Poll: Topic Title

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Which vanilla character model are you going to miss the most?

Which one are you going to miss the most from the classic WoW? (pre-BC races)

I have to say, without a doubt, I am going to miss all of them, but I'm curious as to what you all will miss?

I was going to make the poll gender-specific but I couldn't put all 16 in.

Edit: I'll say Troll actually. Most of my mains were trolls. Taurens too. RIP.
    Last edited by Jayjayhey; 2014-04-10 at 05:12 AM.

Not even one. They all look like crap, compared to the new ones.

Is there an option for none? I like everything I've seen thus far.

Deleted
    I like everything they did. The poll has options for models not even shown yet.. Very likely I won't miss any of the old models.

I'm sure there are people who have played since vanilla who are so used to seeing the current models that some will be missed; this thread has nothing to do with the new models, it's just an appreciation of the old ones before we transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Not even one. They all look like crap, compared to the new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritus7 View Post
    Is there an option for none? I like everything I've seen thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    I like everything they did. The poll has options for models not even shown yet.. Very likely I won't miss any of the old models.
    All of this PLUS the fact that you can disable new models thus you can still see old models... You can't miss something you haven't even lost.

None, why would you? The models are exactly the same, except they have a higher poly count. They aren't changing anything, they just won't look like they were made in 2004.

Pretty sure I'm not going to miss any of them. Thus the poll does not apply to me.

Didn't vote.

Needs 'None' option.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    All of this PLUS the fact that you can disable new models thus you can still see old models... You can't miss something you haven't even lost.
    Where did you hear that? I've seen nothing to insinuate that the old models will be in-game in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Where did you hear that? I've seen nothing to insinuate that the old models will be in-game in any way.
    Blizzard said they could/would add it in as a low graphics feature you can toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    \ They aren't changing anything, they just won't look like they were made in 2004.
    this doesn't make much sense.. of course they are changing. so much that it's taking them a beyond long time to change and meet approval

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome. Those new faces are wild and psychotic looking.

As others have said, there needs to be a none option. They aren't removing the old models, there's an interface option that allows you to use them. There's no reason to miss something that's still ingame.

can't say any of them. if they can make em look as good as the Tauren male then shit even the Troll models will look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    As others have said, there needs to be a none option. They aren't removing the old models, there's an interface option that allows you to use them. There's no reason to miss something that's still ingame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Blizzard said they could/would add it in as a low graphics feature you can toggle.
    Indeed it has been stated that the old models will still be available so those with lower-end PCs can play at a decent frame rate. /thread

Human male. His low-poly model will always remind me of the days long gone. Just like old Westfall or this

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the new models they've debuted and overall am sure they will be an enormous upgrade, however I probably will miss the existing look on my longest played toon, a human female. The changes objectively might be for the better, I am quite attached to how she looks now, and her changing will kinda be like losing an old friend in a way. The faces thus far are different enough that I can't really buy into "its the same face but with more polys" argument, at least not with when it comes to a face that has been my video game face for nearing ten years.

I'm not broken up about it, but there will be a little sadness. I think it qualifies as missing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

None honestly. I might look back at them months later and get a hit of nostalgia, but honestly I won't miss them. Unless one of the models we haven't seen look terrible, but unlikely so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm indifferent to both new and old models. I don't really care what they look like in general I don't really spend a lot of time looking at my character enough to notice much difference.