Deleted

Oscar Pistorius trial

I'm surprised there's no thread on the ongoing trial of Oscar Pistorius for shooting his girlfriend; maybe I've missed it, but as far as I can make out, there was a thread at the time of the shooting but that was a year ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ots-girlfriend

Has anyone else been following the trial? The media reporting has tended to focus on the emotional side of the testimony (the gory photos, Oscar crying or vomiting). But listening to the facts as presented, the defence doesn't seem very plausible.

One is implausible point is Reeva's silence. There seem to be so many points during Oscar's story when you'd expect Reeva to have said something, it's hard to believe he could have shot into the toilet without knowing she, not an intruder, was in it. For example, he asked her to get down and phone the police before going to the bathroom, he shouted at the person in the toilet etc.

Another point lacking credibility is Oscar claiming the shooting was accident - he didn't mean to shoot anyone. One shot could perhaps be an accident. But three shots? He surely meant to shoot somebody.

I can see someone, just woken up, shooting a loved one thinking them an intruder due to a sleep-befuddled state. But that's not the story Oscar's telling.

Yeah we have a whole channel on TV dedicated to this, I get the midday wrap up before lunch every day and I must say so far I don't think he is doing well. He seems to be having a lot of problems just giving answers to basic questions which kind of leads people to think he is trying to fabricate a defense.

Right now it looks like he is trying to walk away from this, but really if you shoot someone without ever identifying them then it is manslaughter at the very least. I think if that is what he is really trying to do it was a mistake.

Oh that photo of Reeva - kind of came off as rather rough, the prosecution guy is being pretty brutal.

If he's not guilty of murder, he's guilty of causing death by gross incompetence.