Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simsumre View Post
    With electronic voting machines, it's more than possible that it's corrupt at the ballot level.
    You are suggesting that there is corruption in electronic voting machines? You are suggesting Romney should have won? Ron Paul refused to run as libertarian after losing republican primary, voting machines did not inhibit him.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this statement, what's the problem? Learn how to shoot a gun and defend yourself.
    Most of us don't live in video games...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

With electronic voting machines, it's more than possible that it's corrupt at the ballot level.

Capable and willing are two different things. Most people only give a damn about sports and their job.
    Exactly. Does the libertarian not expect people to act in their own best interest? If people are intellectually lazy, and their votes can be bought by ad campaigns, wouldn't you say that is the fault of the people and not the politician? The politician should be expected to do whatever is in his power to get elected, and he does. The people should do whatever is in their power to make sure they're voting for the right person, and they certainly don't.

EDIT: the exactly is to your second statement. There is no evidence of any widespread tampering with election results at any point in US history.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The situation the US is in now reminds me of the story in the bible of Jeremiah the Prophet and how he complained to God about the state his country was in. God told him; "Cheer up Jeremiah, it is only going to get worse.".

There is no way a normal Joe in the US can ever become president. They ether have to be very rich or have backers who are. And the backers are not going to waste their time on some normal hard working Joe on the block.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-04-11 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Most of us don't live in video games...
    It's not about living in video games, it's about living in the real world where real people do intend to do you harm. You don't need others to protect you. Be a man and learn how to defend yourself and your family.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about living in video games, it's about living in the real world where real people do intend to do you harm. You don't need others to protect you. Be a man and learn how to defend yourself and your family.
    In the real world, people do not want to live in a society where they might get shot. In real life, people want to sleep without clutching a gun for their protection.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    In the real world, people do not want to live in a society where they might get shot. In real life, people want to sleep without clutching a gun for their protection.
    In the real world people DO live in a society where they might get shot. In the real world only fools rely on police that are only 30-45 minutes away to protect them from a society that doesn't give a damn about itself. I live in the real world, do you?

You are suggesting that there is corruption in electronic voting machines? You are suggesting Romney should have won? Ron Paul refused to run as libertarian after losing republican primary, voting machines did not inhibit him.
    No, but the cheating and rules manipulation of the GOP might have. There were lots of reports of Ron Paul people who were elected as delegates being thrown out when it was made clear they had supported Ron Paul, and the GOP changing its own rules on a whim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    No, but the cheating and rules manipulation of the GOP might have. There were lots of reports of Ron Paul people who were elected as delegates being thrown out when it was made clear they had supported Ron Paul, and the GOP changing its own rules on a whim.
    I remember this actually. They had to take it out and have the vote in the parking lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the real people DO live in a society where they might get shot. In the real world only fools rely on police that are only 30-45 minutes away to protect them from a society that doesn't give a damn about itself. I live in the real world, do you?
    Your real world has cops and has the amenities to post online bitching about it. You are describing a world where you don't get frail you don't get old, you don't sleep, you don't eat and have infinite continues. You are not a video game character that is so manly that can survive in a lawless world.

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't he leave? Why did he and his son continue to receive campaign contributions and caucus with republicans?

Political parties in the US can essentially do whatever they want when it comes to internal elections. Yet another reason we need real third party to break the monopolies the elephants and the donkeys have.

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't he leave? Why did he and his son continue to receive campaign contributions and caucus with republicans?
    Ron Paul was something of an idealist. He was using the platform to try to spread his message. He admittedly knew had little chance of winning the Republican nomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your real world has cops and has the amenities to post online bitching about it. You are describing a world where you don't get frail you don't get old, you don't sleep, you don't eat and have infinite continues. You are not a video game character that is so manly that can survive in a lawless world.
    What are you even on about? I said that I simply want to be able to protect myself and my family, why is that a bad thing to you? Should we all now hide in the closet when people break into our house? I don't understand the logic here that grown adults are too infantile to operate a firearm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Political parties in the US can essentially do whatever they want when it comes to internal elections. Yet another reason we need real third party to break the monopolies the elephants and the donkeys have.
    The reason he had to abide by their rules, is because of his choice to be Republican. The reason he us beholden to them, is due to third party candidates not having 100% running eligibility in US. The problem is compounded, when you have a complacent voting public that is willing to vote for a 'third party' republican, than demand an actual libertarian in Garry Johnson appear on their ballot. Ron Paul knows this, as he had tried in the 80s...

10+ Year Old Account
    In the real world people DO live in a society where they might get shot. In the real world only fools rely on police that are only 30-45 minutes away to protect them from a society that doesn't give a damn about itself. I live in the real world, do you?
    I agree. The Police is really not there to protect you, but more to enforce the law and apprehend the offenders. I feel I have a need to be prepared to defend my home and family because by the time the police would get to me, we all would be dead.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bow down before the people who are smarter than you about how you should live your life, and get very very rich from you:

http://spectator.org/articles/39326/...ils-revolution

http://freebeacon.com/columns/love-i...time-of-obama/

http://freebeacon.com/columns/divorce-beltway-style/

Ron Paul was something of an idealist. He was using the platform to try to spread his message. He admittedly knew had little chance of winning the Republican nomination.
    Basically. It wasn't to really try and get the nomination but educate people to things that other candidates were glossing over in favor of the usual doublespeak. And I think it's worked a bit - more and more people (young people especially) are getting clued in to how the government works and how the Republican and Democrat candidates tend to sound similar in most cases and differ only in a few high-profile views that everyone focuses on. If he had gone straight as a Libertarian or some other third party he wouldn't have even gotten the time of day as the Repubs/Dems blackball any third party candidate and most people just assume "Well they have no chance of winning" so won't even vote for them because they don't want to feel like throwing their vote away (insert Kang/Kodos Simpsons reference here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely, the platform of vote republican as a 'third party' alternative, was a resounding success. Even if his primaries were a failure...

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even on about? I said that I simply want to be able to protect myself and my family, why is that a bad thing to you? Should we all now hide in the closet when people break into our house? I don't understand the logic here that grown adults are too infantile to operate a firearm.
    No, it's that unlike video games, you are not always a 'grown adult'. You are frail, old, decrepit and infantile, immature, weak... For a very long time... When you break your leg, you don't take a potion and are immediately ready to go... You are not Rambo...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's that unlike video games, you are not always a 'grown adult'. You are frail, old, decrepit and infantile, immature, weak... For a very long time... When you break your leg, you don't take a potion and are immediately ready to go... You are not Rambo...
    You're not answering my question, you're dodging it. Throwing insults or declaring that one is not Rambo does not make you right. If you want to discuss an issue, do so with an opinion or fact. But don't straw man me into thinking you've won an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically. It wasn't to really try and get the nomination but educate people to things that other candidates were glossing over in favor of the usual doublespeak. And I think it's worked a bit - more and more people (young people especially) are getting clued in to how the government works and how the Republican and Democrat candidates tend to sound similar in most cases and differ only in a few high-profile views that everyone focuses on. If he had gone straight as a Libertarian or some other third party he wouldn't have even gotten the time of day as the Repubs/Dems blackball any third party candidate and most people just assume "Well they have no chance of winning" so won't even vote for them because they don't want to feel like throwing their vote away (insert Kang/Kodos Simpsons reference here).
    Ron Paul switching to libertarian after losing primaries and then going after states to include him on the ballot, would have been the biggest story of the elections. If he had done that, he would have gotten more press than Nader could stumble into or Ross Perot could buy.

You talk about neo-feudalism but leave out an important part: wage and debt slavery

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Even a better reason to be armed. Makes things more equal. Just recently in Springfield Ohio, a elderly couple, ( the man was 92 and his wife in the late 80's ) a robber who they had helped earlier in letting him do some chores around their place, pulled a knife on them and then demanded their money or life. The wife got her gun and told him no way that was happening. He fled the home and was later arrested.