Thread: Spiderman

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Spiderman

So I'm watching through the Avengers again and I've decided that Spiderman is a sissy. New York is under attack and he didn't step in to help the Avengers? Honestly..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I'm watching through the Avengers again and I've decided that Spiderman is a sissy. New York is under attack and he didn't step in to help the Avengers? Honestly..
    He's to busy fighting real threats to New York.

Spiderman wasn't invited.

Deleted
    First avenger movie was pretty terrible...let's be honest, the majority watched it for Iron Man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony owns the cinematic rights to Spider-man. If he was in The Avengers then Disney/Marvel would have had their pants sued off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    First avenger movie was pretty terrible...let's be honest, the majority watched it for Iron Man.
    first avengers movie was pretty great actually

Deleted
    Do not let this turn out to be a joke/meme thread about Spiderman not getting into the avengers. If you want to discuss it seriously then go ahead.

Lol watch me get infracted. That wasn't a meme, that was a slightly joke post. Obviously the answer has to do with legal issues as Iap pointed out so...there isn't much to discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

First thing from google: Sony vs. marvel.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120301155046AAxTbDS

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty cut and dry. Spider-man is an Avenger within the Marvel Universe, but due to legal issues, he isn't even allowed to be mentioned within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

I honestly think the marvel movies would benefit greatly if all legal crap wasn't standing in the way. movie studios need to look at it that way.

Need to buy the rights away from Sony. Then maybe we can get a kick ass movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Need to buy the rights away from Sony. Then maybe we can get a kick ass movie.
    Which properties does sony actually have?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think the marvel movies would benefit greatly if all legal crap wasn't standing in the way. movie studios need to look at it that way.
    It would benefit greatly. But the chances of Sony and Fox returning Spider-man and the X-Men/mutants to Disney/Marvel is slim to none. Film industry is just that, an industry. Their primary concern is to make money.

Edit: Sony owns any and all cinematic rights to Spider-man. Disney/Marvel (and Fox and anyone else) can't touch him when it comes to films.
    Last edited by Iapetus; 2014-04-12 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    Which properties does sony actually have?
    From my understanding, the rights to create SGI material of Spiderman?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This should sort out any confusion on who has what:

I don't think having Spider-Man in the MCU would necessarily make it better. Fans only want him to appear so because they act entitled and would wet themselves with delight at the prospect of a team-up. You know, like the reactions people had at Comic Con when the Batman/Superman film was announced?
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2014-04-12 at 01:55 PM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I hope The Amazing Spider-man 2 is amazing, I'd love for Spiderman to get a franchise build. He definitely deserves his own with the villain gallery that he's got, probably the best of all Marvel's villain galleries (the weak part of the Marvel movies has for the most part been the villains imo). I don't really see Spiderman fitting into The Avengers anyway, mostly because he doesn't really kill, and his web doesn't really strike me as a killer-weapon (I guess he could just punch people like Captain America does, but eh).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Far from terrible, lol. It's probably the best comic book movie made to date.

Damn legal issues! The Marvel movie universe would be even more impressive if this bull didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Yep far from terrible. Its got plot problems though. Winter Soldier is a much smarter movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh...there is a cartoon where he is teamed up with some other random heroes. And the avangers refuse to take him anywhere, because he always does something wrong.
    Like playing with captain america shield.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    No, that's a bit too far. I think 'The Dark Knight' is way better than any Marvel movie (movie scores support that as well).
    -K