Garrosh h comp question

Hey everyone, we got to garrosh for the 2nd time, and now we are extending untill we kill him. We have a medium size roaster, so we can try a lot of setups. Since the intermission phases are the worst, what comp would be ideal for us? Remembering that all of us have around 573 and 577il.

Tanks:
    Pally prot
    Druid Guardian (have a geared frost DK as well).
    Dk Blood

Healers:

Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shammy
    Holy Pally

DPS:

Mage Fire
    2 survival hunters
    Moonkin (have a geared druid guardian as well).
    Shaman Enhance (have a 567 rogue as well)
    Warlock
    Dk frost (the same player of the druid guardian listed in the tanks list)
    Shadow Priest

We also have a fury war and an elemental shammy, but they are not playing that much right now, thats why they are not in the list.
    Thanks in advance for any tips that we can have

1 Tank 2 healers will make fight much faster and with enough dps you can skip T2.
    So for that setup I would go for Prot pally tank ( Devo Aura + good selfhealing and dps), healers Resto shammy and disc or holy pala ( both have good HPS and CD's they can throw at tank (2xSac/PS) and raid (Buble/Devo). In PH 2 tank will need some external CD's once he reach 9-11 stacks and Whirlwind is about to hit. Also pala has edge vs guardian druid cause he can reduce alot of Shadow dmg from stacks ( Hand of Purity and Divine Protection- DP is better with 50% US and CDR trinket)
    That leaves you with 7 slots for dps which means you can take all of the dps in. If you have to chose between some I would aim for balance between hybrids and pure. So you have enough raid CD's.
    If T1 is giving you problems try spliting into 3 groups if you aren't already doing that. And as said if you have enough dps you can skip T2 if not you should enter T2 sub 20% which means you can afk T2 and you'll start boss at around 35% once you get out of T2 or you can do T2 normaly, all depends how well you can handle it.

Deleted
    You should probably drop one of your hunters and the shadow priest and bring in the ele and the fury warrior.

Reason to swap the shadow priest out is because is that shadow is very weak, especially on this fight. Ele shaman can basically do everything a shadow can but in much bigger numbers and more mobility.

Fury warriors bring just around as much damage as a hunter but they have CDs that can keep the raid from dying to empowered whirl which is essential.

Deleted
    I'd say
    Prot Pala
    Disc
    R Shaman
    Warlock
    Mage
    Hunter x2
    Moonkin
    DK frost

If you can do it in 1 Intermission, use the enh shaman if you can't use the other tank.

Locks and hunters are very good for T1, disc priests as well(holy pallys bring a lot of CC though). If you are splitting into 5 grps ele shaman/hunters are very good to send to the back, I save my Spirit Walkers Grace and can get off 4-6 CL's before I get to my set of adds(depending on whether you have druid roar/sprint).

You just have to balance dmg output vs stuns/interupts.

______________________________________________________________________________________
    I am Çhubathingy of <Royal Militia> on KT - 14/14H, US22nd 10m, we are recruiting all classes for WoD!

Biggest question - horde or alliance? If horde, how many are taurens/blood elfs?

I would agree with others 1 tank 2 heal.

Tank = Prot paladin edges out in cooldowns and utility.
    Heals = Resto shaman + disc priest. Disc priest can atone the entire time, and the shaman should have 0 problems with whirls. If he does, disc priest can add spirit shell (should halo every one as well). A holy paladin is pretty good too here but IMO shaman outclass them on this fight

DPS = 2 Hunters (can easily do malice 4 soak + move out if you do the desecrate 3 ranged thing with the disc priest and are pretty good choices on the engineer).
    Enhance shaman (if you ask him to time his guidance with novas (p1) or ascendance, it can be very strong. HTT kinda blows for enhance but still worth it for a whirlwind as a light cooldown).
    Warlock = for ridiculous DPS
    DK Frost = For AMZ at multiple points + gorefiend grasph for phase 1. With the priest (tendril) + gorefriends, the 2nd add set should pose 0 threat to anyone in the raid group.
    Moonkin = for a HOW tranq
    SPriest = another raid cooldown. Though a mage would probably outdps a similarily geared spriest on this fight. I just don't see much utility in the mage considering everything else (malice soaks, engineers, 3 person stand out for desecrate) is already taken. Up to you here. Choose what you need

First phase should be incredibly easy because you have a dk / priest combo. 2nd phase, you have a billion cooldowns in the group so I won't even go into it. 3rd phase, similar things. 4th phase, you have good soaks for malice 4.

As for transition, with the group I suggested, we personally split into 5 groups. Some people do 3 groups which works just as well. Either way, once you perfect it, you will be able to push the mobs with garrosh only at 18-22 energy (Trust me, it seems impossible at first, but it becomes easy after many wipes).

If you do the 5 person split, this would be my personal way to do it.

Disc priest + prot paladin front right (he should have the vengenace to destroy them, along with rebuke / hoj / knockdown + the disc priest's halo and damage. If hes a BE, then add in arcane torrent).

Front left = DK frost / warlock. You have only really a shadowfury here, but DKs burst these adds hard if they save their stuff and you have enough individual interrupts.

Middle group = Enhance shaman + resto shaman. R Shaman does not waste cap here. Give symbiosis to the enhance shaman. Let enhance shaman then do double cap + solar beam. By the time the beam comes up, the front groups should be done to help the last 1 add.

Back left = Hunter + mage + resto shaman dropping a cap totem (though resto shaman helps enhance in the middle). With cap + binding, 0 issues

Back right = Hunter + moonkin = with binding + solar beam, 0 issues.

Anyhow, everyone will have their own way, this is just one idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Biggest question - horde or alliance? If horde, how many are taurens/blood elfs?
    Horde. Sadly, 2 Belfs (frost dk + prot pally), 0 Tauren!

- - - Updated - - -

Due to Easter Holidays coming, we were trying this comp yesterday:

Tank: Prot Paladin
    Healers: Disc + R.Shammy
    DPS: Surv Hunter, Frost DK, Unholy DK, S.Priest, Fire Mage, Destru Lock, Enh. Shammy.

Engineers: S.Priest + Hunter
    Both healers are staying @ melee while DPS move out to drop Desecrates. Could work on that (make healers + 1 dps move) if we get to control a bit more the 2nd add pack.

For unknow reasons, 2nd adds on P1 were just ignoring the Tendrils (poping it after the Fixates)... Some stood there for like 2-3 secs and just run back to the raid. Other than that, P1 is almost 100%. We still have some wipes to adds 1-2 shotting some players but we'r working on it.

I'm the disc priest btw: On T1 I'm now poping Mindbender (lots of mana i'd lose but a gain bit more damage) + Halo close to the middle of the room, so it hits the 3 packs in the back. While I feel DS would bring more heal over the fight, Halo is doing INSANE damage on those adds so I think I'll keep it. Any other tips on a Disc Pov would be great!

Got to p3 once. Just a matter of time now I believe.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Have the Warlock do the engineer. They can still blow a CD and nuke the adds before going to kill the engineer in one or two lolchaosbolts.