Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Anyone Else Losing Interest?

So normally I love the end of an expansion. The PvP is normally really great because all of the PvE guys are essentially done so they are playing alts, dabbling with their mains, most of the bugs and balance things are worked out, etc. I have always viewed the last season of an expansion as a golden age.

I have not logged in for two weeks now. I am one of those guys that plays around the 2k MMR range with mostly random people that I meet through RBG groups. I have multiple classes, of about 3 I cap each week and the rest I cap once in a while. I actually enjoy normal BGs on alts.

I have just been totally not motivated to log in and do anything. The start of the season I capped a couple of characters, but I mostly spent my time pet battling. I have not been enjoying the constant barrage of the same exact classes in arena, and RBG has just turned into a YOLO fest that people do just to cap. I used to enjoy RBG when people took it more seriously and it was about pushing rating.

I am hoping that maybe someone will have a perspective to share that will get me excited to play some more, but right now all I can see doing is leveling my 86 paladin to 90, and my 45 hunter to 90 so I can have a 90 of each class and just pick which ever is most broken at the start of next expansion and level it. We all know there will be something stupid and it will take them months to fix it, so I am going to jump on that wagon this time I think.

Are you guys having fun?

Deleted
    If you still have an active account why not log in and see for yourself?

Well, I'm killing mount bosses and I'm still raiding. Those are the highlights. I basically don't log in beyond that though. Started noticing that my raid flasks from Wednesday night raid are still active for Monday night raid so I'm clearly not playing much.

Part of me wants to grind gold to buy a couple of the mounts I'm missing (like the kyparite rocket) but it just doesn't entice me enough to log in. Ehhhh.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

i personally can't play anymore i played sense 04 i log on and 5 minutes later I'm logged off again for me there is nothing to do and its not worth my money or time maybe when the new xpac comes out till then to answer your question im not having fun

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's normal to burnout knowing it will be some time before you see any new content even more when you play for a long time! However if you really lost interest you not were on this site right now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's been almost a month since I last logged in. I was working on getting my legendary cloak and doing PVP on a character or two, as well as working on old legendaries on my characters but I stopped caring and haven't re-subbed. Plus all of my friends have stopped playing as well which was a big factor. It's the end of the expansion, most people are bored right now with the lack of new content.

If you really want to push your RBG rating, server transfer to a higher populated horde dominant realm or to an alliance dominated realm if you're alliance. Finding a nice active friendly guild that does everything also makes things a lot more fun, or you could join one of those "2k in arena or GTFO" guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sounds like you're burned out. Take a break for a month or two, or six, and you'll either realize you're done with WoW for the foreseeable future or you'll come back and enjoy the game more than ever. Playing just to play is a good way to become bitter about trivial things.
    Pretty much this. Breaks are healthy, whether you come back or decide to stay away.

I've lost interest due to boredom during every expansion, including the much lauded vanilla and Tbc. Mists has probably kept my interest more than any other time aside from WotLK, which I enjoyed the most.

I might dab back into Heroic Raiding, which I haven't done since WOTLK, but besides that I'm having fun capping/rbging and meeting new people to play with in WoD. I'm leveling a mage/monk to have all 90s like you as well...

I dunno, if you enjoy meeting random people it's still worth it. There are a majority that just cap each week, but I'm still finding people to try to push rating or just have fun BGing. Of course, I just geared my druid, so that was overpowered fun in BGs as an FC.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Yeah, although grinding out my 7th 9/9 right now and I'm starting to long to play other games lol. Too much focus on one game... this is why I wish they wouldn't remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I have my sub running only to help friends. I find this whole xpac completely unfun, and its on due to burn out since I play Wotlk AT a lot.

Met seven teams with warriors back to back last night, the majority had resto druids with them.

Yep this shit got old really quickly.

Deleted
    Yes, I lost interest about 5 months ago.

I couldn't come back now, when everything will change in 6.0

I would be if I wasn't so close to my Justicar title; 500 rep with Silverwing and 6k with League of Arathor. Once I get it though Ill probably be done playing for a while.

I do still like the game, or I would not be lurking here... I just feel like it is somehow different this time for me. Might just be because I am enjoying D3 expansion right now, or it might be that I have not really enjoyed WoW since I stopped having time to heroic raid and do arena competitively. Perhaps it is just time to move on....

I got email notice the other night that they tried to charge my CC for next billing cycle but I had a new card and it was rejected. I still have not bothered to log in and fix it. I guess that really says all that needs to be said!

I know I will be buying the next expansion, but I am somewhat confident that if the first season goes the way I think it will where we find all these problems during beta and none of them get addressed then I will just stop. If you don't have three nights a week to devote to the game it seems there is not a lot of compelling content for you anymore. Pet battles, 2v2 capping, dungeons, etc can only be entertaining for so long. At some point you have to have meaningful competition or interest wanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sounds like you're burned out. Take a break for a month or two, or six, and you'll either realize you're done with WoW for the foreseeable future or you'll come back and enjoy the game more than ever. Playing just to play is a good way to become bitter about trivial things.
    This. Myself got burned out during 5.2 and haven't subbed since. Planning on coming back for the pre-WoD event, though and WoD pvp looks interesting. I generally unsub towards the last bit of the expansion - not intentionally - just the period I get burned out. Has happened every expansion after Wotlk.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait till 6.0, thatll mix things up.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

The fact that we're stuck in SoO for over a year pretty much killed it for me. When I found out the release date for WoD I cancelled my sub and will possibly pick it back up when the expac actually releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm losing interest as well. My friend keeps asking me if I want to play arena, but I just can't get myself to play it. I usually just q for a random BG, yell at my teammates how bad they are and kill random people then log off and log back in an hour later.

Lost interest end of last year. Subscription ran out for the first time in an uninterrupted 9 years (and yeah, I was proud of that on some level...wish it had made an even 10).

I'll be back for the expansion, at least for a while, but just couldn't justify paying the subscription with nothing left to interest me in the game. Playing FF XIV and while a lot of things about it are really awesome and even perhaps better than WoW, at endgame, I'm starting to get the same feel as WoW. Time to mix in console games!