Poll: What chopper will you vote for?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yes but horde in general has more players that are more invested into the game
    the vote is pretty much decided already anyway baring some miracle
    That's hardly the Hordes fault, and I doubt it to be the case anyway. In case you haven't noticed, the Alliance are quite vocal on this and the official forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What does that really mean though? There's no telling what those stats are based off of. It's hard to believe that there are more active level 90 Allys than Horde.
    The official info was released just a couple months ago by Blizzard themselves, or you can check the 90 stats on realmpop themselves, the data should be pretty accurate.

http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Hmmm, looks like I was wrong, while the split is still in favour of the Alliance at 90, it's only about 51.5% to 48.5% on average. Still the split is pretty even, so any complaints about favouritism can be dismissed as nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
    Says US is 39.4% horde and 60.3 Alliance not sure where the other .3 went but meh. That and where did they say being level 90 is a prerequisite?
    You sure you are looking at the right graph?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still say that this is a HORRIBLE idea.

No matter which side wins, if the split is 20/80, 70/30, or 50.1/49.9, you are going to piss off a pretty big chunk of the population that didn't get a mount out of this.

Blizzzard SERIOUSLY needs to rethink giving only the winning side this mount, and surely they will, or have already.

- - - Updated - - -

But, I loved the 'American Choppers' show, if only for the sick bikes they turned out. But, then, I love sculpture, so it was always right up my alley.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance players should either not vote or vote for horde. Otherwise it'll be embarrassing if alliance players go into this thinking they have a chance at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What does that really mean though? There's no telling what those stats are based off of. It's hard to believe that there are more active level 90 Allys than Horde.
    There is no data on active 90s. There's just data on overall characters.

In addition to that, there's no data on players with characters on both factions and which faction they actually prefer. The overall population numbers are so close that it's not really a significant difference. And, even if we had 100% correct numbers on active players and know which faction they prefer we still wouldn't have an accurate idea of the outcome because not everyone would vote.

Faction pride will be what wins this, not population.

This is probably the worst idea they've ever had.

Deleted
    Something smells fishy at Blizzard. I'm actually worried.

Crithto ‏@CM_Crithto 8h
    @SamSykesSwears We're reading the feedback, always do. =)

PEOPLE! They are watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I doubt it's rigged, but I have no doubt that the horde will win.
    Of course its rigged. WoD is a Horde expansion. So they are going have a Horde bike for the Horde expansion. The thing that sucks is that while one side gets a mount, the other gets squat. It seems that Blizzard likes to alienate half (over half, technically) its paying customers on a regular basis.

Wow, the votes are surprisingly evenly split.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Of course its rigged. WoD is a Horde expansion. So they are going have a Horde bike for the Horde expansion. The thing that sucks is that while one side gets a mount, the other gets squat. It seems that Blizzard likes to alienate half (over half, technically) its paying customers on a regular basis.
    Yes, clearly it's rigged and not due to the defeatist attitude that almost every single alliance player shows in this thread - despite having a minor advantage in pure numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    If you fellow Alliance people feel like Blizzard has been unfair to the Alliance you have more of a reason to vote than the Horde. Vote for the Alliance and show Blizzard that there are still players who will stand up for their faction no matter what happens to it. If you simply give up and accept defeat the devs will think, and maybe rightly so, that they can get away with the mistreatment of half of their player base.
    If you want results you need to be ready to vote for the Alliance and stop caring about the fairness of this poll. Yes, it's a Horde vs Ally poll and not a poll to determine the best bike, but so what? Let's get off our asses and win this so we can get our choppers!
    Last edited by mmocae49c451bc; 2014-04-12 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Also, funny how the series is set to run from 4/17 to sometime after 5/29...and Wildstar comes out on June 4. Is the final episode with mount reveal Blizzard's response to Wildstar's release? LOL
    No I believe 6.0 will be Blizzards answer to Wildstar.

