Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timbucker View Post
    Yeah i will say i was worried that by speed leveling id be overwhelmed but its just the time to farm up these god damn heirlooms, now i have tended to be more to assassination as well. Now taking everyones advice and opinion about it im sure i will end up dual speccing combat, if thats the case im still not clear as to what weapons to buy lol. I understand whats being told to me as far as the rogue and the theory behind everything, 2 fist weapons? 2 daggers? 1h sword/dag?
    You'll need 3 weapons -- 2 daggers for assassination, and 1 "slow" (2.6 delay base, rather than a dagger's 1.8 delay) weapon for your mainhand for combat only. Grab the two daggers, then your choice of fist/mace/sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    You'll want a dagger in offhand for combat while leveling. You don't get killing spree until level 80 and that's the equalizer between slow/fast. You still benefit from the poison application of a dagger at level 40 but don't have killing spree.
    Oop, good call. I forget sometimes we don't start with all abilities >.-
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-04-13 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    You'll need 3 weapons -- 2 daggers for combat, and 1 "slow" (2.6 delay base, rather than a dagger's 1.8 delay) weapon for your mainhand for combat only. Grab the two daggers, then your choice of fist/mace/sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Oop, good call. I forget sometimes we don't start with all abilities >.-
    Did you mean 2 daggers for assassination?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timbucker View Post
    Did you mean 2 daggers for assassination?
    Yes. Someone should probably take my keyboard away from me. Typos and word substitution everywhere.

Deleted
    are rogues easier to play in pvp than enhancement shamans and do they have alot of keybinds

Hi kael i was helping timbucker master his own brew so if you don't like what i have to offer please don't insult me. another master respects another for he knows what the other may do. perhaps you should go experiment with sub delta before you say "the things i say have no basis."; if it weren't for concerned customers like me you would have your lame piece of crap rogue that you settle with. in respect you have no consideration for others point of view even if you know you are wrong and they are right. if you really wan't to impress me just go ahead and take this with a grain of salt otherwise if you reply i know your a unsatisfactory human being.

the damage on all weapons is balanced on weapon speed and the damage given to all weapons is different. daggers are lowest and two handed are highest. the difference is more haste added and crit. there is a performance gain on white damage this is what you are mistaken. assassination uses two daggers currant because it is iconic weapon for the class and the fact that the poison application is greater for daggers. but all this is going to change once WoD hits live.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-04-21 at 05:31 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regularcustomer View Post
    Hi kael i was helping timbucker master his own brew so if you don't like what i have to offer please don't insult me. another master respects another for he knows what the other may do. perhaps you should go experiment with sub delta before you say "the things i say have no basis."; if it weren't for concerned customers like me you would have your lame piece of crap rogue that you settle with. in respect you have no consideration for others point of view even if you know you are wrong and they are right. if you really wan't to impress me just go ahead and take this with a grain of salt otherwise if you reply i know your a unsatisfactory human being.

the damage on all weapons is balanced on weapon speed and the damage given to all weapons is different. daggers are lowest and two handed are highest. the difference is more haste added and crit. there is a performance gain on white damage this is what you are mistaken. assassination uses two daggers currant because it is iconic weapon for the class and the fact that the poison application is greater for daggers. but all this is going to change once WoD hits live.
    I don't even...wat... This game (while game meaning you should have fun) can be boiled down using math. Your spiritual and philosophical viewpoints only matter in how much fun you have, not what is mathematically superior...

Also, Kael never insulted you. He just said that you PROVIDED no basis for your opinion. You got very offended when he hasn't even done anything other than provide known truths, (proved with math, long ago). Yes, experimentation is nice, but you need solid math, logs and PROOF that your opinion (brew) is better. Until you show those to the community, you will just be rambling and peddling false information.

"Also, Kael never insulted you." you are a flat out liar Raer. positioning yourself between my brain and heart; fascist. telling people what you and only you may agree on. kael does run me down on this forum but more so you are rambling on Rael as a you defame me on Kaels part. rubbish

*If you think that I have fun playing this game Raer you're dead wrong. In fact if you discover out how to balance the rogue class back into the game system then you would be the smartest women on earth.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-04-20 at 05:31 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I honestly can't tell if you're an utter fool, incredibly committed, or both.

