Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I don't know whats more sad: That shirt, the fact he has a cuddle pillow or the fact that is shows a anime char instead of a real woman.
    You've never heard of Waifus?

Chin up buddy. Take it as a positive note. Your 21st year as an opportunity to better yourself, make more friends, etc. Your young, got lots of time, get drunk and play some video games and start fresh tommorow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Go out and get laid, best way to combat loneliness.
    Don't listen to this guy!

Get pets!
    Cats, dogs, ferrets! whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    I feel extremely lonely today. Just turned 21 16 hours ago and even some of my close friends I have known for years don't wish me happy birthday. I just feel forgotten. Any way to remedy this besides buying a bunch of hookers tonight?
    You could always call up said friends and go out and drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean "getting laid" is not the answer to being lonely. If you are like..depressed lonely anyway. Go out and socialize for sure, weekends are great for it. Just get a cab don't drink and drive especially if you are feeling melancholy.

I'm not saying a one night stand is a terrible thing, but its not like it is a be all end all to loneliness. Source: Personal experience with herpes.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    What's wrong with the hookers option exactly?
    Not much, but it's a band aid fix to a larger issue that the hookers will not resolve

Happy Birthday!

Probably not the best advice, but it works for me. Smoke some pot and enjoy your own company whilst sticking up two fingers to all the shitters.

Or just go down the pub, have a few drinks and socialize.

This might be a bit late I guess... But my advice would be to accept yourself, and be content with yourself. I'm not saying at all that you should just go all loner now or anything, but it will save you some grief. And while you're doing so (via soulsearching or something, whatever makes you happy that doesn't involve other people, or try something new!) do some networking seperately. Get some 'chat friends'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Don't listen to this guy!

Get pets!
    Cats, dogs, ferrets! whatever you want!
    This is also a fairly good idea, if you want a pet/can have a pet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Don't get pets, you should socialize with humans more.
    You can be around a lot of people and still feel lonely. What the OP needs is others he feels he can share things, laugh and discuss personal stuff , etc. And the word "friend" is often misused. I only call those I feel I can trust, friends.

Research on those who have pets like the elderly who have lost a lot of the people they knew and enjoyed being around, have shown they do help a lot with loneliness. A dog is called "man's best friend " for some very good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    I feel extremely lonely today. Just turned 21 16 hours ago and even some of my close friends I have known for years don't wish me happy birthday. I just feel forgotten. Any way to remedy this besides buying a bunch of hookers tonight?
    Here's one thing that you could do:

Go to places with activities that you enjoy. This could be anything, as long as you enjoy it. By going to these places you'll find people that share the same interest as you, and that will be the key connecting point. Converse, get to know one another, and if it works out, you're one (or more) friend richer.

Pick up a hobby, say an instrument and go to classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 21st was pretty shitty as well, but it was under a completely different set of circumstances.

OT: Late Happy Birthday btw!

Sounds like you either need new friends or you need to try and interact with them more. Get active.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis