Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Is it possible that LFR going to not drop raid sets in Warlords, and instead just a separate set of gear, potentially through the entire expansion, maybe just changing the stats?
    God willing. LFR players don't exactly deserve a full set of tier gear/weapons/trinkets. They should get welfare gear and have real gear a carrot-on-the-stick to ACTUALLY want to raid for real. Hell, if it was up to me the final boss of a tier wouldn't even be available for LFR.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Blizzard makes heroics a viable gear up alternative for LFR. The one reason all of my alts are below i535 and have not raided is because I simply cannot stand doing LFR. Being able to gear through heroics and then raid will be fantastic. I really hope blizzard never remove LFR either, can you imagine having those people all queuing for flex or trying to raid? /shudder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    they already get weaker gear. No access to titles mounts or achievements.
    There are LFR unique pets. QQ.

How does it in your view make sense if LFR would get the same titles and mounts as real raids drop?

LFR - Pets, Unique pet
    Flex - Pets, Achievements
    Normal - Pets, Achievements, Title, Mount
    Heroic - Pets, Achievements, Title, Mount, extra title, extra mount

LFR is the only difficulty that have unique loot not present in higher difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I really hope Blizzard makes heroics a viable gear up alternative for LFR. The one reason all of my alts are below i535 and have not raided is because I simply cannot stand doing LFR. Being able to gear through heroics and then raid will be fantastic. I really hope blizzard never remove LFR either, can you imagine having those people all queuing for flex or trying to raid? /shudder.
    They've already said that since Blizzcon. Heroic dungeons will drop gear viable for normal raiding. Remember flex=normal in WoD. There's not going to be flex named mode. It will be LFR, normal, heroic, mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I think sometimes LFR players don't realize that flex runs go quicker, and is it that hard to abide to a time to raid?
    I was the scarab lord for the Cenarion Circle server and co-ran and main tanked for server first guilds through TBC. Then I became a dad, and now I have 3 kids, so yes abiding a certain schedule is very tough. I will say that not all LFR players are the same, I still bring food, healing potions, and am flasked for all LFR runs. I know the fights and depending on my role I challenge myself to achieve certain goals.

I enjoy the hell out of it, a different play style to be sure but I have adapted over time. Certainly mythic raids should have benefits and some reasonable prestige, but LFR has no impact on any "raider" and should be left alone, if nothing else for those of us where it isn't sight seeing but actual progression and the main gameplay focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    They've already said that since Blizzcon. Heroic dungeons will drop gear viable for normal raiding. Remember flex=normal in WoD.
    to be fair, the same was true at the start of MoP, as you could raid normal in 463. The problem was the moment LFR went live, 476 then 483 gear, never mind tier and trinkets, was a huge help for those starting normal progression, and players would funnel into LFR to maximize their gear for actual raiding

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    I was the scarab lord for the Cenarion Circle server and co-ran and main tanked for server first guilds through TBC. Then I became a dad, and now I have 3 kids, so yes abiding a certain schedule is very tough. I will say that not all LFR players are the same, I still bring food, healing potions, and am flasked for all LFR runs. I know the fights and depending on my role I challenge myself to achieve certain goals.

I enjoy the hell out of it, a different play style to be sure but I have adapted over time. Certainly mythic raids should have benefits and some reasonable prestige, but LFR has no impact on any "raider" and should be left alone, if nothing else for those of us where it isn't sight seeing but actual progression and the main gameplay focus.
    This is false though, LFR tier and trinkets have been better than higher difficulty non-tier or other trinkets, so LFR is part of optimization. Also, LFR isnt designed for progression, and it doesnt offer it with determination buff making sure you down the boss

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does everyone that says LFR == Heroic 5-man loot forget that after the first tier, LFR loot would then be on par with the normal mode loot from the previous tier?

Unless you expect Heroic 5-man loot to continue to increase in iLvL, even if you got your wish (LFR == Heroic 5-man), it would only last for the first tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    There are LFR unique pets. QQ.

How does it in your view make sense if LFR would get the same titles and mounts as real raids drop?

LFR - Pets, Unique pet
    Flex - Pets, Achievements

LFR is the only difficulty that have unique loot not present in higher difficulties.
    False

LFR - Pets,
    Flex - Pets, Achievements, pets (Shaling and droplet) drops here.

LFR and Flex shares the Gooey sha-ling

False

LFR - Pets,
    Primordius has a LFR exclusive pet.