Anyway. Poison damage is the same no matter the speed of the weapon. With good gear (heirlooms) sub does really well, since you can just run around ambushing things to death. Once that stops working you'll be better of with another spec in terms of speed. Combat has the ability to pull a group of mobs and kill them with blade flurry + cooldowns, while assassination efficiently grinds through one mob at a time. I tend to switch things up, but I probably play more combat than the other two for leveling purposes. As combat I invariably end up pulling more and more mobs, until my glorious death in battle delivers me to Valhalla.

Ok, this entire thing ends now. We're not here to start personal wars between each other. Keep it civil or this thread will find a prematury end.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

hey timbucker learn to make your own brew because all of us master are arguing at our throats we all can't teach you but if you take a little here and there your be arlight.

i say close it it's already turned to trollfest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Combat for levelling.

The extra survivability and cleave means bigger pulls and quicker levelling.

I am rather biased though as I have always been Combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Combat for levelling.

The extra survivability and cleave means bigger pulls and quicker levelling.

I am rather biased though as I have always been Combat.
    I leveled as combat in WotLK.
    But combat is still the best in my opinion as you can just blade flurry and pull big.

Re-stealthing and all that Jazz is way too much effort for me.

Brawler life

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I leveled as combat in WotLK.
    But combat is still the best in my opinion as you can just blade flurry and pull big.

Re-stealthing and all that Jazz is way too much effort for me.

Brawler life
    restealthing is simple with a macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; [stealth] Garrote; Mutilate

you can add this to all your keys...you can also add auto - target

#showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]

this will target an enemy for you like you hit tab, but only if you don't have already manually target one.

Combine this with Cloak and Dagger talent and you can jump through mobs with just one button

Edit: for combat spec you can use

/cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; [stealth] Ambush; Sinister Strike

or

/cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; [stealth] Cheap Shot; Sinister Strike
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2014-04-23 at 11:01 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    are rogues easier to play in pvp than enhancement shamans and do they have alot of keybinds
    Rogues use a lot of keybindings for cc'ing different targets, focusing, swapping, etc... Also you may not have 100 skills to bind, but the few you have can be used in many different ways and you'll have to think faster than your opponent. I'd say Rogues are way harder than enhance shamans...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-04-23 at 01:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    At 60 when you get cloak and dagger sub is really fun, you don't even need to walk or remount most of the time, just stealth and ambush teleport to the next mob. You'll kill only 1 mob at a time, but the killrate is excellent, with CaD it's about 6-8 sec per mob, including travel. Not sure that combat's wimpy blade flurry can do better.
    Too bad most mobs die to an ambush + something else and you can't really do any rotation. (so much about leveling teaching you the class)
    Last edited by Zka; 2014-04-23 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    restealthing is simple with a macro

#showtooltip

you can add this to all your keys
    I'm new to macros. Why would you put this on all your keys?

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    I'm new to macros. Why would you put this on all your keys?
    for easy auto stealth..you press your main attack and if you can go in stealth and use the stealth attack it will do so.., if not then it will use your ability that does not recquire stealth. it is for convenience and to lessen the keybinds
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

for easy auto stealth..you press your main attack and if you can go in stealth and use the stealth attack it will do so.., if not then it will use your ability that does not recquire stealth. it is for convenience and to lessen the keybinds
    I appreciate the usefulness of the macro and I will be using it. But I don't understand why you would use it for every key when most of those keys don't require stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    I appreciate the usefulness of the macro and I will be using it. But I don't understand why you would use it for every key when most of those keys don't require stealth.
    well maybe I was exaggerating I am using them on 2-3 main keys to be honest. When I said all keys, I meant the main rotation ones...

Combat spec

/cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; [stealth] Ambush; Sinister Strike
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; [stealth] Cheap Shot; Revealing Strike

If you have your bar change while in stealth ( I don't) then you can simple use:

/cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; Sinister Strike
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth; Revealing Strike

and then have on the stealth your abilities you want. By this one I have easy access to stealth with any of my 2-3 main attack skills. And because I do not have the bar to change when stealthed, having 3-4 macros like the above it saves me hotkeys. It is up to you to use how much you like

having 3-4 macros like the above it saves me hotkeys
    I can go for that.

Do you use any castsequence macros?