Thread: Monk glyph idea

Deleted

Monk glyph idea

I think it would be cool for monks to a have a glyph that makes it so that all fist and kick animations use your weapon instead. I just dont like punching rather than chopping things up with my weapon. How about you guys?

Mod-note: Moved the thread to the Monk forum, it will fit well there.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-10 at 04:24 PM.

I think monks should have a glyph that calls for hozen monks to help you instead of splitting you into elemental spirits with storm earth and fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be nice to have the option

but blizzard are lazy as shit, so i doubt it would happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    I wouldn't call them lazy as shit when they are working on multiple games and multiple expansions at one time. Just because they are prioritizing other things than a visual glyph that would get lost in the deluge of visual effects doesn't make them lazy.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    But still... it is literally the thing that is stopping me from playing monks, and maybe some other animation related features

- - - Updated - - -

But in terms of warcarft 3 it kind of makes sense for the storm earth and fire thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    it would be nice to have the option

ah the good ol' argument of "They are not making things as shiny as i picture them therefore they are lazy" argument. You really gotta love how simpleminded and inconsiderate people can be. It's amazing how 15$ that they pay mounts them on their high horse and think they are the high and mighty and wants blizzard to bow down before the paying customer.

Isn't the flavor of monks that of being a bare-handed fighter? Hence the jab animation being the only one that uses weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanda View Post
    I think it would be cool for monks to a have a glyph that makes it so that all fist and kick animations use your weapon instead. I just dont like punching rather than chopping things up with my weapon. How about you guys?

Mod-note: Moved the thread to the Monk forum, it will fit well there.
    Um, roll a rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Um, roll a rogue?
    cause that helpful.

OT: Id like to see the weapsa too - but it wouldnt make much sense unless the weapons are adhered to their legs cause of all the kicking lolol
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Isn't the flavor of monks that of being a bare-handed fighter? Hence the jab animation being the only one that uses weapons?
    Well, not really. Take a look at the MOP cinematic trailer. The monk never fights with his fists. I understand that a lot of people like their monks to be kung fu style fighters, thats why I wanted a glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Um, roll a rogue?
    This really isnt a good comment. Why do I have to change all my abilities completely just so I have tweak one thing. You can always improve a class to be better for a wider audience

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This really isnt a good comment. Why do I have to change all my abilities completely just so I have tweak one thing. You can always improve a class to be better for a wider audience
    Well you did say that it is stopping you from playing a monk.

But still... it is literally the thing that is stopping me from playing monks, and maybe some other animation related features
    So if you're not playing a monk then there is no switch to make and the rogue has what you're looking for. If you enjoy all the other aspects of the class but forsake it bc of the lack of weapon animations then I find that view to be very interesting.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

You said you liked weapon attack animations. Rogues are the closest thing to a melee monk, and they even have a kicking ability.

You didn't say that the monk abilities were what you enjoyed. You said you weren't playing one because you didn't like the bare-handed attack animation.

My suggestion was serious, albeit blunt. I really didn't ask for your opinion of my comment. Don't start a thread complaining about a minuscule aspect of the game and then try to rebuke someone with a legitimate suggestion.

The point of the monk is to punch and kick things. We already have Warriors, Pallys, and Rogues if you want to use melee weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aafron View Post
    The point of the monk is to punch and kick things. We already have Warriors, Pallys, and Rogues if you want to use melee weapons.
    But that really isnt the point of monks, even in the MoP cinematic trailer Chen is fighting with his staff. I hate rouge's abilities, pallys are nothing to do with that cool quick fighting feel (and they cant be pandaren) and finally warriors feel completely different for me. All I want is one small and easy to put in glyph.

But that really isnt the point of monks, even in the MoP cinematic trailer Chen is fighting with his staff. I hate rouge's abilities, pallys are nothing to do with that cool quick fighting feel (and they cant be pandaren) and finally warriors feel completely different for me. All I want is one small and easy to put in glyph.
    There has been at least one tweet or blue post, can't remember which, that addressed this issue. They said that they thought it was a good idea, but the amount of programming time to actually make it happen wasn't something they were willing to commit to. If you're not willing to play monk because of one minor cosmetic issue, then don't play it. The glyph won't happen anytime soon.

Actually at least for fist weapons it is being worked on, possibly more.