Protection warrior proving grounds (endless) - please help

Hello fellow warriors.

Few weeks ago I made a topic about fury proving grounds, and I got that shortly after.

Now I'm working on protection.

It should be noted that the 2 specs im most familiar with are fury and arms. i very rarely play as protection.
    I think I may be doing something wrong. I've seen videos of warriors tanking the adds and they aren't in a real danger of dying, im always below 40%. and I SPAM shield barrier like hell. I mostly revenge and shield barrier (should i use shield block rather than barrier?), and while it is very inconsistent, i got to wave 26 and died horribly there.

point is...I really am spamming shield barrier, and im always very low. I see videos of warriors doing barrier maybe once in 15 seconds, maybe, and smooth sailing.
    that happened once. i havent been able to get above wave 19 again. last attempt i died on wave 18. which is a weird wave to die on, but thats my point, i feel like im taking rediculous damage and doing something wrong. most ppl regard waves 8-18-28 as harmless, calm before the storm of 9, and that the monkeys dont hit hard, but they r$pe me.

I'd like to ask help mainly on gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echewer/simple

i also have bubbling brightbrew trinket from brewfest, has +1100 stamina. should i be using it rather than ghost dragon? should my reforging be different? should i stack stam (ive seen warriors do it, gem only stam for proving grounds)

any help / tips you can provide on gameplay and rotation as well ill be very happy.

This may be a stupid question, but generally speaking, is running around / slowing / kiting with leap better than just tanking them head on?

I am also interested in any information that people can come out of this. I haven't had time to really try proving grounds but I do want to try it. I normally play a protection paladin but been wondering if a warrior would be easier.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Deleted
    Truth be told, gear is fairly irrelevant for getting a 30 wave achievement. Mastery, avoidance, crit, stamina, you name it, and it will be ok, as long as the gear is done correctly for whatever you chose. There are a few things wrong with your gear, but if you are having trouble with the monkeys at sub-20, you maybe overwriting your barriers, not doing your rotation correctly, maybe throwing away rage on HS or cleave. At that point it can't be a gear or CD problem, it's something far more basic. When you died at wave 26, it was a rotation and/or CD problem, and the gear didn't help, but at that low wave, a simple shockwave+intimidating+shockwave should have cut it.

PD: Put glyph of heavy repercussions in there, do not put on the beer trinket. Pass the char through a reforge app, let's say mrrobot, and fix your gems, enchants and reforges.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-04-10 at 03:33 AM.

IMO kiting is the way to go.

Hi all, just wanted to update that I managed to get it down today after a few heartbreaking wave 27 and wave 29 wipes, and an amazing amount of hours spent.

Real happy kiting is defo the way to go, this isn't tank proving grounds, this is kiter proving grounds, damage is ungodly at the higher waves (at wave 29 if i stop kiting and i tank them even for 1 second without cds, thats enough to kill me)

I have to say that I thought the tanking PG is significantly harder than the dps, but maybe that's because I play a dps warrior in the raids.

Thanks for the helpful advice. Now just healing left

Edit: Being a worgen REALLY helped here. Used darkflight in the second wave with all the vermin to drop the stacks, used it in wave 7 and 9 to kite, it was just invaluable really.
    Last edited by Eyechewer; 2014-04-10 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Did this myself one thing I'd add that may not be immediately obvious use intimidating shout use spell reflect use victory rush and learn to use heroic leap charge shockwave, intimidating shout and intervene effectively to build distance between yourself and the mobs.