Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation What happened to shadow?

I was checking out raidbots to see how SP fares, not just in this patch, but over a bigger timeline, and... it's even worse than before.
    First of all, why is there a huge gap between the 3 warlock specs and the only DPS spec of a priest?
    We're not even middle of the pack, we're right there with the weirder specs, towards the bottom. I chose 60th percentile to account for the average skilled player.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    60th Percentile?

This is either a very poorly informed poster or a Troll.

No third option.

I logged on just to say Demo dips is better than destro?
    Sorry but i don understand this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    60th

Percentile

aka beyond meaningless

Deleted
    Erm... New term for me, but this means it's not showing the 40% highest dps samples?

Yes, exactly that but it doesn't really mean anything... It's taking into account the negative outliers and not the positive...
    If you wanted to take into account the average player you should've take the info between then 40th and 60th but w/e :P That wouldn't even be correct, it'd just be abit more accurate...still pretty shit though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    it includes previous tiers. remember demo with uvls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butger View Post
    Erm... New term for me, but this means it's not showing the 40% highest dps samples?
    It's like a median of the "top 40%" actually, of people who are being uploaded on WoL.

Feel free to click the image and change that setting, the general data will be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Yes, exactly that but it doesn't really mean anything... It's taking into account the negative outliers and not the positive...
    If you wanted to take into account the average player you should've take the info between then 40th and 60th but w/e :P That wouldn't even be correct, it'd just be abit more accurate...still pretty shit though :P
    I know, but it has no 50 setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    60th

Percentile

aka beyond meaningless
    So only top 100 means something to game balance? OK I get it, you're helpful, THANKS!

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

No the thing is that top60% isn't accurate. You're using all the negative outliers, none of the positive ones. Also you have more people that are doing less than decent playing their class than people doing more than decent. Esp when it's an unfogiving and shit-ish class when done the wrong way :P it doesn't shine when player correctly but atleast it's ok :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

15+ Year Old Account
    Basically shadow got shit on by Blizzard this xpac (again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    So only top 100 means something to game balance? OK I get it, you're helpful, THANKS!

No, that's more inaccurate. I'm sure that would like that to be my opinion so that you can easily write it off.

No the real answer is that both the people who can't play well / are being carried and the people in top end gear who cheese and get lucky are not even close to representative of what a given spec's true ability is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I was checking out raidbots to see how SP fares, not just in this patch, but over a bigger timeline, and... it's even worse than before.
    First of all, why is there a huge gap between the 3 warlock specs and the only DPS spec of a priest?
    We're not even middle of the pack, we're right there with the weirder specs, towards the bottom. I chose 60th percentile to account for the average skilled player.
    So lets see... You're mid pack DPS and you're upset because you're not closer to Warlocks? Please just stop >.< This whole "shadow is terrible" argument is a dead horse beaten into ground meat and then burned into a hockey puck like burger that we have all had crammed down our throats for the past 2 years. You are balanced. Warlocks are an outlier. Get. The. Fuck. Over. It. (I main a Frost DK BTW which happens to be LOWER than SPriest on your little graph...)
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2014-04-11 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there's 4 classes below you, and 1 of them has only 1 dps spec. You're second to last! Congrats! Also this:

"There's a huge conversation to be had about *when* to nerf. Short answer is that nerfing warlocks would also nerf *guilds*. (Celestalon)
    Instead, we think the right call is to leave them until Warlords, then fix them there. We agree that they're too strong now"

Doesn't just go for Warlocks really, so have fun until Warlords with Ret and Shadow being sub par.

Deleted
    Right so people arn't supposed to compared their classes to the top DPS? Sure if the top dps was changing every other patch, but when it's the same retarded class that is top 1 and 2 for almost two years, I say BS. Warlocks were op, SP were more than lacking this Xpack, nothing was done on blizzard side to make MoP any good balance wise. So yeah OP is right to whine about it, because it is complete BS that one class had such dominance for a whole xpack. When classes like shadow have had the worse possible single target DPS ever and on the other side you have a class that already do more than 20% more damage than you AND can do it while moving, it's a time to be mad. But for whatever reason(warlocks not played enough I guess or some other BS blizzard doesn't want to announce) blizzard did nothing, and people like you are ok with it, sickening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    So lets see... You're mid pack DPS and you're upset because you're not closer to Warlocks? Please just stop >.< This whole "shadow is terrible" argument is a dead horse beaten into ground meat and then burned into a hockey puck like burger that we have all had crammed down our throats for the past 2 years. You are balanced. Warlocks are an outlier. Get. The. Fuck. Over. It. (I main a Frost DK BTW which happens to be LOWER than SPriest on your little graph...)
    Not mid, last 4 are tanks, so it's bottom. Besides 3 of 4 classes below shadow priest have alternative dps specs that are above it. That means priest is second worst dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    60th

Percentile

aka beyond meaningless
    This with p<0.001. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand Affl Locks are broken since the beginning of SoO (to say at least) and no measures have been taken, the whole "expansion ended" excuse is bullshit in my opinion.
    No matter how much you try to keep a neutral and calm stance on this matter is hard to ignore the favoritism towards locks and lack of interest towards shadowpriests.

buff prot pally, i mean last?
    Hi Sephurik

*flails with broom at Volitar* Who left the door open?? The troll (shaman) are getting in! SHOO!!

Anyway this is a depressingly ancient topic. We know the situation, we know nothing is being done about it (we've carpet bombed the devs tweets and forums with Shadow buff pleas, which they have acknowledged, and responded to with furious thumb turning).

Signs are looking positive for WoD Shadow, and negative for locks.. that's a plus I guess. At this point the only frustrating thing to do is sit tight and count days til alpha.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Does it matter really? The xpac is all but over and shadow has been middle of the pack all xpac.