Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There isn't one. /woooo
    ....yay

    I assume they want to steer clear of increased sac damage due to the cluster that was our scaling in MoP. Well, that's fine, but here's an idea:

    You are now able to maintain your control over even greater demons indefinitely, allowing you to summon Doomguards and Infernals as permanent pets. Does not cancel the benefit from Grimoire of Sacrifice.

    There, now it can at least coexist without being a trap, and the DG/Infernal prolly will benefit from whatever crit% bonus (or whatever) they end up giving us for a sac bonus.

    Side bar, since Demo's Sac at this point keeps the pet and cuts the caster's crit to increase the pet's crit, this could actualy be a viable combo...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    The worse part is that it totally makes sense to me that by sacrificing a bigger bad we get to be a bigger bad ourselves. Since it makes sense to me I'm willing to bet that it'll make sense to others as well, considering how many people play.
    It makes sense to me. Also, I found his tweets on the subject (and by extension, yours =P )

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    Dark Apotheosis
    Physical damage taken reduced by 10%.
    Magical damage taken reduced by 15%.
    Threat increased by 600%

    Allows stance metamorphosis' spells
    Grants spell id 119839, used to be fury ward

    Taken from beta.wowdb confirmed with beta.wowhead
    Removed mastery's effect on damage reduction
    Why the hell have they increased the threat generation to 600% up from 500%

    Also on a side note it has aura 226 at value 10 per second not sure if drain or gain
    Well it's quite obvious really.

    Warlocks are getting a tank spec.

  3. #23
    I wish the Warlock spec would work like a shit tank spec, so if a tank dies in a fight a lock can go DA and take over the role of the second tank, but would take a bit more damage. I have noticed that the taunt doesn't seem to work like a tank taunt which is really annoying.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Well it's quite obvious really.

    Warlocks are getting a tank spec.
    I hope you are right, but i think it will not happen in context of recent information we got on twitter. Celestalon hates vision of warlock tank.
    Warlock Tanking info page - http://warlock-tank.lambdacu.be/
    He will learn... no king rules forever; only death is eternal!

  5. #25
    It doesn't confirm anything at this stage but it is odd that not only DA but provocation has also been changed going into the alpha,


    Wondering why there is a second fury ward up now on wowhead/wowdb this


    Fury Ward
    10 sec cast (Channeled) 10 sec cooldown
    Requires Metamorphosis
    Enfolds you in a protective shield that lasts 10 sec. and prevents 30% of all damage dealt to you. Drains 50 Demonic Fury per 1% of your maximum health prevented.

    The fury cost increases by 50% every 2 sec the ward is active

    Seems a little bit broken all things considered very very high cost

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    It doesn't confirm anything at this stage but it is odd that not only DA but provocation has also been changed going into the alpha,


    Wondering why there is a second fury ward up now on wowhead/wowdb this


    Fury Ward
    10 sec cast (Channeled) 10 sec cooldown
    Requires Metamorphosis
    Enfolds you in a protective shield that lasts 10 sec. and prevents 30% of all damage dealt to you. Drains 50 Demonic Fury per 1% of your maximum health prevented.

    The fury cost increases by 50% every 2 sec the ward is active

    Seems a little bit broken all things considered very very high cost
    This look like a cool active mitigation mechanism but why is it a channeled thing and can we cancel it ? i think this has insane potential to be high skill cap thing. You need to know when tu turn it on and for how long love it.
    Warlock Tanking info page - http://warlock-tank.lambdacu.be/
    He will learn... no king rules forever; only death is eternal!

  7. #27
    High Overlord pvw1075's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    137
    They've stated bluntly that it's not happening now, but they might do it in the future.
    Why must people read between the lines here?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Filabane View Post
    The fact that we get to be the basically the only class with Trap talents is good class design, right? /headdesk
    Hunters also have trap talents (pun slightly intended). Blink Strikes + Lone Wolf is basically same boat as Sacrifice + Servitude, although I would argue that a new and/or uninformed player could reasonably assume that sacrificing stronger demons would give you a stronger personal bonus. I honestly think that would be the natural assumption. "Oh, so if I sacrifice this little imp I get stronger ... man I must get super strong if I sacrifice this big doomguard, right ?"

