Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible explanation why the Aspects gave up their powers?

Okay so each of the aspects were given their duties and their powers by Titans.

Nozdormu - Aman'thul
    Alexstrasza and Ysera - Eonar
    Malygos - Norgannon
    Neltharion (Deathwing) - Khaz'goroth

I think that it's possible that there is a lot going on between the titans, trying to fend off the evils of the universe, mainly Sargeras and his Burning Legion. Maybe the titans said that once they fulfilled their purpose they were to give the powers bestowed upon them back so that the titans can stand stronger against Sargeras and other evils? What do you guys think?

Deleted
    It was pretty clear, they gave up their powers to stop Deathwing and the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They gave up they powers so we can have our annual "Now, its age of MORTALS !!!"fest. Was suprised that after garrosh used power of god against us, noone mentioned that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They gave up they powers so we can have our annual "Now, its age of MORTALS !!!"fest. Was suprised that after garrosh used power of god against us, noone mentioned that.
    Aspects declaring the "Age of Mortals," was so Blizzard had an excuse to not write anything for Velen to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Aspects declaring the "Age of Mortals," was so Blizzard had an excuse to not write anything for Velen to do.
    And that makes me wonder. Will velen declare another age of mortals before he bites a dust ? And touch Yrel's belly to seal her fate as token wife ?

I think they kinda spent themselves trying to take out Deathwing. It wasn't so much they gave up their powers as they exhausted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Not like they kinda gave us a similar message in Warcraft 3 or anything.
    Medivh:"The roots will heal in time... as will the entire world. The sacrifices have been made. Just as the orcs, humans, and night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe, so did Nature herself rise up to banish the Shadow...forever. As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed Guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place...amongst the legends of the past."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I think they kinda spent themselves trying to take out Deathwing. It wasn't so much they gave up their powers as they exhausted them.
    No, they pretty much gave the powers, that's how the Dragon Soul works.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't think this was something that was up for interpretation. They gave up the powers of the Dragon Aspects in order to stop a Dragon Aspect. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It was pretty clear, they gave up their powers to stop Deathwing and the Old Gods.
    you are only half right, the aspects gave up their powers to defeat deathwing. The old gods did nothing during the final fight, it was all Deathwing in his corrupted, falling apart form.

What makes it even more funny is that Alextrazsa says "The champions who fought at our side assured the survival of our world. But now, we must see it with mortal eyes. We dragon aspects have fulfilled our great purpose, and our ancient power is expended."

What i found amusing was that meant that the aspect's "great purpose" was to destroy one of their own, and Deathwing's purpose was...? The titans grand plan looks rather silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    you are only half right, the aspects gave up their powers to defeat deathwing. The old gods did nothing during the final fight, it was all Deathwing in his corrupted, falling apart form.

What makes it even more funny is that Alextrazsa says "The champions who fought at our side assured the survival of our world. But now, we must see it with mortal eyes. We dragon aspects have fulfilled our great purpose, and our ancient power is expended."

What i found amusing was that meant that the aspect's "great purpose" was to destroy one of their own, and Deathwing's purpose was...? The titans grand plan looks rather silly.
    But by stopping Deathwing, they stopped the Old Gods. That was the purpose of the End Time dungeon, a future where, after Deathwing's victory, the Old Gods no longer needs him and he end up impaled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

Their great purpose given to them by the Titans was to stop the Old Gods from taking over Azeroth. Which they did by stopping Deathwing, who was working under N'Zoth.

But now they are powerless to stop any future attempts since they didn't defeat the Old Gods directly.

Their great purpose given to them by the Titans was to stop the Old Gods from taking over Azeroth. Which they did by stopping Deathwing, who was working under N'Zoth.

But now they are powerless to stop any future attempts since they didn't defeat the Old Gods directly.
    but the old god threat is still very much alive, at best we just delayed the "end times" not stopped.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They knew what using the Dragon Soul was going to cost them going into the final confrontation with Deathwing. They also knew that Azeroth had capable defenders as well to meet any future challenge/threat. If they conserved their powers Deathwing stood a good chance of winning. Which would mean they failed their mission. If they expended them than Deathwing would lose, and they at least did what they could for Azeroth.

In short, we're on our own.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

They gave up the powers of the Dragon Aspects in order to stop a Dragon Aspect. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Doesn't make sense to me thou. They didn't had to give up their powers to stop Malygos, who also were an aspect.

Malygos wasn't even on the same level as Deathwing was (talking about power here).
    Source please?

They uploaded their superpowers to a high tech piece of gold, which then projected a sci-fi(ish) beam to kill an evil dragon. Because magic.

So in essence, a couple of good people and dragons killed an evil dragon to save the world. great story amiright.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2014-04-16 at 08:53 PM.

Ofc I am. Claiming "who has the bigger gun" without any confirmation more than your own conclusion. Being driven mad by old god shows some kind of power?

10+ Year Old Account
    I assumed the reason was so that the old gods had less of a reason to corrupt them as they did to DW
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Supposedly it wasn't even that, but specifically to stop the hour of twilight. Which was never mentioned in their story before the DS patch but w/e.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Not like they kinda gave us a similar message in Warcraft 3 or anything.
    Medivh:"The roots will heal in time... as will the entire world. The sacrifices have been made. Just as the orcs, humans, and night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe, so did Nature herself rise up to banish the Shadow...forever. As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed Guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place...amongst the legends of the past."
    Yep. Main villain is stalled until a super weaon is ready to use (dragon soul, wisp mass suicide), talk about how the world is in the hands of mortals now, how the world can heal now that the cataclysm's over/the world will heal now that the legion is bested, the ending of DS is almost a copy paste but with different characters.