Primordius has a LFR exclusive pet.
    At one point, but philosophy has changed for SoO. Currently the philosophy changed in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post

I've run my share of LFR as well, and I'll say that maybe 5% of the time it's a competent group. I reached a point where I vowed never to step in one again. My experience with flex and normal is much better. How far will you take the exceptions? What if somebody only has a half hour to raid. Should we cater to them? Imo it's important to have a cutoff point in what you can achieve in this game, and as I've said before. Find a flex raiding guild. Which I will add are much more lenient with always showing every week, and clear the raid in a couple of days in less than half the time it takes to LFR.

Deleted
    False

LFR - Pets,

LFR and Flex shares the Gooey sha-ling
    Well honestly havent looked at LFR loot tables in SoO. Know they had unique pets in ToT atleast.
    Gooey Sha thing is only available in flex and LFR though. So that is not obtainable in real raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Does everyone that says LFR == Heroic 5-man loot forget that after the first tier, LFR loot would then be on par with the normal mode loot from the previous tier?

Unless you expect Heroic 5-man loot to continue to increase in iLvL, even if you got your wish (LFR == Heroic 5-man), it would only last for the first tier.
    They are most likely not gonna abandon 5 mans after the first patch this time.

Not holding my breath on this one, but it would be a brilliant change if blizzard goes through with this, I know they were debating the idea in the past before.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well honestly havent looked at LFR loot tables in SoO. Know they had unique pets in ToT atleast.
    Gooey Sha thing is only available in flex and LFR though. So that is not obtainable in real raids.

- - - Updated - - -

They are most likely not gonna abandon 5 mans after the first patch this time.
    I wouldnt say that Flex isnt a real raid, its tunning isnt too bad in later wings, the early ones are just undertuned. It is still a hell of a lot different from LFR, where making mistakes doesnt give you a 5% buff.

Well, what someone considers raiding is subjective. As I know Flex is raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    How are LFR players being penalized if this change goes through? They still get loot, just not the same loot that actual raiders get (besides it being lower ilvl).

LFR requires little to no effort, and should therefore offer little to no reward. You shouldn't get rewarded just because you have issues with raiding on a schedule.

Also, as someone else already mentioned, LFR raids+queues actually take longer than it takes a normal/heroic guild to run through a farm status raid, let alone a flex raid. If you have time to complete LFR, you have time to raid. The only feasible argument for LFR is when you cannot play on a consistent timetable. That is fine, but then you should expect to get less rewards than people who do.

On-topic: I can actually see them making LFR loot random timeless isle/HC scenario style loot, especially when you factor in that they said completing a bronze challenge dungeon gets you a piece of LFR gear.
    Someone actually gets it. Now all players are happy. Content surfers get free loot, Hardcore players get to brag about having cooler and better loot and can't complain about LFR anymore.

Reading this gives me the vibe that LFRers feel that they should get raid level gear for doing easier content. (They said they are making the WoD heroics pre-nerf Cata level). Ehh I could careless honestly. I do Normals and once on a blue moon heroic raids this won't effect me. Want tier or raid gear? Put in the time and effort and go AT least do flex. Don't complain you don't get free gear from AFKing. LFR is meant to see content. Not to get free "afk" gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

I think with the new group finder system lfr will be marginalized even further, for those on a limited time schedule lfr is not an efficient way to use game time, even as a tank I spend more time waiting for players to rejoin after leaving or in queue then I do actually fighting bosses.

Having heroic dungeon gear on the same level as lfr wouldn't be a bad thing imo I think we already have a statement that the daily challenge mode will give you a piece of gear at the lfr level though so its still unclear where heroic dungeons fit in, remember even in MoP a lot of guilds cleared MSV and HOF in blues before lfr even unlocked so stating that you gear for normal raids in heroic 5 mans is not a new thing.
    Last edited by yeryerdude; 2014-04-11 at 12:52 AM.

LFR is not challenging. It would be strange if it actually dropped tier sets and raid trinkets, making the loot superior to the new heroic 5-mans which are presumed to be harder than LFR.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt say that Flex isnt a real raid, its tunning isnt too bad in later wings, the early ones are just undertuned. It is still a hell of a lot different from LFR, where making mistakes doesnt give you a 5% buff.
    Flex is definitely real raiding. Requires a coordinated group of players doing their job, not 5 ppl in the corner watching a movie while pressing space bar. Flex is what LFR should have been in the first place, an easier tuned version of normal raids that retains all the mechanics of normal mode. All LFR did was allow clueless bads to get into raids to the point where LFR has been so unbelievably dumbed down just so they can complete it. Just look at SoO LFR, blizzard had to reduce the healing the shaman trash before nazgrim did from 2% to 1%, apparently 2% healing was just too much for the LFR crowd.