Poll: Shouting at your raidmembers, should the raid tolerate this or not?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i always cry when people yell at me, cause i'm like 11.

You know if you deserved it or not, we don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the raid leader for my guild for all of Cataclysm (cleared all content on normal - we're very casual) and the beginning of Mists (before I burned out) and I would NEVER yell at my team. I would yell and cuss and get angry, and then I would push my talk button for Vent and calmly point out any errors from the last wipe and what should be done to correct them. I only recently told our guild leader about that. We really only had one guy that I could have yelled at, but he was an alcoholic who played so drunk that he screwed up too much. Funny thing, after he was told he'd be kicked from the guild if he played drunk in a raid again he quit drinking and it turns out that sober he's a freak'n great player.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Okay, if it was merely a Flex raid, with half of it being PuG even, I believe he went way overboard. If he keeps acting like that, then I suggest finding another guild, because there is absolutely no justification getting angry like that in a Flex raid with half randoms. You've gotta expect some fails then.

And hell, if you went several seconds without heals, with cooldowns popped, and died, I'd certainly say that's the healers' fault.

I'd almost say the higher "rank" you are in raiding, the more likely it is that you act like that.

I very, very rarely ever met anyone raiding high up, that weren't dicks or otherwise had very bad attitudes.

It's actually kind of ironic that people who are that upset about "losing" would bother with something where you lose (wipe) that many times.
    then you haven't seen, heard, or raided with many ppl high up. There are TONS of people in the game that are just average players that are dicks and have bad attitudes. How "high up" you raid has zero to do with if you're a dick or not. Trade is a great example. LFR, dungeons, forums, etc. People want to think that the ones "high up" are the ones with the negative traits. But it's all too convenient. And not true.

Pretty much boils down to whether it is a guild/pre-organized group, or a PuG, In an organized group/guild it is totally acceptable, i've done it and so how many other people, it works. I my guild this happens like once a month at the most, and is literally only 1 outburst, and then people usually shape-up or are replaced.

In a PuG however, it is totally not acceptable. I have never reacted angrily to the failure of a PuG, doing so is just silly, and is bad-form, a PuG should be fairly relaxed and everyone should understand that we may or may not complete what we set out to accomplish. After some continuous wipes in pugs on things I've killed already, whether it be old content or current-tier I just let the raid know that we have X more pulls before I will step out, and they can continue without me or not. A PuG should never end up in shouting, because you can always step out, by definition there is no lasting commitment in a PuG, so you can't expect perfection, and you shouldn't stay if you are unhappy with the performance of the group. If 1 person is the problem, they can always be replaced, but it needs to be done with a calm and collected attitude.