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    It doesn't confirm anything at this stage but it is odd that not only DA but provocation has also been changed going into the alpha,


    Wondering why there is a second fury ward up now on wowhead/wowdb this


    Fury Ward
    10 sec cast (Channeled) 10 sec cooldown
    Requires Metamorphosis
    Enfolds you in a protective shield that lasts 10 sec. and prevents 30% of all damage dealt to you. Drains 50 Demonic Fury per 1% of your maximum health prevented.

    The fury cost increases by 50% every 2 sec the ward is active

    Seems a little bit broken all things considered very very high cost
    This is very similar to the original Fury Ward in the Mists Beta that required you to channel it (you actually used a "stunned" animation during the channel) and had the fluctuating cost before they changed it to what we have now. I don't know if this is a data-mining quirk digging up old info or if this is a deliberate change.

  10. #30
    The 600% threat modifier is normal. 100% of something + a 500% increase = a 600% modifier. Take a look at Defensive Stance. Effect #2 is a 600% threat modifier (which again, is the standard 500% increase).

    The "new" Fury Ward is the old MoP Beta version, and also doesn't exist in the WoD Wowhead. A quick browse through other DA granted spells shows that the current Fury Ward, Demonic Slash, and Provocation have also been removed. No other version of Fury Ward shows up in the search on the WoD side of the database.

  11. #31
    Your adding not doing multiplication threat is multiplied not added so if you deal 1 damage you get 5 threat not 6 that is how it works in game

    Ingame provocation is a provoke flagged attack not a taunt that is why raid bosses are unaffected all it does is drops a high number of threat Points on things and it does not I repeat does not increase threat generation by 200% for 3 seconds, check any of the available threat trackers also read the tooltip in game

  12. #32
    You're wrong.

  13. #33
    Just saying something enough doesn't make it true,

    Tank threat is 500% of damage/healing done, this is fact another way of saying that exact same thing is 5x damage/healing,

    Now it really isn't difficult to understand, I'm not saying that they are making lock tanks, because that would require resolve and that hasn't happened, all I am saying is that I doubt that they are removing DA at this current juncture because they have made changes to it that is all.

    Other explanations include both wowhead and wowdb being wrong in the data mining (doubtfull), links to data within code making all of the threat mods being altered when one is(distinctly possible) Or using old code as a start point(possible but unlikely)

    Try the glyph currently because I can promise you that provocation does not taunt as the data on either wowhead or wowdb tell you it should the tooltips don't even match up

    Personally I daresay based on the fact provocation isn't on the list of removed spells where voidray, both auras and carrion swarm are, that it is remaining in game for a purpose, again not saying tank locks though it would be nice, more likely etank as GC has said

  14. #34
    I have quite a lot of experience with Warlock Tanking, and have been personally going through the database for changes. Please read my post as well as sited references. Dark Apotheosis has not changed, the 600% tanking modifier is not only how it is on live, but normal (again, as sited). A "500% increase" indicates the original 100% and adding 500% to it. X+5X=6X, again as sited. Many spells that require DA have been removed. The Glyph of Demon Hunting has been removed. When Nether Armor was rolled into Metamorphosis, it was NOT also rolled into DA. Provocation works exactly as all other taunts EXCEPT it is flagged to not work on bosses. Not only does the in game tooltip not reflect what you stated, but the Database does not indicate it either. Threat Meters now go off of information provided directly by the game engine, and so would indicate the same, furthermore, a quick in game test also failed to show what you stated.

    You're wrong. Please double check your work with the original, live, database so these mistakes don't continue to happen.

  15. #35
    High Overlord Puppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    129
    I hope we get a tank spec... that would make me very happy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •