Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Ogres were part of the Horde, but I can't imagine them to be a playable race. Same as High Elves for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterne View Post
    Ogres along with Goblins are the best races for Horde. Bloodelfs should be a part of the Alliance as Highelfs maybe.
    Don't you ever dare to compare traitorous and cowardly High Elves to Blood Elves, or dismiss Blood Elves so High Elves (1% of the original High Elf population) can be part of the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope, I wouldn't make one either.

i personally hate the idea for playable ogres. but if there was a 2 head option i would probably play one. i could talk to myself without looking like a crazy person. lol
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they don't use the models currently in WoW (or the planned models in WoD, if you caught them... bananas sticking out of their forehead?). If they were hulking gorilla-esque figures then maybe (would much rather have playable "mini"Gronn than fat and dumb looking Ogres).

For some reason, I will never get the image that ogres are like Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy out of my head.

Edit: would totally prefer the Vrykul, Arrakoa, Jinyu, Sarok, and Ethereal before Ogre. Don't mind seeing Ogres as NPC's and quest givers, but just seems lame for a playable race.
    Last edited by Sylreick; 2014-04-12 at 05:33 PM.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I've never really been a huge fan of the Ogre race joining the Horde, but the idea has grown on me a lot more in recent years. We've seen in almost every Horde Military Campaign a prominent increase in Ogre representation, with Theramore destroyed the Ogres now have a home free from the Alliance, within a short walk of Orgrimmar & Thunder Bluff that they could get set up in.

My only major reservation about them joining is simply their influence as a third-party. Although the Ogres in Outland could easily be discounted, Ogres from all over the world have been targeted by Horde & Alliance quests, various groups of them have been hostile to the Horde for many years, unlike the Goblins who were largely neutral, the Ogres have almost all exclusively been aggressive.

As a side note; I don't think the fact they're part of the Horde in the Warcraft RTS Series is a viable excuse for them to join in WoW. WoW is based on the the Warcraft Universe, it doesn't have to reflect it. Personally, that isn't a strong enough reason for them to join.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm the only one who thinks they wouldn't fit as a playable race. Although I also think it would be cool to play as ogres, there's just too many problems with them being playable. First, and it may be a very small issue is that ogres never really wear all that much armor like our characters do so it wouldn't look right unless Blizzard changes the look for each armor so it looks more ogre-ish. Second is their size. Ogres in WoW are usually about twice the size of taurens. Yes, some are small but if Blizzard were to make these a playable race they would need to reduce the size of all the ogres to tauren size and for consistency they would need to do the same for every ogre in the game other wise you'll have the REAL ogres with our small midget ogres running around and it just wouldn't be right. Unless we're some different type of ogre that Blizzard introduces. When you think of ogres you think of these giant, fat monsters not just tall, fat humans so it would also sort of go against the whole ogre image. Plus I think we have enough playable races right now. Not every race in the game needs to be playable. Some races were meant to just be an NPC race.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-04-14 at 02:14 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They would be a strange race to have playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just because you dont like them, doesnt mean that many other people wouldn't like them. Its quite frankly amazing that they were not part of the horde from the Vanilla days because they were always in the horde ranks in all the RTS games. They are a race that horde have been asking for, for a long long time.
    Psssst, That's probably why he's asking if he's the only one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i personally hate the idea for playable ogres. but if there was a 2 head option i would probably play one. i could talk to myself without looking like a crazy person. lol
    They are just too big. anyone who says "Yeah but their height ranges from 7-12 foot".. Yeah, and humans range from 4-7 that doesn't mean you see a bunch of people running around that are 4 foot tall.

their mounts would be big too, and all small mounts would look ridiculous.

That and they are generally stupid asses, only the two headed are intelligent. You couldn't roll a caster without it being two headed

Playable Ogres would be weird I think. There are size issues to consider, and intellect, as well as their position within the Horde.

Can you honestly imagine an Ogre wearing Mage T6? And let's face it, Ogres have pretty much always been a living joke, moreso even than Gnomes. Would it be wise to make them playable, and how would you move away from their 'silly' image?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

They are just too big. anyone who says "Yeah but their height ranges from 7-12 foot".. Yeah, and humans range from 4-7 that doesn't mean you see a bunch of people running around that are 4 foot tall.

their mounts would be big too, and all small mounts would look ridiculous.

That and they are generally stupid asses, only the two headed are intelligent. You couldn't roll a caster without it being two headed
    Ogres on draenor are smarter than the ones on azeroth. something about the magic making them stupider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Playable Ogres would be weird I think. There are size issues to consider, and intellect, as well as their position within the Horde.

Can you honestly imagine an Ogre wearing Mage T6? And let's face it, Ogres have pretty much always been a living joke, moreso even than Gnomes. Would it be wise to make them playable, and how would you move away from their 'silly' image?
    they could be as tall as tauren maybe slightly taller.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Tbh I'd rather play an Ethereal over an Ogre for the horde. Plus the updated models that I've seen for them in WoD makes them look even more goofy than before.
    I thought it'd be perfect for this xpac to have Alliance: Arokkoa, Horde: Ogres, Neutral/Both: Ethereal.

The more the merrier, I don't like every race, I don't see a reason for them to not be in the game though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

1) Size is no issue since Ogres are alrdy ingame the size of Taurens and everything looks fine.
    2) intellect is also no problem since we have alrdy seen alot of very smart (bit crazy but still smart) Ogres ingame, and warriors what Ogre are dont need big brains anyways to be playable.
    3) The position in the Horde is the same as Trolls, Goblins or Taurens. The Orcs see there strenghts and have respect about there position in the world.
    When Rexxar would come back from Outland and become again the leader of the Ogres would give them a large position/respect inside the Horde.
    4) Ogres in T6, yes i can see that happen if they remake the model to Cho'Gall standards (the WoD needs more improvement i agree with that)
    5) Ogres where not a joke, Yes they got there silly aspacts but there lore is just as build up as Orcs (slaves of Gruul, and slaves in the 1e and 2e war till the broke free not really some silly/fun story if you ask me)

p.s 2 heads are no problem they can just equipt armor on 1 head and leave 1 head naked (with out armor)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2014-04-14 at 03:20 PM.

That's how I've always felt about BEs, but they're obviously still popular, so they still serve some purpose. It's not hard to find acceptance over a concept that you don't like if other people like it enough, at least I don't think so.

Why would they be? Because they're not badass enough for you doesn't mean they shouldn't be playable for the people who actually want them playable. Not everything need to be badass or look badass you know.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand the way they look/sound in WoW. You are not alone, OP.
    Something about Ogres just makes me hate them haha.

Also, assuming they would be a horde race, Blizzard would have to go back to the cities and edit so many doorways just so the fat things could waddle through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Also, assuming they would be a horde race, Blizzard would have to go back to the cities and edit so many doorways just so the fat things could waddle through.
    They are the same size as Taurens ingame!! go as a Tauren to Duskwallow marsh and check it out for yourself.

They are pretty different from most of the other races. Every other race is presented in a way where you can respect and understand them with a little effort. Ogres can, at best, be tolerated. They are odious to such an extreme that it becomes comical. The level of awful that they would make available to players is something players really can't get from any of the current races; that's why they deserve a slot.

We have enough of the badass, ancient and magical, brilliant, mysterious and misunderstood; players deserve the option to just be an awful, barely house broken giant.

Not an ogre fan, but I don't think they'd be a complete waste of a slot. If we got them, then people would stop asking for them and we could discuss new races which are actually interesting.