea, too bad you need to buy a freaking console to even play it. Not gonna waste 400€ just to play one game and then go back to my PC with steam.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to be quick and a little sloppy with replies while i'm at work, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    This is great

Cool, I guess we now know where the budget for Alien: Isolation will go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Cool, I guess we now know where the budget for Alien: Isolation will go to.
    ?

Gearbox isn't involved with Alien: Isolation. That's Creative Assembly this go around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post
    It's available on PC though.
    Destiny on PC? When?

Remember, I replied to this

It's mostly just disappointing that they're clearly not going to push forward with the series and evolve it.

I'll probably still play it but I feel like Destiny is taking the Borderlands concept and doing it much much better.

?

Gearbox isn't involved with Alien: Isolation. That's Creative Assembly this go around.
    In that case, the hope for that game went slightly up.

Basically this is being developed by another company because Gearbox is likely working on an actual BL3...maybe even a "next" (technically current) gen one (hence why they would make this filler one a PS3/360 title...quicker to develop and can help fill the gap).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Basically this is being developed by another company because Gearbox is likely working on an actual BL3...maybe even a "next" (technically current) gen one (hence why they would make this filler one a PS3/360 title...quicker to develop and can help fill the gap).
    2K Australia and Gearbox are two completely separate studios, so it's really nothing like WoW/D3 team separation. It's more like the team working on Borderlands 2 and then the team that supposedly worked on Aliens: Colonial Marines.

But anyways, unless something changed in the last two months, they're not working on Borderlands 3, at least according to Pitchford.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...t-gearbox-says
    Nope. They're working on new IP's that they haven't announced yet.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/541...software-games

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like people are looking too heavily into the this game. Its pretty much stand alone DLC (not a bad thing). Its something for the fans, a last escapade on the previous gen while 2k is in between major projects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figure I'll necro this old thread rather then start another.

Comes out next week. After looking at all the information and work, I'm frankly looking forward to this game. Sure, you can argue that it's just DLC for Borderlands 2, but it looks to be as much content as Borderlands 2 and will have it's own set of DLC on top of that. The game engine itself has been improved in many small ways and the new classes look interesting. I'm also very interested in the story... playing as the "bad guys" is a very nice touch.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I immensely enjoyed the first two games, and despite a different team this time around, so far I don't really see any reason why I wouldn't enjoy this one. Almost surely a day 1 buy from me.

^

plus you get to play as Claptrap if you want

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be playing Athena with the Sword build. Although i think i'll wait a few months for the inevitable Goty Edition with all the DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I'm gonna be playing Athena with the Sword build. Although i think i'll wait a few months for the inevitable Goty Edition with all the DLC.
    Been trying to find a class/build I like... Claptrap is a bit too multi-player oriented for my taste, and I dislike pet classes. Which leaves only Athena and the sherif. Currently I'm leaning towards an elemental build with Athena, but odds are I'll try all the classes to see which one feels right.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

After getting both previous games, I'm going to wait until this goes on deep sale. Just feels like, "more of the same", and I wasn't terribly impressed with the second one (though the first was better).

I'll keep an eye on how things go, but compared to the previous two I'm remarkably unhyped about it.

Played Borderlands 2; never finished it. Sure; it has a few jokes, but overall it didn't seem very enjoyable to me. Maybe I'll pick this one up during next year's Steam sale.

Borderlands 2 just felt like a refined version of Borderlands (1), so I'm not really that interested in this one. I liked Borderlands, but I didn't like it that much - too repetitive and lack of innovation in my view.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I find the Borderlands series to be Boredom made manifest.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game seems easier than Borderlands 2 was, that or Athena's just broken. Solo'd the raid boss on my first try by just putting the shield up and blasting it in the face.

Admittedly it was on normal difficulty, I figured I'd give it a shot before moving on to True Vault Hunter mode.

I wanted to like Athena but just couldn't warm up to her once I did start playing. I find Nisha to be more enjoyable. Claptrap is fairly fun as well.

about the game, I like it. It's very familiar of course for anyone who has played either of the first two games. Not sure that I like the oxygen mechanic but it is not bad. I will say that I like BL2's story better than TPS so far.