Question Strange Simulationcraft Results

Hey guys. I am really confused. This night I simulated my WL in Simucraft to see whats I can do and how to reforge the best ways.

I am playing Destruction (roundabout 560 gearpoints) and I got these scaling factors:

Scale Factors:
    Laexxi Int=8.13(0.19) SP=0.00(0.00) Hit=7.97(0.19) Crit=4.98(0.18) Haste=6.54(0.18) Mastery=5.27(0.18)

My simulating options are as followed:
    www (dot) pic-upload (dot) de/view-22835048/simuopt (dot) jpg (dot) html

Full report is here: 94.23.40.171/thehidden/laexxi (dot) html

Did I do anything wrong or could anybody tell me why my haste scaling is better then my mastery/crit scaling? I am really confused and as you can see I did not choose my OffSpec cause of the chaosbolts and stuff .

Laexxi

Step 1: Ignore Simcraft because is focused on single target fights.

Step 2: Reforge: Mastery > Haste > Crit
    With Keen gems (exp + mastery) on red sockets.

Step 3: Tons of dmg

Step 4: Profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Step 1: Ignore Simcraft because is focused on single target fights.

Step 2: Reforge: Mastery > Haste > Crit
    With Keen gems (exp + mastery) on red sockets.

Step 3: Tons of dmg

Step 4: Profit.
    crit and haste are pretty damn close to each other btw, and one is better than the other depending on the type of fight.

Single target? Go haste.

AoE? Go crit.

Granted like I said the difference between the 2 is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    crit and haste are pretty damn close to each other btw, and one is better than the other depending on the type of fight.

Single target? Go haste.

AoE? Go crit.

Granted like I said the difference between the 2 is pretty small.
    Actually Crit tends to be better at St and Haste for AOE, am I wrong?

you are correct.

For AoE Haste is actually the best stat once you have >6 mobs. Mastery is amazing for everything under than as long as you have more than one mob (or even 1 mob if you're using GoSac). Crit does have a use, in that it lets you AoE effectively on smaller numbers of mobs, so you need to find a balance depending on the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol ya, just woke up when i posted that, got em swapped around RIP my brain

Re: Simcraft

It's a known issue that did little to sort out the confusing red herring mess that was destro stat weights throughout MoP. Simcraft often will erroneously elevate haste and the oft-mentioned reason is that it's because it's a lightning fast computer program with no human delay.

I stopped using simcraft once I realized Destro is not a single target spec, and that it is critically dependant/reliant on multi target havoc FnB cheesing. For a pure single target fight, with no movement, sure. But even then haste is gonna be artificially inflated - so really, what's the point? Given all the hassle with rerunning simcraft, I've just resolved to Ask Mr Robot, while eyeballing certain haste caps - which isn't bad on destro.

Okay thanks, I got it . I stomped SimCraft and found my own balance now. Im balancing crit and haste to be more or lesse even. Lets see what the next Raid will tell me. Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Laexxi View Post
    Okay thanks, I got it . I stomped SimCraft and found my own balance now. Im balancing crit and haste to be more or lesse even. Lets see what the next Raid will tell me. Thank you for your help!
    Since I'm not sure exactly what you mean by balancing, I just want to make sure that you know going for Mastery before both Haste and Crit would be best. After Mastery you can do whatever with Haste vs. Crit.

its honestly not going to make much of a difference. the biggest factor is still gona be play.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

If you're having problems with simcraft, then you probably aren't using it right. There are absolutely ways to simulate adds, either always alive, or waves, or whatever, so you can figure out your cheesing method on there too. The default rotation can also very easily be modified to your liking. People badmouth simcraft all the time without understanding how to use it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    If you're having problems with simcraft, then you probably aren't using it right. There are absolutely ways to simulate adds, either always alive, or waves, or whatever, so you can figure out your cheesing method on there too. The default rotation can also very easily be modified to your liking. People badmouth simcraft all the time without understanding how to use it...
    If only someone would write a guide.

Yeah I know you can program in multi-target, but the variability of the havoc mechanic imho is too.. variable. It starts getting incredibly complex very fast. Havoc turns destro into an art from a science. Fights also don't have fixed numbers of adds/waves, and I'd shudder to imagine anyone that would try to replicate a boss's particular add/wave setup into Simcraft. In any event, still doesn't fix the haste issue so Simcraft is a non-starter for destro.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2014-04-16 at 05:19 PM.

I WOULD NOT click that link. A direct IP for a full report? Nope, don't trust that.

Sorry was away a few days. I changed the scale factors that i get haste = crit. Ofc mastery is top of the rock