Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    What insult did i toss?
    I didn't see any.

Can we now FINALLY stick to the topic of RoF? This offtopic debate is doing nothing to further discussion on the actual topic of the thread.

Deleted
    OK... It seems that no one will bring more light to this theme, so now the second part of question. Where to put it for Blizzard ? Official forums ? Some Dev Twitter or ?

and Thanks to all participants for activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    What insult did i toss?
    Well, "lazy players who click their spells" is making all kinds of assumptions that are incorrect. I'm all for it, but I don't click, and I don't think that having got to 12/14h as Demo I'd regard myself as lazy either.

Honestly though, I think the functionality that's been suggested should probably actually be baseline in the accessibility options for all reticle placed abilities.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-04-14 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    When i look on alpha patch notes for WoD, there is many changes for all classes in "decreasing number of buttons to push" style. Many abilities will be removed etc. Looks like Blizz is trying to make game more comfortable and simple in controlling and understanding of classes and rotations. I was playing lock enough time to enjoy all specs in many variabilities and i must say, this is step to right way. Yes, i love demonology for his using 12 or more spells in right priority system for good dps etc and i love challenge to play class which is more difficult than 4 button pusher. But after many raids i just recognize one thing, i was not so much pissed from wipes like i was pissed when one time missclicked one stupid something which is so much important in my "rotation" ...
    I dont agree with ... point n click is harder than just push button on target. Its just annoying, especialy when is good to use, except base aoe, only when something proc.
    I mean game may be hard coz encounters are hard (many boss abilities, mechanics, adds) not because you must point and click something what is five sec long and had low dmg output. This can be interesting for few raids or BGs but than is changing to boring and annoiyng (for me sure)
    Nice possibility i mean will be like for Paladins Consecration or Druid mushroom. Cast on self position (why not, its seems to funny for me jump near tank and start rain and run back before trash or boss cleave your ass) Better just push button and start it on target which i have.

There is no way they would made Rain of Fire follow target you cast it on, and having it cast on target means you can't preplace it, nevermind having it hit targets which it otherwise couldn't (Mageara). Consecration can by MAJOR glyphed to be castable where you want, it's a blessing you can do that, fact that people want it the other way is irrational to me. Every sane druid uses targetable mushrooms too.

Deleted
    I know and agree with what you say about pala and druid. Point of it was...they have chance to change how they use their spells, on taget, on self etc. For me is not problem to have major glyph for RoF like for Cons. why not. And yes, preplacing of RoF is good but, still is too short so i dont see too much benefit from it except some few special situation. Btw target following RoF is nice imagine, but enough for me can be stationar spelleffect with center on place where was my target right in time when i push button
    Last edited by mmoc5ba8ba21fd; 2014-04-15 at 10:40 AM.

Personally I wouldn't glyph RoF to just land on a target, though I have no problem with it existing. On the other hand I would like to see either an interface option or perhaps a macro line to get rid of the two stage arming process for all placed spells. I know how big a RoF is so I am not sitting around re-positioning the thing its keybind and click back to back. I would like to just be able to drop the thing on the cursor with just the keybind. The mouse click is nothing but a nuisance and doesn't add or detract "skill". Though for whatever reason blizzard can't or wont do this, so I guess a glyph is the best option for those it bothers enough.

None of the other options strike me as a good idea. An increased duration limits its usefulness since it would be balanced around this and either do the same damage slower thus being at more risk of moving targets, or its mana cost would have to be even higher. Alternatively its duration could not decrease with haste and be treated like a dot rather than a channel however this has negative scaling implications where it would gain damage with haste.

Deleted
    Obsidian9 - I asked Watcher about that, so we will see what will be the Answer. I will repost it here, when it comes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    The spell is perfect as is. It allows you to place it exactly where you want, you can have multiple of them at the same time without requiring targets and it adds a li'l level of complexity while AoE'ing. I wouldn't change it in the slightest.
    I agree, I can't find anything wrong with the current RoF
    Lock rocks, made to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    or even better, autocast RoF on your FnB target, additional to your standard RoF spell
    Lol, let's also make chaos bolt auto cast when you have a trinket proc and apply havoc to everything in the instance and give it 10 charges.

As so many others have mentioned the way RoF currently is allows you to preemptively place your aoe for where adds may spawn or converge making it more useful. I can not see changing it, then requiring a glyph to have it perform as it currently does. However, I can understand the perspective of a clicker or perhaps someone playing on a laptop with a trackpad that it is can sometimes be annoying trying to use a trackpad at times. Because of this perspective, offering the glyph to target current targets or at a set destination would be a nice compromise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Lol, let's also make chaos bolt auto cast when you have a trinket proc and apply havoc to everything in the instance and give it 10 charges.
    So you want to compare chaosbolt and havoc with the annoying RoF placement, just because you can´t find a REAL reason to make fun of my suggestion?

So you want to compare chaosbolt and havoc with the annoying RoF placement, just because you can´t find a REAL reason to make fun of my suggestion?
    No need to get all defensive... It's really not that big of an issue to place down RoF :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    No need to get all defensive... It's really not that big of an issue to place down RoF :/
    no need to get that offensive...
    It´s not a big issue, but something that can and shall be fixed. It´s nothing that make it any more difficult or fun to play destro. Rain of Fire just feels like an remaining spell of the "old & outdated" warlock design for me. I´d rather have 3-4 more autotarget AoE spells in my rota then this annoying crap.

The one thing I don't feel like we need as Destro is more AoE options.

no need to get that offensive...
    It´s not a big issue, but something that can and shall be fixed. It´s nothing that make it any more difficult or fun to play destro. Rain of Fire just feels like an remaining spell of the "old & outdated" warlock design for me. I´d rather have 3-4 more autotarget AoE spells in my rota then this annoying crap.
    Fair enough, to me destruction's AoE toolkit feels slightly lacking (which is why I really love Demo for cleaving), and the fact that RoF is only useful for ember regeneration is meh at best. Apologies for coming off as an a** before.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-07-13 at 03:42 PM.

I don't want them looking into our AoE, at all.

WTB FnB Fel Flame.

Having it centred on a target just seems lazy.
    Also completely ignoring the benefit of having it placed arbitrarily, in being able to do damage to something about to enter an area or to determine IF there is something stealthed in the area (PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by killmatik View Post
    I wouldn't actually immediatly neglect this idea. You make it into a major glyph. Your Rain of Fire lands on your current target, but you can only have one up at a time. You lose the ability to set up more than one and the flexibility of putting it where you want, but you lose the mouse movement and the click. Could maybe be a decent idea?
    I agree, as an outright change it shouldn't happen but as a glyph with some drawbacks for the almost passive nature then it may have potential.
    Not unlike the idea of how active vs passive glyphs or talents are meant to work.
    Actives ones are likely to perform better when executed well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    id rather they spend more time making afflic less retarded in WoD with all its shard usage than them wasting time implementing a glyph like this but thats just me, as some1 said, its not like putting down RoF is difficult.