Monitor? problems

Recently I noted some black bars apperead on the monitor. The biggest of them all is on top. The red line on the photo sorta shows the plastic edge. The mouse cursor doesn't go beyond that black thing and when I try autosettings on the monitor or manual scaling - the picture goes under the black bar. Same thing at the bottom of the screen, thought the black bar there is a lot thinner than the one on the top. Similar thinner lines are on the left and right sides as well. So what could this be, a monitor issue? Should I return it? It was bought less than a month ago.
    The monitor is Samsung S23C650D, analog cable (tried with dvi - the same thing persists). Video card is ATI Radeon R9 270x

If its less than a month old just go exchange it for another one and see if its any different. But my guess is its normal on that monitor. Even my work monitors here have a small black edge between the actual display area and the bezel. They're Samsungs too.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check in Catalyst Control Center for overscan. Even if it's at 0%, move the slider and then put it back to 0%. I see this effect fairly often on my AMD GPU setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    If its less than a month old just go exchange it for another one and see if its any different. But my guess is its normal on that monitor. Even my work monitors here have a small black edge between the actual display area and the bezel. They're Samsungs too.
    Really? That's odd. Kinda weird feature do you know why they make them like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Check in Catalyst Control Center for overscan. Even if it's at 0%, move the slider and then put it back to 0%. I see this effect fairly often on my AMD GPU setups.
    For some reason I don't have the slider option. There's a "turn on the GPU scaling" one but when I turn it on nothing changes, no new options appear and the screen remains the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    For some reason I don't have the slider option. There's a "turn on the GPU scaling" one but when I turn it on nothing changes, no new options appear and the screen remains the same.
    I don't have access to CCC at the moment. If nobody else gets to it, I'll try to find it when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Really? That's odd. Kinda weird feature do you know why they make them like that?
    No idea, I never even noticed it until this thread and looked closer.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.