Thread: Feral in WoD

Talking Feral in WoD

I guess it is really to early to talk about new talent, glyphs, perks... The survivability and damage output cannot be seen only looking at changes in our class but it depends mostly on the changes for all other classes of course.
    Considering pvp, during Pandaria expansion the feral was (and actually is) long enough a very weak class compared to others. Now just looking at worldofwargraphs, our beloved kitty was/is always at the bottom of the chart of the classes chosen and played in pvp (arena, rbg ...). Ok may be just as fc from 5.6... Not to mention at beginning of pandaria we had such a low damage, so low that they had to increase it a consistently each new coming patch (i.e. ravage from 750 again back to 950 damage).
    I really hope that in WoD, blizzard will take this in consideration and make our class a little more competitive and easy to play just from beginning. And I wish that our class may stand a chanche vs other classes even in solo (i.e. unholy dk with conversion talent... just ridicolous .... infinite healing). I wish to read in trade chat "lf feral rbg and go" or "lf feral 2s arena"...
    2 many wishes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duskpanther View Post
    I guess it is really to early to talk about new talent, glyphs, perks... The survivability and damage output cannot be seen only looking at changes in our class but it depends mostly on the changes for all other classes of course.
    Welcome to MMO-Champ, I see that it's your first post! Also, I believe that it is never too early to talk Feral.
    However, I do agree that it's hard to yet see what our spec will hold and what part we'll play in WoD.

Considering pvp, during Pandaria expansion the feral was (and actually is) long enough a very weak class compared to others. Now just looking at worldofwargraphs, our beloved kitty was/is always at the bottom of the chart of the classes chosen and played in pvp (arena, rbg ...). Ok may be just as fc from 5.6... Not to mention at beginning of pandaria we had such a low damage, so low that they had to increase it a consistently each new coming patch (i.e. ravage from 750 again back to 950 damage).
    We were quite strong when we had PS cyclone + treant stun going, but when they took everything away we got pigeonholed into being a damage bot only running Kittycleave-like comps in Arena. Won't comment on RBG since only DK and perhaps rogue for bomb or warrior for burst is taken as melee. Won't comment on Guardian either since that's a different spec.

I really hope that in WoD, blizzard will take this in consideration and make our class a little more competitive and easy to play just from beginning. And I wish that our class may stand a chanche vs other classes even in solo (i.e. unholy dk with conversion talent... just ridicolous .... infinite healing). I wish to read in trade chat "lf feral rbg and go" or "lf feral 2s arena"...
    2 many wishes ?
    Well, I'd say we're actually looking very very strong if things go live as is. However, it seems like all classes have abilities and mechanics that seem ludicrous if things were to go live, like hunter camo healing in surv spec, the dk necro + self heal thing, etc. I have a feeling (and hope) each class will get a major retune before they're thrown into WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Welcome to MMO-Champ, I see that it's your first post! Also, I believe that it is never too early to talk Feral.
    However, I do agree that it's hard to yet see what our spec will hold and what part we'll play in WoD.

We were quite strong when we had PS cyclone + treant stun going, but when they took everything away we got pigeonholed into being a damage bot only running Kittycleave-like comps in Arena. Won't comment on RBG since only DK and perhaps rogue for bomb or warrior for burst is taken as melee. Won't comment on Guardian either since that's a different spec.

Well, I'd say we're actually looking very very strong if things go live as is. However, it seems like all classes have abilities and mechanics that seem ludicrous if things were to go live, like hunter camo healing in surv spec, the dk necro + self heal thing, etc. I have a feeling (and hope) each class will get a major retune before they're thrown into WoD.
    I'd say Feral is looking very boring if there aren't some huge changes from Alpha to Beta. However we may not be any worse off than other classes, I haven't bothered to look since it's either Feral or nothing for me.

Deleted
    If this talent making SR passive will got past the alpha/beta i guess and with removal of mangle (mangle and shred merge and removal of position requirement for it is true the rotation will indeed be very very simple but is it bad ? 2 bleeds to keep up and spam shred untill sub 20% and spam FB. Well it will be much easier to play cat, almost ret paladin like but i think its ok change no more "worst rotation ever" . Feral still is hit by bosses with a lot of swaping. Overall i think it will be good change.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post
    If this talent making SR passive will got past the alpha/beta i guess and with removal of mangle (mangle and shred merge and removal of position requirement for it is true the rotation will indeed be very very simple but is it bad ? 2 bleeds to keep up and spam shred untill sub 20% and spam FB. Well it will be much easier to play cat, almost ret paladin like but i think its ok change no more "worst rotation ever" . Feral still is hit by bosses with a lot of swaping. Overall i think it will be good change.
    For now in the alpha combo points will stick on the Feral instead of on the target so swapping will hurt much less.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I'd say Feral is looking very boring if there aren't some huge changes from Alpha to Beta. However we may not be any worse off than other classes, I haven't bothered to look since it's either Feral or nothing for me.
    True. Boring, but strong. From a PvP perspective I'm quite happy because we can compete better, but I do want us to retain what makes us Feral: the spec being complex and fun.