Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!!! 21, such a great age.

Don't let it get to you today. Maybe your friends forgot, maybe they have stressful items on the brain.
    I was seriously ill for about 2 weeks and even my own father didn't call to see how I was doing.
    I was sad about it but it turned out he was having a shit time at work and had just plum forgot.

Go out tonite, find a good singles club maybe? You could call your friends and be like "Yo, my birfday
    be today and you btiches owe me cupcakes" LOL. Just don't focus on that lonely feeling, it's not gonna
    go away but if you focus on something else it will hurt less for now.

If you're finding loneliness a constant thing, a dog is really a great way to combat it. They're super loyal,
    fun to cuddle AND dog parks are a great way to meet people. Only once have I met a jerk at a dog park.

Biggest thing though.... Dont. Let. It. Get. To. You.
    Find activities you like, do them as often as you can.
    This too will pass!
    That doesn't justify why he didn't spare 2 secs to ring or text.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Yeah, it is so easy to suddenly start believing in an omnipotent being, it makes me wonder why there are so many atheists.
    There are "many" atheists today because of secularism we are no longer teaching kids about the goodness of faith and the Oneness of the Almighty.

A major reason for why atheism is on the rise is because people just want to yolo and live their lives without thinking about what comes next. The idea of an afterlife scares many of you and this is why you deny God. You're afraid to be held accountable to your actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There are "many" atheists today because of secularism we are no longer teaching kids about the goodness of faith and the Oneness of the Almighty.

A major reason for why atheism is on the rise is because people just want to yolo and live their lives without thinking about what comes next. The idea of an afterlife scares many of you and this is why you deny God. You're afraid to be held accountable to your actions.
    Yeah, and nothing to do with the bible contradicting itself so much. I have read the bible a few times, it is as believable as Harry Potter when you totally understand it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue the opposite is just as scary. Plenty of people really, really don't want to believe that there's actually no accountability for your actions outside of human agency. And if you need an afterlife of hellfire and damnation to convince you to live a good life... well, that's pretty fucked up in and of itself.

It's interesting to me that you characterize it as "denying god". If you don't believe in his existence, you're not denying anything, from your perspective. It's cool if belief in someone or something gives your life greater meaning, but not everyone needs that.

Only once have I met a jerk at a dog park.
    What happened? I'm curious I love jerk-stories

Biggest thing though.... Dont. Let. It. Get. To. You.
    Totally have to emphasize that, because as long as it does get to you, it can cause a big loss of self-confidence when meeting new people

Jesus Christ, can we not turn this into yet another religion thread?

As for OP, I understand it's your birthday, but that doesn't make you more the center of the universe than any other day. If you're feeling lonely you should call up people to do something regardless of what day it is. Take the initiative.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Go out and make friends? Go do stuff, even on your own you'll get to know new people really fast.

Deleted
    What's wrong with the hookers option exactly?

Find someone to get into a long term relationship with.

Find a larger number of people who share interests and you want to do things with on a regular basis.

Get yourself out of the house and into social environments. I suggest joining a heath club.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted

Or people just place questionmarks with the evidence (there is none) that is provided for an almighty all-powerfull being.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Find someone to get into a long term relationship with.
    "I'm lonely"

"Go out and just pick someone to start a lifelong relationship"

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy B-Day bro. Hang in there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    "I'm lonely"

"Go out and just pick someone to start a lifelong relationship"
    Hey, I didn't say it was going to be easy. But living with a person you love, and who loves you in return, is the best way to end loneliness.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    say fuck it people suck.
    Enjoy your own company more. At least this way you wont be disappointed when so called friends forget birthdays.

if you really need some sort of interaction with people, Head to a local shopping mall. find the guys who have pop up stands and let them run their sales pitch on you. Look really interested, and agree to all that they are offering. Then when it comes to signing the document, say that you will need to read it properly over a coffee, then just don't go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must really suck. I am a loner by choice and nothing beats being left alone for me. Yeah I have zero friends as I find them to be a major nuisance. I actually do not like it when family members call me during holidays, especially for my birthday which I do not even celebrate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy 21 springs!
    Go out to a club or bar to have some fun, if not try checking local events that might interest you and see if you can find friends there.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    I feel extremely lonely today. Just turned 21 16 hours ago and even some of my close friends I have known for years don't wish me happy birthday. I just feel forgotten. Any way to remedy this besides buying a bunch of hookers tonight?
    First of all... Happy birthday!

Second, the solution is to learn to accept yourself and your situation. When you are happy with who you are and what you have, you won't feel lonely. Don't worry about other people when they don't live up to your expectations, you don't need them to be a great person and have a happy life. They don't define you, you define you!

Have a great day, and read some of the dalai lamas books, hes a really cool man =)

10+ Year Old Account
    He'd forgotten that I was even sick, it happens. I'm 37 btw, not so young that I live at home but still
    young enough to be his little girl. Shit happens man, we talked for maybe 2mins because my throat was
    so bad I could barely speak. He went on about his life, had issues at work and just pushed the thought
    of "sick daughter" to the back of his mind. It's called being human xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Get friends?
    Honestly, that's probably one of the most piss poor advice anyone could give you. I've been in OP's shoes where you just kinda feel sad and forgotten (when I moved away from where all my friends lived. Twice.) and being told "Oh make new friends!" is the most insulting thing ever.

It's not that easy, because honestly, after just kinda losing your friends once or twice, you DON'T want to put in the effort to make new friends. It just gets to a point where you want others to make the first step.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Don't get pets, you should socialize with humans more.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Thanks for the support and suggestions guys. I know this is an Internet forum but it does help seeing responses that want to help.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    IDK, the hookers idea sounds pretty good. You could also become arrogant to the point that the only persons company that you appreciate and enjoy is your own like me.
    this actually works quite well. did the same about 10 yrs ago. helped the career a ton, helped save for a house a ton and got me in the best shape of my life.
    the problem... you lose your 'game' and 'just being yourself' doesnt work cuz your selfish and stubborn.

the catch 22 of life sometimes....

and happy b-day brah
    Last edited by Djaye; 2014-04-11 at 09:50 PM.