Deleted

Talents fix In WoD?

Hey all, so i was thinking if anyone know if blizzard are going to take a look at dampen harm talent? At Chi burst and zen sphere? At all these useless talents that not used om PvP or Pve? Seriiously its so annoying to play as Any specc monk and only have 1 choice inbetween the 15 lvl talents or the 30 lvl or 45 etc ...

When i log On my Druid or mage or Many other classes i find Many choices, i really hope they fix This class'!!

If you don't know when or where a Monk would use Dampen Harm, Chi Burst, or Zen Sphere, that's your problem, not Blizzard's. They have very clear and obvious uses that differentiate them from other talents in their tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think Dampen Harm is useless?

And Chi Burst?

Monk actually has a pretty well-balanced talent grid. You can take almost anything you feel like, or pick while blindfolded, and you won't really suffer that badly for it even if you hit the "dud" talent each tier. Every tier has at least 2 choices that are both reasonable options, or that you have incentive to swap situationally.

Deleted
    Dude why Would u use chi burst when Chi wave is better?

Why use dampen crap, when u have healing elixirs and diffuse??

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Chi Burst has effective use especially when there are groups of adds that need to be nuked. I believe many others used it a lot on H Lei Shen, especially for the lightning ball phase.

In SoO I'm currently using it on H Garrosh since we are often stacked together and taking damage / hello burst on P1 adds. (We have trouble with the adds in P1, so every bit helps it seems.) I believe Galakras could work well, but I haven't used it there yet - if we ever beat Garrosh and can farm again, I'll give it some work.

Dampen Harm is brilliant times when you know you're going to get blasted a few times over a longer period. Iron Juggs comes to mind for pulses / lasers at the start of the fight. Thok you can help against 3 pulses. Paragons it can help if you are soaking Aim.

Zen Sphere ... still working on that. Good for soloing though. Popping an extra heal on someone is nice. Elixirs has it's main use in PvP, I believe - others agree?

In an earlier thread: Monk's Versus Raid Mechanics (search for it) bosses were broken down by which talents worked well on what boss, and that's a good place to see what you should be taking where. Diffuse Magic definitely has *more* use in SoO, but definitely not unworthy.

Now ... back to figuring out how to tone down AoE on Garrosh to not be a scumbag windwalker ... ;_;
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    If you don't know when or where a Monk would use Dampen Harm, Chi Burst, or Zen Sphere, that's your problem, not Blizzard's. They have very clear and obvious uses that differentiate them from other talents in their tier.
    Just another day on the MMO-C Monk forums.

Dampen Harm is a phenomenal talent, anything that says otherwise is crazy.

To clarify, I am a Brewmaster Monk currently half way through HC SoO (our team started late), and have found a LOT of uses for Dampen Harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudix View Post
    When i log On my Druid or mage or Many other classes i find Many choices, i really hope they fix This class'!!
    euuuh druid has the same problem several talents are rarely picked.
    but yeah monk has it a bit worse. think they should look at several classes. some have usefull talents for all specs .
    but some have talents that rarely see usage..
    druid example: cenarion ward, force of nature both rarely get taken

Deleted
    Zen Sphere can fuck off, worst talent

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Zen Sphere can fuck off, worst talent
    I've actually found it somewhat useful when kiting adds on H Garrosh. Keeping it on myself provides just that little bit of extra healing so that I can run through a Desecrated Weapon w/o worry of having to poorly time a roll or use EH after getting through it. It certainly doesn't get a lot of use anywhere else.

Perhaps MW should get a huge bonus to Zen Sphere when channeling Soothing Mist or having Renewing Mist on the Zen Sphere target, to give them more single target healing.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    for all who are talkin about zen sphere and dampen crap please go kill some more dragons, i dont care about pve, in pvp U can only take tigers lust, in pvp u can only take healing elixirs and only chi wave and only RJW etc!! for PVP U are some idiot if u take dampen harm because its useless, ALL players in pvp have to take tigers lust. all player have to take chi wave and all have to take healing elixirs AND SO ON! make it like u can go ring of peace or leg sweep, u have a choice, thats what talents are for. make all 3 talents gives freedom and not only tigers lust, but in diffrent ways, diffrent speed etc. and fix power strike ?? it SUCKS! or chi torpedo? wtf? go take a look at other classes talents, all are useful and they improve ur class so much, u have heart of the wild for druids u have natures vigil u have the last one ? all usefull, or mage gets PoM and speeed and cast while moving, 3 good choices, rogue can shadowstep / cloak and dagger or burst of speed all 3 are being USED ! and btw why the fuck would u take dampen harm when u can get more heals from healing elixirs?? in normal fights? every 18 sec u heal u self for 15% if u use any brew which U will do. and if u go below 35% u get auto healing from it, not better than some crap talent?

if u wanna talk about pve plz dont talk about it here.

The Monk Forums seem appropriate in a PvE centered game. Wondering why you lack options? PvP is an afterthought.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mentioned PvE first.

Hey all, so i was thinking if anyone know if blizzard are going to take a look at dampen harm talent? At Chi burst and zen sphere? At all these useless talents that not used om PvP or Pve?
    You want all the talents to be useful in all environments? Healing Elixirs is rarely used in PvE but nearly always used in PvP you say, seems like that's working as intended. You could also very easily use Diffuse Magic in PvP, so being able to use 2 out 3 talents in a tier seems to work pretty well.

