• Yes

89 46.11%
  • No

39 20.21%
  • Why do I care, get the hell out

65 33.68%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I actually remember during WotlK some guilds were purposefully handicapping themselves to prove the importance of skill over gear. Some guilds cleared Nax and Malygos in lvl 70 gear. I even remember one guild clearing Ulduar (while relevant) with all guild members only in blues.

Sure I'm not sure this is possible now as there's such a steep change in power+ilvl over a raid, but if you've done a raid before why not try out new challenges?
    This isn't a guild challenge or anything like that. This is one member secretly impairing himself with which the rest of his raid has to pick up the slack.

If the whole raid decided to use WoTLK weapons then sure, I can see why it would be enjoyable, but this is a cheap laugh at the expense of his entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Lawl. Lot's of limited people 'round here, eh?

Ya know, there is this thing called "taste" and it is somewhat different for each unique human being. That's where the fact you are all limited comes You are monotonous, limited, boring, annoying people that are all the same and just refuse to allow others to have a taste of their own. And you know what I'm gonna tell you? This guy ( the OP ) is actually right. Messing around, trolling, using your favourite weapon even if outdated. That is fun. I remember during WotLK days as a level ~13 Retribution Paladin, my friend - a Discipline Priest - lost to me in a duel where I was using Blacksmith Hammer ( 1-2 damage 0.7 dps ) - the weakest weapon in the game. At level ~17 I got that boqueet off-hand from Redridge Mountains and beat my friend in a duel using it and Blacksmith Hammer. Even at around level 30, I was still able to do it. The reason I did it back then ( the first time, at level 13 ) was because my friend was complaining how powerful my heirlooms make me... boy, was he wrong It's just that Retribution Paladins were so incredibly OP back then, hehe.

I remember during the early days of SoO, I was gearing my alt Retri Paladin...and I had that 476 ilvl PvP weapon on him. I decided to send him the 561 ilvl agility heirloom polearm that drops off Garrosh. I used it in LFR and people raged so much at me for using agility weapon on a retri pala O.o I mean... yeah agility on a str class but still... Retri Palas depend a lot on weapon damage so the str loss was insignificant even when I got the 540 ( 548 ) ilvl STR sword off Flex Sha... In flex there was even more rage...

Anyway, OP, awesome idea! Thumbs up <3

Haha alright big shot, you're quite the amazing player! Why do you even continue to play? The game is so easy for you!

I actually remember during WotlK some guilds were purposefully handicapping themselves to prove the importance of skill over gear. Some guilds cleared Nax and Malygos in lvl 70 gear. I even remember one guild clearing Ulduar (while relevant) with all guild members only in blues.

Sure I'm not sure this is possible now as there's such a steep change in power+ilvl over a raid, but if you've done a raid before why not try out new challenges?
    Sure, if the whole raid is up for it. One player doing it is just lame and doesn't offer any challenge more than having one player underperforming for no reason at all.
    Last edited by Bozzel; 2014-04-17 at 01:20 AM.

Ive done this on farm content in the past (easy one shot heroic bosses), and it was pretty funny and somewhat depressing when I would still beat half of my raid's DPS.

Nobody should ever be doing this in the middle of progression though.

If you know that boss will be dead anyway you can do whatever you want. Just dont do it too often.

What's to get? It's just for kicks and giggles.

I actually remember during WotlK some guilds were purposefully handicapping themselves to prove the importance of skill over gear. Some guilds cleared Nax and Malygos in lvl 70 gear.
    Wasn't about Skill over Gear in Naxx.

Sunwell Epics were 165i epics with 2-3 gem sockets, wotlk 5man-heroic blues were 185i without gem sockets.

Set-bonuses / Epic>Blue and Gem sockets were better than the blues most of the time.

And this only happened because raiders were crying at the start of TBC that we had to change our T1-2 epics to level 58 greens because they were an upgrade.

Completely off topic, I know, but I felt the need to nuance this ^

Not all classes / specs felt the need to keep their Sunwell gear for Naxx. I distinctively remember Priests wanting to keep it, and Warlocks ditching it after the huge gameplay changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Gonna do this on Garrosh HC this Sunday, will report back.
    We killed it but I got told off when they noticed we couldn't push 24/100 energy in p1