As far as this contest is concerned. It is not going to end well. You can't only reward half your player base. Most of us know damn well a horde inspired chopper is going to be far more bad ass to look at then a alliance chopper. So I will go on record saying I will support my faction but I know the horde is going to win this one unless the design is just horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    No I believe 6.0 will be Blizzards answer to Wildstar.

As far as this contest is concerned. It is not going to end well. You can't only reward half your player base. Most of us know damn well a horde inspired chopper is going to be far more bad ass to look at then a alliance chopper. So I will go on record saying I will support my faction but I know the horde is going to win this one unless the design is just horrible.
    What if we get a badass Gilnean themed goth chopper, it can be black with the orange Gilnean symbol and some really nice leather on it and...
    A worgen can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganathar View Post
    What if we get a badass Gilnean themed goth chopper, it can be black with the orange Gilnean symbol and some really nice leather on it and...
    A worgen can dream, right?
    While part of the Alliance and yes it might be cool it doesn't represent the Alliance as a whole. These are going to be faction inspired not specific race inspired. That is what I believe anyway. Guess we will see more once the series is under way. We can only speculate on that.

Welll it's whoever is more vocal we have around the same amount of horde and alliance toons. Stating the obvious i know.

Having Metzen lead the Alliance team is rather like having Vladmir Putin as the design lead of a Ronald Regan memorial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    While part of the Alliance and yes it might be cool it doesn't represent the Alliance as a whole. These are going to be faction inspired not specific race inspired. That is what I believe anyway. Guess we will see more once the series is under way. We can only speculate on that.
    Yup, they will be faction themed which is why I talked about dreaming. But making a blue and gold chopper with a lion on it would be a bit redundant since we already have mechgineer's chopper, I seriously hope they manage to make the chopper somehow different and more interesting.
    Also, many alliance fans, especially the draenei and night elves, would argue that the lion with the blue and gold colors is not faction inspired but more Stormwind inspired.

Here is a very good post from the US forums about the situation.

Chopper Crew: We are going with a red and black tribal with fancy little trinkets and spikes. Sound good?

Horde: Yes!

Chopper Crew: And we are going with a Blue and Gold theme with the Alliance with lots of filagrees. Sound good?

Humans: Sounds goo-

Night Elves: No! Silver!

Draenei: Matte silver!

Night Elves: Yeah! Matte silver!

Chopper Crew: Ok... matte sil-

Dwarves: IRON! Weathered and beaten Iron!

Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark weathered and beaten iron!

Gnomes: Micro polished electroplated anodized chrome brass alloy!

Chopper Crew: What...?

Gnomes: This color! *Throws Gear*

Chopper Crew .... And the Filagree?

Humans/Night Elves: Yes!

Gnomes/Dwarves: No Bolts!

Worgen: Buckles!

Draenei: Small cryptic text?

Chopper Crew: I think we can work something out... Anything else?

Dwarves/Night Elves: Feathers!

Draenei/Humans: Jewels!

Worgen/Gnomes: Levers!

Humans: Lions!

Night Elves: Owls!

Dwarves: GRYPHONS!!!!!

Gnomes: Electromagnetic hydro flange!

Worgen: Leather!

Dwarves: Molten Metal!

Draenei: Can it float?

Humans: Any room for stone fortifications?

Dwarves: Bolts!

Humans: Blue!

Night Elves: Purple!

Draenei: Are we still looking into the matte silver?

Dwarves: Bronze!

Gnomes: Electro-Coils!

Dwarves: BEER!

Worgen: Lots of luggage!

Dwarves; Beer!!!

Gnome: Spinners!

Draenei: Can it glow?

Chopper Crew: 0_0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What is changed? I can't see a single thing is changed..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I'm going to vote for whichever one looks the best, and then use it on that faction character/s. Seeing as I have a level 90 horde char as well as my main Alliance 90s I win either way. No complaining for me. I very rarely use my original chopper anyway, although that might change when we are ground based again and I give my friends a lift around.

So hopefully the new chopper will also be a 2/3 person mount.