Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

Child Bride Kills Husband and his 3 buddies

http://nypost.com/2014/04/10/child-b...poisoned-meal/

This Nigerian girl of 14, after being forced to marry a 35 year old man, cooks a celebratory dinner for him and some buddies. Laces the whole thing with rat poison, and kills a few of his buddies while others present are just taken to the hospital and released.
    When asked why, she stated it's because she was forced into the situation and wanted no part of it.
    Thoughts/Feelings on the situation? Was it justified? I think she had a pretty legitimate reason and it was an act of desperation. I suspect they will kill her for doing it tho.

Edit: I found some background info I feel helps paint a picture of the situation and why it occurs, Via Fox:

Child marriage is common in Nigeria and especially in the mainly Muslim and impoverished north, where the numbers increase in times of drought because a bride price is paid and it means one less mouth to feed. Fifty percent of Nigerian girls living in rural areas are married before they turn 18, according to the U.N. children's agency. That's a lot of child brides in a country of some 170 million people of whom half are under 18.

Child brides often suffer difficult pregnancies — the leading cause of death worldwide for girls aged 15 to 19 — and are much more likely to contract AIDS and be subjected to domestic violence, according to the International Center for Research on Women.
    Early and forced marriage is classified as modern-day slavery by the U.N. labor organization, and Nigeria's Child Rights Act prohibits marriage before 18. But that federal law competes with Islamic Shariah law that holds in most northern states.
    No one in Nigeria has been prosecuted for marrying a child, including Sen. Sani Ahmed Yerima, infamous for divorcing a 17-year-old that he married when she was 15 so he could marry a 14-year-old Egyptian girl in 2010, when he was 49. He had to divorce one of his child brides because Islamic law allows a maximum of four wives at a time.

***Normally I would not use fox for a source but of the several articles I read on this, they had the most background info, which helps frame the situation girls like this face.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04...3-his-friends/
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-04-11 at 10:55 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Shame that she'll suffer for it, but I admire the shit out of her. I hope the pedo-rapist died very painfully.

A hero, quite simply a hero, if more young girls had the courage to stand up to these rapists(not saying this is an easy task in any way) they might think twice about forcing others against their wishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If her only intent was to kill her husband, it would perhaps be inappropriate that she poisoned all of them.

Well they were all complicit in the act.

That took a lot of guts. Bravo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now now, internet psychos, she DID murder a whole bunch of people. Lets not celebrate that fact too much, eh? Nothing good came of this, whether the marriage or the murder, so lets just agree that life isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    Now now, internet psychos, she DID murder a whole bunch of people. Lets not celebrate that fact too much, eh? Nothing good came of this, whether the marriage or the murder, so lets just agree that life isn't fair.
    Killing someone who had every intention of raping a young teenager is a good thing, in my book. Fuck your moral relativism.

Deleted
    Arranged marriages are a terrible thing, People call me a cunt and a bigot but I believe in freedom of choice.

Deleted
    It's actually interesting how many ppl defend the girl. For their morals it's ok to kill and be massmurderer if certain conditions are met.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Arranged marriages are a terrible thing, People call me a cunt and a bigot but I believe in freedom of choice.
    I generally agree with the sentiment, but after learning a bit more about them, I have to admit that they're not as uniformly hideous as this kind of shit. Even though it seems suboptimal to me, having two people who are the same age that have been matched up because their families genuinely believe they'd be great for each other, and they get the right of refusal, that's not so terrible, and the data where they poll people for happiness long term basically backs that. It still squicks me out, but I have to admit that not all arranged marriage is the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    While she was in a shit situation, killing is not the answer here.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Haha all you people are cheering this mass murderer on? She killed the perpetrators friends, you can cheer her on maybe if she killed just the dude but no she killed a bunch of extra people "quite simply" because she's a crazy bitch who takes other people's lives just cuz she was treated wrong.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I fail to see, whats cunty or bigorty about opposing that bullshit. There should be limits where common sense takes over "tradition" and "religion".

some metaphorical balls on that one, got to give her that
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    I find her action morally acceptable, it clearly was self-defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Some people deserve to die. Some people can't handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    While she was in a shit situation, killing is not the answer here.
    easy to say for someone not facing getting raped by someone over twice your age while you sit behind a computer screen huh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Some people deserve to die. Some people can't handle that.
    That avatar is a perfect fit

I am not pro "child marriage" but I do not think murder is the solution.

Deleted
    She could have use laxatives instead of poison and taken the opportunity to run away.

It was an ugly situation. I'm not inclined to judge.