Fall Out New Vegas Running Slow on Laptop

Hi,

So I got a new laptop this week for gaming/coding away from home. Most games I have tried appear to work well but when I launch Fall Out New Vegas, even on medium settings, it is just very laggy/slow. Laptop specs are below.

CPU: i7-4810MQ @ 3.80Gz
    GPU: GTX 870M 3Gb
    RAM: 8gb
    HDD: 1Tb 7200RPM

Any ideas why FO:NV would lag but everything else is fine? Just played Bioshock Infinite on high settings comfortably so I have no idea what it could be :S

10+ Year Old Account
    make sure that it is set to use the nvidia GPU in the nvidia control panel, sounds like its defaulting to the intel

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    make sure that it is set to use the nvidia GPU in the nvidia control panel, sounds like its defaulting to the intel
    I checked again and the Graphics Adapter is already set to GTX 870M

Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/AV2cV81
    Last edited by Millennía; 2014-04-11 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Hi,

So I got a new laptop this week for gaming/coding away from home. Most games I have tried appear to work well but when I launch Fall Out New Vegas, even on medium settings, it is just very laggy/slow. Laptop specs are below.

CPU: i7-4810MQ @ 3.80Gz
    GPU: GTX 870M 3Gb
    RAM: 8gb
    HDD: 1Tb 7200RPM

Any ideas why FO:NV would lag but everything else is fine? Just played Bioshock Infinite on high settings comfortably so I have no idea what it could be :S
    I remember having issues with FONV too, and I also remember downloading a fix from the FNV nexus that was based on the Skyrim 4gb unlocker (it's obsolete now for Skyrim) that fixed it. Sorry I can't be of more use, try searching the nexus though.