Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Upcoming Loot Changes: Kadala buff and Rift buff

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471197317#1
    Unique monsters now drop less items.
    Balls. They drop a couple rares, at most, and we all know rares are pretty much crystals.

The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
    Good. I feel like I get more legendary items from doing bounties and getting the caches than rifts.
    Kadala’s legendary drop rate has been significantly increased.
    Cool. Add to the fact that rifts are gonna be better loot, and rift/shards is gonna...or SHOULD...be a great way to farm legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buffs to my preferred farming method, can't complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to see Blizz making the way they want D3 to be played more viable.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

For someone who dont have RoS: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They aren't going to design the game around not having the expansion, more of a your loss for not paying for the expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Buffs to my preferred farming method, can't complain.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know about the unique monsters...that's something they need to figure out another solution for, but chests and all that noise..big w/e's to that. Love that bounties and rifts are going to be the way to go, because that's what I play anyways. None of this game hop in hop out recreate, play the same 5 minutes of content to infinity bullcrap.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    For someone who dont have RoS: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    I feel your pain, now my roommate will be laughing at me all the way to the Legendary bank!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know about the unique monsters...that's something they need to figure out another solution for, but chests and all that noise..big w/e's to that. Love that bounties and rifts are going to be the way to go, because that's what I play anyways. None of this game hop in hop out recreate, play the same 5 minutes of content to infinity bullcrap.
    Well, so far, in this same patch, they are nerfing the loot dropped by unique monsters; such as manglemaw. Obviously they already nerfed manglemaw but this applies to all unique monsters, to discourage such behavior. On the one hand it is sad that it is necessary because, in the end, it is loot that none of us can now have while doing bounties.

But then again, this is why we cannot have nice things; because some clowns are bent on ruining it for everyone, all in the name of "you can't tell me how I play my game Blizzard" -arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great changes. I tried 1 day of Manglemaw farming before they nerfed him, and it was indeed a good and efficient way, but a complete shame, cause you see barely anything of the game like that. This is much better. Doing Rifts will probably not get old soon, while eventually something will snap if you keep killing 1 monster over and over.

Tbh, I think there's another angle to this too: I could do Manglemaw with my eyes closed at Torment 5, while I normally play at 1 or 2 and could handle playing on 3 normally if I actually played more defensively. Playing on T5 though? Not in my current gear, and my normal playing style. So I'm actually artificially inflating my droprate chances this way, which is probably why Blizzard is nerfing the hell out of this method too. Can't cheat running rifts, or beating Rift guardians so easily.

I wonder though what will be better: run bounties on normal, quickly gain lots of Rift tokens, but miss out on all the good stuff on Torment while running bounties but have more chances to run Rifts OR Running everything on Torment setting of choice and getting better loot during the bounty farm, but have fewer Rift tokens, and thus runs.

I have a shrewd suspicion that normal mode token farming will probably be the superior way, and that Blizzard will likely not be too happy with it. Would not surprise me to see higher difficulties start seeing better rates of Rift keystone acquisition in the future.

All these changes seem awesome and logical. Blizz are really working D3:ROS into a tiptop title of the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I have a shrewd suspicion that normal mode token farming will probably be the superior way, and that Blizzard will likely not be too happy with it. Would not surprise me to see higher difficulties start seeing better rates of Rift keystone acquisition in the future.
    I've been doing that the whole time and my gear sucks, so I don't expect it to change. Plus, I'm not sure a 100% buff is gonna be a very noticeable change.

It's live now, though, so I guess we'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That is essentially the same as bounty farming on normal for the cache legendaries. Not really sure if that needs to be nerfed. Rather I would like to see the rewards on hard / expert / master recognized over just running everything on normal. As it stands, with rudimentary gear, there is almost no incentive to run anything higher than normal; just farm bounties until your eyes bleed and your gear improves to the level of T1.

Then you can go into spending all those rift keys you got and gear up some more.

I don't have a problem with this per say, but it means we have three levels of difficulty that have no other purpose except to provide variant levels of XP bonus to leveling characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are nice things, I love Rifting. Can't wit to get home :O
    Before I was getting, like, 1 leggy per hour on average, should be getting 2 now, or at least 3 in 2hours (I don't count souls from guardians a legendary).
    PM me weird stuff :3

i love rifting but man i swear i had 100 rift keystones in my bag and now....0 T.T back to cache farming for a bit
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Now if we could just have an anarchy style pvp with no rules and 8 player pvp games, that'd be great.

+100% of nothing is still nothing. I didn't notice a single difference with +25%.

Love doing rifts so this is awesome news Spent 400 blood shards last night....all yellows ofc. If only I waited one day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    Love doing rifts so this is awesome news Spent 400 blood shards last night....all yellows ofc. If only I waited one day.
    Don't feel too bad; I spent about that number after the hotfix and only got rares

Remember that statistically, 100% may not really much if. What matters is what the chance was before. I didn't notice anything at 25% and this morning, despite several rifts, didn't notice anything now either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've been doing that the whole time and my gear sucks, so I don't expect it to change. Plus, I'm not sure a 100% buff is gonna be a very noticeable change.

It's live now, though, so I guess we'll see.
    Its not a 100% buff. Its a buff from 25 to 100%, so its a 200% increase.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Its not a 100% buff. Its a buff from 25 to 100%, so its a 200% increase.
    All that matters is what the original chance was... if it's 0.0000001% of all drops, increasing from 100% to 125% and then to 200% still makes it shitty...
    Besides, it's a 100% increase (from index 100 to index 200), not a 200% increase.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?