Chi Wave is more damage and healing over time but Chi Burst is exactly that, all in one burst.

You mention Mages, but how many mages take Frost Bomb for PvP when LB or NT will do much more damage. Or Rune of Power when there's so much more movement. Seems like you're picking the few 2 or 3 examples to support your opinion but ignoring the 10+ examples of talents that aren't used in PvP or PvE from other classes that don't support your statement.

I like this thread, keep arguing, its fun.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2014-04-10 at 01:50 PM.

Hey all, so i was thinking if anyone know if blizzard are going to take a look at dampen harm talent? At Chi burst and zen sphere? At all these useless talents that not used om PvP or Pve?
    Im getting mixed signals here...

for all who are talkin about zen sphere and dampen crap please go kill some more dragons, i dont care about pve, in pvp U can only take tigers lust, in pvp u can only take healing elixirs and only chi wave and only RJW etc!! for PVP U are some idiot if u take dampen harm because its useless, ALL players in pvp have to take tigers lust. all player have to take chi wave and all have to take healing elixirs AND SO ON! make it like u can go ring of peace or leg sweep, u have a choice, thats what talents are for. make all 3 talents gives freedom and not only tigers lust, but in diffrent ways, diffrent speed etc. and fix power strike ?? it SUCKS! or chi torpedo? wtf? go take a look at other classes talents, all are useful and they improve ur class so much, u have heart of the wild for druids u have natures vigil u have the last one ? all usefull, or mage gets PoM and speeed and cast while moving, 3 good choices, rogue can shadowstep / cloak and dagger or burst of speed all 3 are being USED ! and btw why the fuck would u take dampen harm when u can get more heals from healing elixirs?? in normal fights? every 18 sec u heal u self for 15% if u use any brew which U will do. and if u go below 35% u get auto healing from it, not better than some crap talent?

Oh excuse me, I thought this was the Monk Class Forum, not the PvP forum, my bad.. Oh wait..
    And in your first post, you said talents weren't used in pve or pvp, so you're the one who started talking about pve (at least that's what I think you're talking about, taking a minute to make sure your posts are readable wouldn't hurt you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Total hit it right on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This is why there are so many threads bashing this game, people don't want to have to play Blizzards game, they want Blizzard to make their game.

I'm pretty sure you can use diffuse magic against magic comps to great effect, Xuen does well in 2's double DPS comps, especially when you're facing ranged, and even more so if you actually use his action bar.

The first line you wrote mentioned both PVP and PVE.

Please guys, always think about this: there is one talent tree for all 3 speccs.
    And all these 3 speccs are used in different contexts, may it be raiding, PvP, soloing/levelig etc.
    It is nigh impossible to have 3 good options per row for every specc in every environment.
    I'm happy if I even have 2, but sometimes you dont even have that, but that is okey because talents are situational. PvP does have a few less options, but that is because the incoming damage patterns are more similar (theres no such thing like stackes AoE healing where Chi Burst is good)

I do agree though that Zen Sphere is bad. It is hardly ever better than CW/CB and should be mechanically reworked. Maybe switch the AoE heal from the end/trigger effect to the hot, so you have a weak radiating AoE heal but then buff the <35% explosion to do a decent amount of singletarget healing, making it an actually mattering lifesaver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Please guys, always think about this: there is one talent tree for all 3 speccs.
    And all these 3 speccs are used in different contexts, may it be raiding, PvP, soloing/levelig etc.
    It is nigh impossible to have 3 good options per row for every specc in every environment.
    I'm happy if I even have 2, but sometimes you dont even have that, but that is okey because talents are situational. PvP does have a few less options, but that is because the incoming damage patterns are more similar (theres no such thing like stackes AoE healing where Chi Burst is good)

I do agree though that Zen Sphere is bad. It is hardly ever better than CW/CB and should be mechanically reworked. Maybe switch the AoE heal from the end/trigger effect to the hot, so you have a weak radiating AoE heal but then buff the <35% explosion to do a decent amount of singletarget healing, making it an actually mattering lifesaver.
    ZS does have very specific uses though, when you're more concerned about keeping yourself alive than with doing damage. If a BrM was very concerned with staying alive, keeping ZS on would help more than Chi Wave every 15 seconds would because it's better insurance against getting killed at any given moment. I also use it instead of Chi Burst when healing Thok because negating every 12th roar isn't really needed with two Disc Priests, but getting extra AoE for every 4th roar and making sure specific leather or cloth people without much armor live can be more useful and the extra GCDs aren't all that important since you can't Soothing spam anyways. Its dot also breaks captures in BGs because it's not technically a dot, but instead an effect off of yourself.

Dampen Harm has a ton of uses in both PvE and PvP as it's the only way to reduce physical damage done in that tier. Dampen always reduces at least 30% of max health in damage (50% of at least 10% 3 times), and thus is a better defense against physical burst than Healing Elixirs.

I think Chi Burst is the most obvious, it's the best talent for AoE and for healing and passes Chi Wave at 3 targets healed or damaged.

@OP If you don't want to be treated like a child and actually taken seriously, fix your grammar and spelling (this isn't Facebook or Twitter, you have all of the characters you need), ask about things you're confused with before throwing a fit that they don't work, and don't specifically mention PvE and then get mad when people start talking about PvE uses. That's just general etiquette for posting on online forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    At all these useless talents that not used om PvP or Pve?

k then.